• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Rules:

1. Post things that you think need to be tested. If they have been tested, you will simply be answered.

2. This is for discussing possible things that we need to look further into. Like a new use for a move, some nice setups from grabs/zair/bair, etc.

3. If you have time - please test the material in the thread. I don't have a wii right now, so there isn't much I can do.

Threads to read first---

The Link Handbook

The Art of Link - Video Guide

The Triforce of Courage - An Advanced Link Guide

Now that you have a basic understanding of Link's current AT's, Metagame, and things we already know, we can begin.

(This thread goes hand-in-hand with the Handbook thread, however this varies a lot more and is used more for discussion of the metagame.)

The first page of this will not be updated! That is for the Link Handbook! (This is why it's important to read it!)

This thread is meant for discussion of the metagame, not learning about it! If you have questions, go to the Q&A thread ( Found here)

I can post here but I have no time for anything else but my own Metagame discussion, btw havokk should cooperate, we should tell each other whenever someone posts something intresting in either thread, that way more minds can come together and discuss it(and we at ehem "that other place" show that we have nothing against SWF).

Crow!

Smash Lord
@Kiyuzoh: in case you aren't familiar with the situation, the vast majority of Link mains moved to AiB's forums, hence the lack of any intelligent activity on this board. Link isn't dead yet.

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
I'm well informed on the whole mod silliness that happened here, I frequent this board because I play as Link periodically, but you would think that this 'New Generation of Links' would've at least nodded at this thread's existence, or something. When it comes to Link's metagame, you should just go to AiB and chill with the Link mains for a little while.

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
every single thread ends up talking about the fact all the links are gone. Lots are gone, but if everyones gunna keep going on about it make a 'oh **** the links are still gone thread', new comers have gotta contribute because lots of people just lurk.

massive respect for you for doing this btw Havokk, its awesome, give the link boards time, people will contribute and if not, trying is better than nothing.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Hilarious thread, Havokk.

The very notion that a scrap of Link's metagame can still be further discussed and invented in this cesspool of a forum is enough to make anyone break down with laughter until they set themselves. Have fun with the "New Generation", Havokk. I'm sure you won't mind cleaning out the "Omg, I can slide while Usmashing" threads and sifting through the endless [New technique; cancel arrow lag when landing] "discoveries".

Link mains won't keep coming because a lot of them left for a good reason. SWF hates Link mains, and they will lock threads and infract indiscriminatly and without remorse, as long as Link is your main.

Maybe Havokk can revive this forum for you "New Generation" players. That is, until the Buzz Saw comes along and hacks your wonderfully constructed Link society to ribbons.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hilarious thread, Havokk.

The very notion that a scrap of Link's metagame can still be further discussed and invented in this cesspool of a forum is enough to make anyone break down with laughter until they set themselves. Have fun with the "New Generation", Havokk. I'm sure you won't mind cleaning out the "Omg, I can slide while Usmashing" threads and sifting through the endless [New technique; cancel arrow lag when landing] "discoveries".

Link mains won't keep coming because a lot of them left for a good reason. SWF hates Link mains, and they will lock threads and infract indiscriminatly and without remorse, as long as Link is your main.

Maybe Havokk can revive this forum for you "New Generation" players. That is, until the Buzz Saw comes along and hacks your wonderfully constructed Link society to ribbons.
Metagames are constantly changing, and things are still being found in Melee 7 years after the fact. Brawl is just over a year, the game is still changing, and even recently Pikachu has a new chaingrab added to their increasing metagame. The reason the metagame didn't really go anywhere, is because no one really did anything past a certain point. The odd voice out in many cases (myself in some) was singled out and silenced for being "unreasonable and stupid" or posting "useless" things, that only months later may be discussed a small amount.

There will always be those who do not use the search bar, or don't bother to search before posting. Repetitive threads are likely to happen, and can be handled in a respectful manner that does make them happen less often. (The Snake boards is proof of this with how we linked people to the Q&A thread for questions, and Jesiah would close the thread saying to go to the Q&A thread. People caught on)

Also, if you have disputes with a mod. Please go to the Disputes Forum.

Next time, please be more helpful with the actual thread rather then criticizing both me, and the newer generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom