• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
I've rented the game for the week, and I have to say that I understand why the original got perfect scores from EGM. The story has to be the best I've ever seen in a game. Add some of the best gameplay and characters, and it has to be one of the most perfect games of all time.

I've just defeated Sniper Wolf as in killed her. I actually enjoy the fact that just because you fought one of the FOXHOUNDS/Ninja doesn't mean that character dies. I also love the cutscenes after you actually kill them; it really makes them more rounded (like my favorite enemy in a game, Belleza from Skies of Arcadia).

Of course, the enemies are all cool, and so are much of your allies (except Otacon, geez he's annoying).

My only one gripe is that there really isn't much of a tutorial by way of how to do things. It really hurts when you're dumped in an area and don't understand how to knock someone out.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
man I really need to get going on my second play through.

But I need to know where that camera is. I didn't it the first time around and right now I'm too lazy to go to gamefaqs -_-

also I like that fact that can now choose to have another ending this time. Replay value!!!

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
The Twin snakes was a great game. Its main problems are the additions, the first person aiming and the ability to hang make the game pathetically easy, but oh well. I was also confused how much they made snake look like a superhero (NO ONE can jump a missle). Anyway, i highly reccomend this game to fans of this type of game.
another priceless moment in metal gear. scenes like that make me bust out laughing.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Yes, the camera is still in its old spot. There are also some weird ghost shots that you can take throughout the game. I didn't want to, though; this was good enough!

I really, really love this game. Its story and characters are so well done; it seems like I'm watching a great classic movie. I did finish the game in under 8 and 1/2 hours. Usually I don't buy games that I can beat with a rental, but this game is just so good (in fact, it's now one of my top 5 favorites alongside Tetris, Sims (PC), Ocarina of Time, and Melee) that I must get it!

Now all I want is Konami to give Nintendo owners a chance to own the rest of the series.

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
yea i never did play the first 2 (real) metal gear games for the NES and the other system it was on.(i think it was on another system) i was kinda hoping they'd release them in the twin snakes as a bonus. still hoping they'd atleast do it for snake eater though since it is back before the first metal gear. or atleast remake the first 2(like twin snakes) and make it one game.

famousmirage

Smash Cadet
There were three MG games before Solid: Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge (Ignored because it sucked, AND was made by a team WITHOUT Hideo Kojima), and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (released only for the MSX2, a personal computer system with limited distribution in the US). The two good games would fit on a floppy disc, so there is no excuse for not re-releasing them on one of the newer metal gear games!

bodyguard380

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt consider snakes revenge as another real metal gear game because it sucked and was like a top down contra(thats what happens when kojima doesnt work on his game). i didnt know the other system it was on but thnx for the info.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Rented it, beat it twice, love it. I never beat the original, so I'm happy that both endings are really great.

One thing

Am I the only person who'd rather have the ending where
Meryl dies
be the official one? It'd do so much more for Snake as a character, and plus, the Otacon ending is better.

I'm glad they added 1st person, I hated shooting in the original, it was so hard with the camera angles.

Also, another question!

Does anyone really understand the ending to MGS2? I musta beaten the game about 20 times and it still baffles me.

famousmirage

Smash Cadet
You aren't alone. I must have beat that game 5 times in just a couple weeks (mostly dog tag hunting). I could not figure that out. I thought I must have missed something. Something very large. I read somewhere that Kojima got a lot of fan letters saying that the subterfuge in MGS was great, so he put more in.

The idea of the
audio messages after the credits is pure genius!
The one for MGS was a shocker. The one for MGS2 just made me laugh.

Yeah. That ending was better. The other just didn't seem to fit with Snake's character at all.

Bah! The first person aiming made the game far to easy! It's not like it was hard before; you knew you would always shoot straight! You just had to line yourself up with the enemy. If you can't do that, well, that's what grenades are for. 1st person aiming, particularly silenced-bullet headshots just takes away the incentive to NOT shoot at people. I did like the addition of the tranq gun. It made it easier to mess with guards!

James macloud

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only person who'd rather have the ending where Meryl dies be the official one? It'd do so much more for Snake as a character, and plus, the Otacon ending is better.
otacons ending is the official one that carrys over. i mean didn't you notice anything funny about the way snake acts towards olga in sons of libity. personl i think the other ending cut's snake a bit of a break.

James macloud

Smash Journeyman
i mean yhea its like fail misrably and you get the super dupa item that means the game becomes really easy or sucsead and get the item that makes almost no diffrence. even though that is the offical ending i do want to see Meryl again. or at least stell her gun :p . SNAKE we can her that gun being fired from mills away. (mogoose awarde here we come!)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Lol, in the second playthrough, when you visit Meryl in the bathroom, she doesn't have her pants on.

And on the third playthrough, Snake is wearing a tuxedo and Meryl is wearing a sneaking suit! Crazy!

Top Bottom