• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Yeah, MK! Did you read the latest EGM? They had a question about the ad. Then on the page on the other side, they had the ad! It felt a lot like a coinceidence.

If it hasn't been posted already, GI gave it their Game of the Month while Twin Snakes narrowly lost Game of the Month to PSO3. They said that the first boss battle was far too easy with some of the new additions.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
As an MGS fan, this is good news. Did anyone else notice that in Game Informer, they stated that TTS was rated Teen? If this is true, they must have pulled out ALL the blood in the game. I wonder if VR missions come with teh game. Return of Genola, anyone?

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
Originally posted by Metroid Killer

Versus was a very low budget movie, don't expect much from it...

Maybe, but it's pretty good and much better than other low budget movies. Don't say "very" though. It's not like the camera is all messed up or it's not like acting is bad. Anyways, movies that are low budget show the director's ability to direct a movie since they can't fill it up with explosions and stuff like that.

Lol @ Snake's "trigger"

Can't wait for this game!

BA out..

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by shadowhuntr000
As an MGS fan, this is good news. Did anyone else notice that in Game Informer, they stated that TTS was rated Teen? If this is true, they must have pulled out ALL the blood in the game. I wonder if VR missions come with teh game. Return of Genola, anyone?
It's M for mature... no question about it ;) And the VR missions are in the game... everything that was in the original MGS is in Twin Snakes.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

Japanese publication Famitsu reports that developer Silicon Knights has reworked the scene for a more Nintendo-friendly audience. The game now reads your memory card and identifies Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers DX (Melee), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Eternal Darkness, with Psycho Mantis modifying his speech as a result.
-IGN
Neato, I'm wondering what Psycho Mantis does when you have these games... IGN says it effects his speech, like in the original MGS he said "So you like Castlevania?" if you had Castlevania on your PS1's memory card. Hopefully he'll say things more creepy than just "So you like Smash Bros?"

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Shoot. All that happens with a Eternal Darkness save is his voice changes? I was hoping that Mantis would take off his mask and show Pious Augustus under it for a few seconds. That would be sweet.

I have all those games, too, but I'm wondering: if I've already got sixteen games on a memory card, does that mean I can't have any more, even if there are extra blocks?

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Sorry about this double post, my computer's acting really slowly, and I accidentally pressed the send reply twice. I tried deleting it on my own, but it said I couldn't.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
METAL GEAR SOLID: THE TWIN SNAKES HAS SHIPPED!

Expect major retailers like Target, wal-Mart, and best Buy to receive their orders Thursday and Friday.

I am overjoyed. I need to go to the local Target and look at the game case. Get your copy now!

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
IGN has just reviewed Twin Snakes, and the score is 8.5, which they seem to love to throw around recently (PSO 3 also got an 8.5).

ultimaiq2

Smash Lord
Anyone know when it's coming to europe?

Also I've played MGS1 on PsOne, but I never got past the "normal keycard. cold keycard amd hot keycard mission". (this was before I knew about internet and I was about 14 years old)

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
I expected higher reviews. But don't believe I'm ranting on the game, I'm actually disappointed with the sites that have reviewed it. I'll be the first to say I hate when people say, " It's the exact same thing as the game before it with no new extras or anything, but since the last game was awesome and this one is just a carbon copy, then we'll just give it the same grade."

But from what I've seen of this remake, everything seems revamped. Also the combination of elements from MGS1 and MGS2 are definitely there. The cinemas are awesome, and so is the voice acting. I have to say I haven't played MGS:TTS so I don't know if you would consider my rant valid, but I'm sure it deserves at least a 9.

BA out.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Originally posted by B0r3d*m Alien
I expected higher reviews. But don't believe I'm ranting on the game, I'm actually disappointed with the sites that have reviewed it. I'll be the first to say I hate when people say, " It's the exact same thing as the game before it with no new extras or anything, but since the last game was awesome and this one is just a carbon copy, then we'll just give it the same grade."

But from what I've seen of this remake, everything seems revamped. Also the combination of elements from MGS1 and MGS2 are definitely there. The cinemas are awesome, and so is the voice acting. I have to say I haven't played MGS:TTS so I don't know if you would consider my rant valid, but I'm sure it deserves at least a 9.

BA out.
I think that the mere fact that things were indeed revamped as you said seems to be the problem. Basically, they added many gameplay elements from MGS2, but they don't fit the level designs. EGM points out, for instance, that the battle with Revolver Ocelot is made incredibly easy. Also, since in MGS2 they added some more tricks to the troops, such as clearing rooms when you have triggered their alerts, the levels in MGS aren't exactly made for this, which can make it harder to hide from the guards.

I'll still definately consider getting it though, even though I still have the original PSX version.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Yeah, Silicon Knights may need to have reworked the entire game (level design and such); I think GamePro said that while it is nice to have these MGS2 moves, they're rarely used with the level designs or rarely needed.

This game does seem to be the GCN's flagship March title. I think this will actually hurt Collosseum sales.

saud

Smash Lord
Well I love the game remake or not. But the thing I hate most which didn't change the screens in the codec. It still just shows the pictures of the characters in it not showing how they talk, and how you could move the screen that shows them a bit by the analog in MGS:SOL but still THIS GAME IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
I've had this game over a week, and yeah its good, but not as good as MGS2. It seriously lacks guards (I know there weren't many in the first because you were pretty much going to get spotted; i.e. no FPV). And the bosses are easier then in MGS2. I spent 2 weeks on the Harrier on Extreme and a 1 1/2 weeks on MG RAY on extreme. Although I'm expecting Raven in the Tank to be very hard on extreme, because he was tough to take down on Normal.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally Posted by Bluelion20
"Although I'm expecting Raven in the Tank to be very hard on extreme, because he was tough to take down on Normal."

He won't be "very hard", he'll be "extreme".

PS, Saud, you might want to edit that post you made or something, cause I didn't understand a word.

Here's hoping that Blockbuster has this game,
BA out..

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
yo, this game ROCKS! i got it on tues day, and i played it for 5 hours today. in case you guys are wondering the next boss im against is psycho mantis. (they revamped his boss fight so much. you guys are gonna love it)

umm let's see what I can say:

Ocelot is easy, but he is the first boss, so it makes sensce.

raven in tank took me a while(i wanted to tranq the driver)

i couldnt find the m9 for a while

ninja battle was just a lot of fun.

i shot mario in the face.

oh I have a question: for those of you who played Eternal Darkness, what is the name of that blonde girl in it? because i think she's in a picture of one of the books you can use (girly books u can use to distract gaurds)

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
^ Alex Roivas. I have a hilarious picture of a guard staring at the girly book with her in it.

I went through the first time on Normal, and it was insanely easy thanks to the first person perspective. Just pop a guy in the head a mile away instead of sneaking by.

The only blatantly new thing was having to kill the rat for the PAL key, I think.

Anyways, it feels like some conversations have been completely cut out, or at least I just missed them. Does Ocelot still have his infamous "long, hot bullet" spiel, and is there still a Codec conversation where Nastasha's house is raided?

saud

Smash Lord
Ok i beat the game the first time and got the bandana. Then the game gave me the clear code and etc. but when I tried to sign the Clear ode it said error then I thought i wrote it down wrong and I already went to the start screen. So then I beat the game again and got the stealth, and go tthe Clear Code, but this time me, my brother and sister wrote down the code and all and made sure we got it right. and then I went to the site and typed in the Clear Code and it still said error. So can anyone help me with my problem? and here's my codes and all.

Game Level Very easy
Play Time 03:53:02
Save 03 Times
Continue 02 times
Alert Mode 19 Times
Enemies 03 Killed
rations 027 Used

CODE NAME
SPIDER

CLEAR CODE
ZX2J JHWN DKKV CWQ5
ZCS9 NBBS X38

So does anyone know what's wrong?

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
I can't help you but you're a spider? Crap man, I'm a freaking "Mongoose." How crappy is that? Super-crappy, that's how crappy.

The game is awesome though. I had a blast. Here's the list of the bad-assest characters:

4. Vulcan Raven
3. Solid Snake
2. Psycho Mantis
1. Ninja

As you obviously agree, these characters are all totally badass. Represent, ninja. I love you man.

I got that bandanna too. What does that actually do?

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Man I got the game this Saturday and played all weekend, and then finished today.

I never played the original, but d*mn this game was awesome! It gets an instant spot on my all-time top 10 list!

I got Hyena(sp?) rank had a total time of 16 hours(pretty long for a game of this genre imo).

I also got the bandana as well. Load the file which you beated the game with and you'll start with the bandana, if you equip it you'll get unlimited ammo.

I'm gonna play through this game at least 3 times again!

ExMachina

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention that with the bandana, you don't have to reload either.

FAMAS ownage. :D

I got ranked as a Cheetah... Probably because I'd played through the original and MGS2, I guess.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
Well, I tried this game on Extreme. Most of the bosses are still a pushover (except Tank Raven :mad: ).

Also, I still have to reload with the FA-MAS. I don't know why, I used the red bullet part of it too. meh, I don't use the FAMAS much anyway (I use M9 and PSG1-T because they are tranqs and silenced). Anyway, here were my stats.

Game Level: Extreme
Radar: Off
Play Time: 2:48:03
Saves: 3 times
Continue: 0 times
Alert Mode: 14 times
Enemies: 24 killed
Rations: 0 used
Mech: 2 destroyed
Special Items: None

Its fairly easy to do this and even better. If I really cared, I could prolly get big boss ranking, but I doubt I will try.

MS70000

Smash Apprentice
I am sorry if this is reving. But I need help in this game. I am stuck in the levl after you beat the the Tank. In the level you have to use the Rocket Launcher you have to blow up this gas thing. The person who calles you known as Deepthroat says it is on the North West wall. Well I went to the North West wall and nothing was there. Where is it?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Dang, I miss this place. It's been like forever since I came to SMASH boards.

Anyway, I think this game rocks. Cutscenes were some of the best, boss battles were great (especially Psycho Mantis's), and it had better graphics than the PS version. It's still short though but that don't matter to me.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
two words for this game:

TOO SHORT

it's so short that it feels almost like a collector's item rather than anything else, they really should have had the VR missions, all of MGS1 and a bunch more variations of MGS2 ones, if they didnt have enough time to made and convert the missons, get more ppl

camera mode was kinda annoying, having to reset to check if u got the ghost or not, n playing the game over n over for diff costumes got boring really fast, dogtag collecting was fun though - collecting all pf them for 1 difficulty or 2

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Is the stealth suit still available? That was my all-time favorite part of the original, going up behind guards in the bathroom with the suit on and putting C4's on their backs.

Also, is the GCN controller good for the controls?

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Stealth suit is there, u just gotta submit to torture and get octagon's ending, and it is funny as heck just messing around w/ the soldiers

i've only played the GC version so to me, the controller felt just fine for the controls. But either way, u would have to get use to it because no matter how well the controls are mapped, a GC controller is diff from a PS controller.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
Wait a minute. So you're saying that it's a bad thing that I ****ed up my fingers resisting that torture? I was so proud of myself for making it all the way through. Oh well. I just started a new file yesterday, so I'll just give up this time.

And I haven't had any problems with the controls, so, yeah. I never played the original.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
well, it's not bad u did not submitted to torture, if u beat the game w/out submitting to torture, u get this bandana that gives u unlimited ammo if u got it equipped

use the saved game that u beat to start a new game, then if beat the game to get the item one way, starting the 2nd game using the save u beat will allow u to keep all the items u had b4 (just like resident evil)

famousmirage

Smash Cadet
I played the original MGS to death. I loved that game. I saw a friend playing Twin Snakes about a week ago. Particularly the Hind battle sequence. Is it just me or did snake get turned into superman? He vaulted off of a missle for crying out loud. The most unbelievable thing he did in the original was dodge Revolver Ocelot's first bullet (which was directed at the ground).

famousmirage

Smash Cadet
I think MGS is more of a Tom Clancy-style techno-thriller than the typical action movie.

I don't think he's a super hero. He's sort of like John Henry: not super, just better. MGS involves man overcoming machine quite frequently. The tank, the hind, and metal gear, all show Snake outperforming very able killing machines.

Solid Snake0165

Smash Rookie
Twin Snakes is a really good game. I think they kept the original Codec artwork to keep the original "feel" to the game. After I beat this I bought Substance, which is really cool. Revolver Ocelot is super easy, as in you can take him down in under 10 seconds like I do. Since this was my first MGS game, I wanted to play the original so I bought it and beat, got the Bandanna. I can see wheere they changed the voices for some people. Most people perfer the original over this remake though.

Solid Snake015

Smash Apprentice
The Twin snakes was a great game. Its main problems are the additions, the first person aiming and the ability to hang make the game pathetically easy, but oh well. I was also confused how much they made snake look like a superhero (NO ONE can jump a missle). Anyway, i highly reccomend this game to fans of this type of game.

Also.... o_O 1 number difference to the name above me.... weird.

James macloud

Smash Journeyman
one bad thing

the only thing that annoys me is that if you get garuds on you you can lose them by just changing area. even if they where shooting at you as you left. i think that when you get spotted you should be basicaly screwed. but instead all you have to do is jump area and they leave. plus snake is a super hero but he sold his cape for the bandaner.

Top Bottom