• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Only Tournament

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So Speed confirmed best Mewtwo here? At least for the 3DS among the 6 that participated...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So Speed confirmed best Mewtwo here? At least for the 3DS among the 6 that participated...
Well...
Best is a subjective statement. Even the greatest will fall in time.
GGs to everyone! ^-^
Here are the final results!

Supreme Champion: Speedshocker
Worthy Adversary: Raykz
Maybe Next Time: Vexor1011
4th place: MEWTWOMASTER2002
5th place tie: range
Knux27

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It's best 3/5, so it's not over yet. :3
I honestly feel like you like to roll behind me a lot and jab me and Mewtwo doesn't have anything to hit behind him and everytime I tried to turn around I didn't (Either I suck at using the Circle Pad or IDK what was going on). It's a working strategy against me specifically, you basically got the hit on me 100% of the times which is kind of annoying but I still think Mewtwo's roll is ass and is something that shouldn't be used like ever :p.

Anyways I learned that no attack is fast enough to interrupt an F-Air String, you can only air dodge. I wanted to know that for a long time. Basically F-Air strings are pretty safe, they can be avoided but not punished (At least not by anything slower than 6 frames).

Last edited:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Well, I came 5th, that's not too bad, right?

In a 6 person tournament, and I tied for last place.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly feel like you like to roll behind me a lot and jab me and Mewtwo doesn't have anything to hit behind him and everytime I tried to turn around I didn't (Either I suck at using the Circle Pad or IDK what was going on). It's a working strategy against me specifically, you basically got the hit on me 100% of the times which is kind of annoying but I still think Mewtwo's roll is *** and is something that shouldn't be used like ever :p.

Anyways I learned that no attack is fast enough to interrupt an F-Air String, you can only air dodge. I wanted to know that for a long time, basically F-Air strings are pretty safe, they can be avoided but not punished.
You'd be surprised at how useful it has been to me, even against many other characters that aren't Mewtwo. I've played a large amount of good players with different mains.
Mewtwo, in my eyes, is one of the most dodge abusive characters in the game. So many follow ups.

Anyways, I'd like to remind everyone to check in to the Wii U tournament before it begins. Anyone who isn't present when it begins will be instantly disqualified. Also, I'd like to extend a final invitation to those who have yet to join. ^-^
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/V5z3xsgTZi

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You'd be surprised at how useful it has been to me, even against many other characters that aren't Mewtwo. I've played a large amount of good players with different mains.
Mewtwo, in my eyes, is one of the most dodge abusive characters in the game. So many follow ups.
Roll has too many lag frames, like I counted 4 times where I wanted to turn around and jab you before but wasn't able due to my own mistakes. I want to retrain my brain to SH Air Dodge instead of rolling.

Most of your kills were achieved by rolling behind me, jabbing and grabbing, something that shouldn't have been happening as I knew it was coming I was just really bad at reacting to it, which is my own fault. I am just saying that it's easily punished but apparently I just can't do it, lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Congratulations, Speed!

I probably would of joined the 3DS tournament, but...it's a Saturday, and Saturdays are for sleeping in.
Though to make it up to you all, I declined an invitation to go watch Age of Ultron today so I could get to the Wii U tourney on time.

I'm really looking forward the matches I'll be having tonight.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
"Maybe next time"
So patronizing XD
At least you get a saying. I get "4th place".
Roll has too many lag frames, like I counted 4 times where I wanted to turn around and jab you before but wasn't able due to my own mistakes. I want to retrain my brain to SH Air Dodge instead of rolling.

Most of your kills were achieved by rolling behind me, jabbing and grabbing, something that shouldn't have been happening as I knew it was coming I was just really bad at reacting to it, which is my own fault. I am just saying that it's easily punished but apparently I just can't do it, lol.
No Johns. :p

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
At least you get a saying. I get "4th place".

No Johns. :p
No Johns, it's my own fault for being unable to punish. I am just saying I don't think it's actually a good play against someone who has a better reaction time than me. Rolling behind someone that is, at least not on every stock. But meh, I lost, what do I know :).

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
So how will stage picks and counter picks go with the Wii U one? It gets said here like the set results?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So how will stage picks and counter picks go with the Wii U one? It gets said here like the set results?
Yes, the standard set rules will apply. Unlike the 3DS tournament, there will be a prize awarded to the one who wins this one. As such, I think it should be taken just a tad bit more seriously. :3
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy will be offering the choice of any game that is worth 600 coins or below on the Club Nintendo award shop. ^-^

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes, the standard set rules will apply. Unlike the 3DS tournament, there will be a prize awarded to the one who wins this one. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy will be offering the choice of any game that is worth 600 coins or below on the Club Nintendo award shop. ^-^
Actually, a combination is also allowed.

As long as the reward doesn't go beyond 600 coins, you can stack as many rewards as you can.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see i get a freebie In round 1 (i start in round 2)

Just need to make sure how do i find the right opponent when its my turn for the fight.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I see i get a freebie In round 1 (i start in round 2)

Just need to make sure how do i find the right opponent when its my turn for the fight.
The brackets will update and the person you're up against will be displayed next to you. With every successful victory, the bracket will be adjusted. Just follow along with it and play who you're up against and things should be simple.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The brackets will update and the person you're up against will be displayed next to you. With every successful victory, the bracket will be adjusted. Just follow along with it and play who you're up against and things should be simple.
I meant in smash itself

I know all that

I mean with friends the opponment(s) are not on my friends list.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ
@ Chiroz Chiroz
I have a message from a friend of mine. He has something that will help you two manage the tourney.

"Hey guys,
The brackets don't specify a specific chat room, if you guys and Speed would like one you guys are welcome to use my chat room.
http://us20.chatzy.com/SmashRoom
Happy Smashing,
SlickJ"

It seems as if there will be a room for people to chat in once the tourney has begun. ^-^
@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
Just ask if the person is around, they should respond if you ask who "so and so" is on the tourney page.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@Daybreak and @ Chiroz Chiroz
You two are the streamers of this tournament, so please let the people here and at the Mewtwo Social thread know of your Twitch Channels so they may observe. If anyone else is interested in streaming as well, please do the same.
Thank you!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@Daybreak and @ Chiroz Chiroz
You two are the streamers of this tournament, so please let the people here and at the Mewtwo Social thread know of your Twitch Channels so they may observe. If anyone else is interested in streaming as well, please do the same.
Thank you!
My channel is Twitch.tv/Raykz.

I'll start streaming some For Glory in a few minutes while the tournament starts if anyone is interested in watching.

Also registration has started, everyone start registering!!!!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
My channel is Twitch.tv/Raykz.

I'll start streaming some For Glory in a few minutes while the tournament starts if anyone is interested in watching.

Also registration has started, everyone start registering!!!!
Haha x3 Registration has been open for a long while now.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Really nervous about possibly exposing myself as the worst with how badly i've been doing lately.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
unfortunately i'm going to have to bow out of the Wii U tournament, only just now found out we're having guests over tonight. (typical... i'm always the last one to know.)

i've un-registered from the tourney, good luck to all of you who are still competing!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its prbably time to check in since we are 1 hour awaY

Done just checked in to show i can do the tourny.

Last edited:
Top Bottom