• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight is just a face

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaf

Smash Lord
if you are gunna say that mk isnt hard, atleast play a very good one. dont play a scrubby mk and expect us to be amazed.

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
the reason they fear MK is because he kicks *** but the game is still in the early stages and players will get better.(MK is better than diddy)(infants should be banned!!!)

OverLade

Smash Hero
The diddy player is very good, but the Metaknight player really needs work. A good Metaknight wouldn't lose that kind of match.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten plenty of metaknight players in tournament matchs. I don't understand how everyone is saying this guy is bad when he is ranked 4 on the Socal power rankings lol.

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Nanerz,if you want to see some good MetaKinghts.watch DoJo,Kaizzu,Affinity and the rest (sorry for not remembering all names) videos at the respective thread.You will see why this Edge dude is considered bad. Also, you play a great Diddy.Good job.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
You guys say that MK sucked, but seriously, how much can you do against a Diddy like that? Bananas keep you off balance and if you do get a chance to attack he just shields or dodges. I don't think he was that bad, but that Diddy was a beast.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the comments guys, I actually really like playing Metaknights with Diddy, Its a very interesting match-up.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You guys say that MK sucked, but seriously, how much can you do against a Diddy like that? Bananas keep you off balance and if you do get a chance to attack he just shields or dodges. I don't think he was that bad, but that Diddy was a beast.
Well, if you look at the related videos, the MK player won 2 out of the 3. So it's hardly unbeatable or anything.

And I'm not criticizing you btw, I would hate to fight your Diddy.

zaf

Smash Lord
mk can kill diddy easy, ive never had a problem with them. I don't care if "edge" is placed 4th on the social rankings but he is horrible in that match. If you are mk and playing against a diddy you need to stay air born more, that mk just stuck to the grounds. Ill post some of my mk videos so i can show that im not just random scrub like edge

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol that Metaknight was Edge, like, Number 4 in the Socal power rankings xD

Thanks though :D
edge is a good metaknight he looked really really unprepared for certain. but the diddy was amazin awesome mind games ^^

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Meta Knight doesn´t suck against Diddy. A Meta Knight that doesn´t have experience against Diddy sucks against Diddy.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
i cant admit nothing, that mk was garbage, once he plays a decent one and then shows us, then i will decide or not.
I'm pretty sure the mk was decent but not as good as nanerz. so what we want to see is the same experience.

LastReaper

Smash Cadet
...Crap
Man that was troubling to watch even though the "*ALMIGHTY 4th ranked*" Edge didn't fare well. You are amazing to watch, that was the first time I saw a good diddy like that, I mean, throwing bananas like crazy...I was all like o_o woooooooo. I seem to agree with REDHALBERD on the point that the guy was, maybe, "unprepared" and was like, "ohhh sheet wat eez zat I dunno wata do!". If I were fighting at his place I would've definately add more pressure and fake more. Anyways. You truly are good and amazing to watch. You dodge well and use your bananas well too... even though sometimes it turned against you... but overall, exellent vid and good job!!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Maybe, but spamming that is a bit... noob... don't ya think? And he tried the tornado once but Nanerz dodged almost perfectly soooo...
and the monkey throwing bananas all over the place, and using his dash attack all the time is not spamming? if someone's spamming you in a tournament, feel free to win by any means. the tornado spam can rack damage very cheaply, and projectiles get deflected/destroyed by the tornado, so no need to worry about bananas then. and yes it is a very noob move, which should only be used against other noob spammers.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Omg, Nado is good and all, but you can't just spam it and win, unless you're playing a dumb@##...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Omg, Nado is good and all, but you can't just spam it and win, unless you're playing a dumb@##...
of course not all the time, but as you just saw, you can win by spamming bananas and dashes, and finishing off your opponents. Just play professionally unless you meet a MEGA SPAMMER, then spam the ***** right out of them back

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Usually a tornado spam is a good MK's last resort. Even then it doesn't always work. You'd be better off trying to use the bananas against him. Shield and grabbing them out of the air.

Whornado doesn't solve everything. Most here at the MK boards know that.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
you dont spam everything, just use the tornado (and possibly the drill rush) to get past the bananas forcing the player to use another tactic. A non spamming tactic. the fact remains, if you're cheap like diddy in that vid, you can really annoy the heck out of a player trying not to spam.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
meleemaster - the Bananas break the tornado, thats why he wasn't using it. my Forward Tilt and Diddy Hump break the tornado as well.

just defending myself =]

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well he attempted the tornado 3 times in the match, the first he hit you, but he failed to aim and trap you in it. the second the tornado was canceled by a banana drop. and the 3rd time he missed entirely. the only reason the banana canceled the tornado was because it was a banana drop (special move) with a downward attack hitbox (the tornado is mostly canceled by attacks from above) and not the banana being thrown like any old item. If he would have used the tornado and a banana his him from being thrown, his tornado would have stopped it (I believe). also if he could have aimed the tornado better, he would have actually trapped you. the guy you beat should practice a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom