• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknights bad/worst matchup

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Just wondering what everyones opinion is.

I know snake is bad.

What do you guys think about Pikachu? Ive read alot thats real bad. Ive heard mixed opionions on game and watch

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Hm, there's a thread on this already.

On topic, I think Snake is MK's worst matchup.

Edit: Pikachu? I've never faced one that doesn't use three thunders in a row and none of them hit me.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
Pika's thunder attack is annoying as **** but thats all he has on meta. And thunder jolt spam dosent count. I have problems against a good R.O.B player so yea...hes hard to K.O on the sides since robs insane recovery is there. I say rob to a extent.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
i hav3 troubl3 with only D3's. . . . and th3 occasional gam3 and watch....
snak3 is 3asily combo3d. . . . u just gotta play 3ith3r d3f3nsiv3 or insan3ly off3nsiv3

Master Raven

Smash Master
Snake, G&W, Pikachu and ROB can be difficult matchups for Meta Knight, at least from my experience.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i hav3 troubl3 with only D3's. . . . and th3 occasional gam3 and watch....
snak3 is 3asily combo3d. . . . u just gotta play 3ith3r d3f3nsiv3 or insan3ly off3nsiv3
seriously... you won't lose any credibility by making your statements in a way that readers don't have to decipher the text

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Snake
Marth
Falco

Anyone who can consistently distruped MetaKnight's approach is going to give him fits.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
seriously... you won't lose any credibility by making your statements in a way that readers don't have to decipher the text
hahaha ya... that may b3.... but my "E" k3y is brok3n....
i thought i post3d that h3r3 my bad tho :D

Master Raven

Smash Master
Falco isn't too difficult of a matchup for MK. I've yet to experience any serious problems from Falco players (albeit I have fought some very good ones).

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, im not so sure why everyone lists falco as a tough match for mk. I know his blaster beats the tornado, but that shouldnt automatically make him a tough matchup... I never had trouble against falco players. Snake is tough, and I have had trouble with G&W, but it really depends on the player I think. Pikachu can be annoying, but I rarely get beaten by him. You just have to learn to avoid his lightning strike...

Master Raven

Smash Master
I ****ing hate fighting Pikachu players who love to spam the heck out of his Dsmash.

As for Snake and G&W, G&W definitely has the priority advantage over MK. I usually have to use Mach Tornado and Drill Rush to break G&W's aerials, and his jumping and recovery is insane and rather awkward to follow (is it me, or is recovering in general super easy in Brawl as opposed to the past games though?).

I've just started to finally gain the advantage on Snake players, but they're still definitely tought to beat. The trick is to use MT on rushing Snakes. I've learned from my experience that the #1 problem I had with Snakes were his rushing attacks, and his tilts. Nothing quite like MTing a Snake attempting a snake dash, mortar slide or that god**** Ftilt. :) I also love tossing a Snake into his own claymore mine (it happened to me last night on Battlefield). You can also MT through the Nikita missiles. One thing you definitely need to watch out for though is MTing a Snake with a grenade. I've played a few Snakes who'd take out a grenade in the middle of my MT and it'd interrupt the attack.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
I hear that Pika players love doing that dsmash **** like its the law or something. And the worst of it is if they know your gonna play meta they choose pika like he ***** meta..please. I need to play a good snake user..sounds fun.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
G&W is tough, you just have to be careful with your spacing and watch out for his smashes.

I have yet to play a good Snake.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I've played t-rex's snake which is currently probably best in texas during a tourney. I beat him 2-0. Right after I played Leeharris's snake who also usually places in the top 10.
Snake never seems to give me that much trouble.

G&W can be a little difficult. You gotta be very careful with his smashes.

Top Bottom