• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo changes Patch 1.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Please post anything you notice and we will test and confirm whether it's true.

Things I've noticed:

Mewtwo weight buffed by 2 - Now dies 2-3% later (tested about 6 different kill moves).

CONFIRMED:

Mewtwo now weighs 74 (up from 72)
Mewtwo runs faster than Sheik but slower than Greninja - 2.05 (up from 1.9)
N-Air Multi-Hitboxes Size increased from 2.3->3
U-Smash Endlag reduced - 73->68

Last edited:

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
He seems to have gotten another movement speed (run) buff. Need someone else to confirm, but very noticeable.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
He seems to have gotten another movement speed (run) buff. Need someone else to confirm, but very noticeable.
Confirmed. Mewtwo now runs faster than Sheik but slower than Greninja.

I would say he is about 2.02 speed but I am just eye balling it, no hard code or evidence. This puts Mewtwo at 7th in run speed.

Mewtwo seems to have gotten a very, very slight walk speed buff according to some very trustworthy sources, but as far as my own tests go, Palutena is still very slightly faster so that would put Mewtwo somewhere in between 1.2 and 1.21 walk speed.

Last edited:

J2_

Smash Cadet
We top 20 now? I can't think of anything else that Mewtwo needs now that he got the weight buff we've been asking for.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
We top 20 now? I can't think of anything else that Mewtwo needs now that he got the weight buff we've been asking for.
It isn't exactly the buff weight we've been asking for. We die 1-3% later from moves depending on how much knockback the move has. It isn't that big of a deal.

But something is something :3.

The movespeed buff though, goddamn are we fast now.

Mighty_ChaotiX

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chalybion
I think his nair comes out a little earlier, something that was anoying me for a while... any anyone else check? (used to come out on frame 7) i alway felt like the hitbox came later than the lightning but now hitbox/animation seems synchro...

Edit

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Damn. This patch came out of no where. I have to go to bed cause i got work tomorrow early so I can't even ****ing test, let alone download the patch.

Anyone know if...
-any damage increases to any of his moves
-down throw combos?
-changes to shadowball like hitbox while charging, knocks people hanging on ledge like Lucario(meh)
-range on up tilt and up up air
-end lag decreases on anything
-anything on disable(more range?)
-buffs to grab like range and on shorter characters
-knockback increase/decrease on throws
gonna go to bed. Thanks for testing everything so far guys

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
This could be completely placebo but I think his tail attacks have something different. IDK what it is but B-Air seems different. almost as if it comes out faster, but I cannot tell really.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Did someone say "nair?" [So seriously, someone said nair was better in the social thread. Their placebo was right]

Mewtwo https://www.diffchecker.com/2zuvx1om

Nair:
All hitboxes except final one size increased from 2.3 -> 3

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Chiroz Chiroz , anybody else, you see this?

Mewtwo

Nair:
  • All hitboxes except final one size increased from 2.3 -> 3
EDIT: lmao, ninja'd

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Did someone say "nair?" [So seriously, someone said nair was better in the social thread. Their placebo was right]

Mewtwo https://www.diffchecker.com/2zuvx1om

Nair:
All hitboxes except final one size increased from 2.3 -> 3
Damn I wrote this change down in my notebook as my #2 most wanted change with these exact numbers.

If only U-Air started 2 frames earlier, hahahaha

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Can Mewtwo cancel Shadowball into shield earlier now? It seems like it, but it might be placebo. I remember him being unable to cancel it as early as Samus, Lucario, WFT, etc, but I'm not sure.

I don't think Side-B is faster.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Wow, I didn't expect Mewtwo to get even faster. And with a small weight buff too. I would've preferred an even 75, but I'll take what I can get.

BlastLine99

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megatronus
Has there been any changes to Mewtwo's Bair? It just seems like it's connecting better, but that may be due to the new movement speed throwing me off.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Has there been any changes to Mewtwo's Bair? It just seems like it's connecting better, but that may be due to the new movement speed throwing me off.
I also feel this but I have seen no confirmation on it. It feels like it starts 1 frame sooner to me or just the hitbox was slightly shifted downwards or something. I seem to be connecting it better against opponents underneath me.

BlastLine99

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megatronus
I also feel this but I have seen no confirmation on it. It feels like it starts 1 frame sooner to me or just the hitbox was slightly shifted downwards or something. I seem to be connecting it better against opponents underneath me.
That's what I've been noticing. Would be nice if it's true.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I am pretty certain we couldn't hit *anyone* if you B-Aired immediately after jumping (like the very next frame), now we are able to hit a little more than 1/2th of the cast with the tipper hitbox and about 1/4th of the cast with the middle hitbox.

Can anyone confirm this couldn't be done prepatch?

Also, anyone else feel like U-Tilt can hit much better behind us? It also has a tipper hitbox behind us that I don't recall ever landing before at all.

Last edited:

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
HOLY JESUS COW BURGERS. A PATCH!

I have loads of phone calls I need to make during my lunch hour, but I fear none of them will happen as I race home to test these... Weight buff! Speed buff! NAir buff! Possible BAir fixing! I am so happy! :D

Raykz, I have been able to get BAirs to hit immediately after jumping, but I found the timing to be very strict. If that is now resolved, my playstyle will pick it up, since I still have residual muscle memory from BAir walling in Melee, and I still find myself making those inputs and failing 95% of the time in Sm4sh. If I see that improving to 50% or more, I will be convinced its not a placebo.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
The buffs are nice but I think the top tiers getting nerfed indirectly buffs him more than what he's got here.

It's good either way. :awesome:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So Mewtwo's weight got increased to 74? Not good enough if you asked me, because you're still lighter than Mr. Game & Watch. Frankly, I feel that only Jigglypuff should be lighter than the resident of Flat Zone.

End of personal rant.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I heard someone say that teleport doesn't bounce off of the stage as easily now. could someone test this?

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
So Mewtwo's weight got increased to 74? Not good enough if you asked me, because you're still lighter than Mr. Game & Watch. Frankly, I feel that only Jigglypuff should be lighter than the resident of Flat Zone.

End of personal rant.
This is so arbitrary. Who cares if it barely makes sense? It's Smash. Rosalina's a heavyweight in Mario Kart yet she's only 77 weight here. Olimar is the size of a penny, yet he's heavier than both of them. Logic may sometimes go out the window in favor of character balance and archetypes. It's what makes a fighting game a fighting game.

Also, is there a source on up smash having earlier FAF?

Edit: Saw the post. Awesome.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
There is no way you could possibly doubt Mewtwo's viability at this point. Congrats guys! I've been watching the Mewtwo meta for a while now and I'm so happy to see how far he's come!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
STRAIGHT TO ****ING HIGH TIER LADS :happysheep:

I've been waiting for this moment since 2001!

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I heard someone say that teleport doesn't bounce off of the stage as easily now. could someone test this?
Already tested this. He bounces just the same. Teleport still has that weird float thing and it also seems to lag the same on landing.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
A lot of people have been saying that Mewtwo could possibly be a high tier character/top 20... I wonder how much truth there is to that? I don't want to get too optimistic at the moment but that would be incredible if it ended up that way. I can see it.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Usmaash ending lag decreased to 68 from 73.
Seriously? Oh hell yeah. This one is one of the bigger ones for me. Is it noticeable? Cause if you whiff a u smash with M2 usually...you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom