• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Gear

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought MGS3 (Subsistence) had great controls actually. I would like to see the controls for MGS2 updated though.

Of course I probably won't buy them to be honest. My MGS2/3 discs still work just fine and an increase to HD really isn't enough of a selling point for me to buy them again, especially since I'd be playing them on an SDTV where one of the corners of the screen is messed up anyway.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, you do have a point, if you're playing on an SDTV you probably won't see much of a difference at all.

Aside from it's upscaling, I also want to collect the trophies, which is another twist from the originals, maybe some new extras wouldn't hurt.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Yea it is definetly worth grabbing.

As far as the original Metal Gear Solid goes, it's a shame we haven't seen it updated, at least for the Playstation that is, i've played the Gamecube version of the game and the visuals were nice, personally though I've always liked the original PS1 version better, sure the graphics aren't all that great but at least the controls were easier, and even though Twin Snakes had unique boss tracks, the PS1 tracks were simply bad***!

Simply put, the original just brings back memories of the good ol' days. :)

OmegaXXII

Arcade release?

Since when has Metal Gear been in arcades? lol.. Or maybe there is but I've never found out about it :/

It's funny, I actually have two copies of each games, I even have the ps2 version that came bundled with MGS2 & MGS3, but I've never played it lol..

OmegaXXII

Ah yes, should have known! XBox fanboy.

I recently saw the MGS "comics" game on PSN, I've never looked into it, I heard it's like the original, I could be wrong.

Top Bottom