• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Match Up Thread: Wario

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just tilt and retreating F-Air when he's not doing an obvious aerial approach, short-hop U-Air/N-Air/Shuttle Loop/Mach Tornado when he's doing an obvious aerial approach, walk away when he jumps above with tires, and generally space well.

40-60, Meta Knight's favor, I'd say. MAYBE 45-55, but I'm leaning toward the former. Meta Knight shouldn't do many unnecessary moves, but when he accomplishes that, he's fine. If you're afraid of the Waft, just keep him out or ledgecamp if you're incredibly worried.

Staco

Smash Champion
Just tilt and retreating F-Air when he's not doing an obvious aerial approach, short-hop U-Air/N-Air/Shuttle Loop/Mach Tornado when he's doing an obvious aerial approach, walk away when he jumps above with tires, and generally space well.

40-60, Meta Knight's favor, I'd say. MAYBE 45-55, but I'm leaning toward the former. Meta Knight shouldn't do many unnecessary moves, but when he accomplishes that, he's fine. If you're afraid of the Waft, just keep him out or ledgecamp if you're incredibly worried.
Ledgecamp ist the thing I wouldnt do at all, to avoid the fart. :/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ledgecamp ist the thing I wouldnt do at all, to avoid the fart. :/
Then you need to examine your options, because Wario has to be pretty obvious to land it there. The hitbox is large and all, but it\'s easily stopped by Meta Knight\'s ledge game if you know what to look for in his approaches.

Staco

Smash Champion
Then you need to examine your options, because Wario has to be pretty obvious to land it there. The hitbox is large and all, but it\'s easily stopped by Meta Knight\'s ledge game if you know what to look for in his approaches.
The fully charged fart also kills pretty early.
Espeacally at the edge. :s

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The fully charged fart also kills pretty early.
Espeacally at the edge. :s
The fully-charged Waft comes out on frame 10. Wario needs to make a hard read to land it, given Meta Knight's options. It's not nearly as scary as the frame 5, super-dangerous one (which is still stuffed by aerials, since it has no super armor).

Exdeath

Smash Master
The fully-charged Waft comes out on frame 10. Wario needs to make a hard read to land it, given Meta Knight's options. It's not nearly as scary as the frame 5, super-dangerous one (which is still stuffed by aerials, since it has no super armor).
You do not need a hard read to land fart, just a read. >.>

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You do not need a hard read to land fart, just a read. >.>
You need a hard read to land a fully-charged Waft against a planking Meta Knight. You risk way too much otherwise. It's pretty much necessary if you expect to hit.

Not-fully-charged is another story, though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How does the charge cycle work?

It actually diminishes in power after a point?? really?
There are basically four levels of Waft--Level 1 is the tripping one, and Level 2 has pitiful knockback and doesn't help with recovering, so only Level 3 and 4 matter. Wario players tend to refer to them as "Half Waft" and "Full Waft," respectively.

Level 3 is after 52 seconds have passed--It gets progressively stronger until 1:52 (as in, a minute after level 3 starts). Level 3 Waft comes out on Frame 5, but has no super armor. The power ranges from "potent KO move at 90% (close to 52 seconds)" to "potent KO move at 50% (close to 1:52)." Deals 20-32%, depending on the charge time (I think).

Level 4 Waft comes out on Frame 10, but has super armor at Frame 5 and after. The initial hit has slightly weaker knockback than the lower part of a Level 3, but deals 42%. The hit on the way up has pretty solid knockback; could KO people slightly above the stage at 80%, but good luck landing that there. That hit deals about 20%.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You need a hard read to land a fully-charged Waft against a planking Meta Knight. You risk way too much otherwise. It's pretty much necessary if you expect to hit.

Not-fully-charged is another story, though.
Although you quoted someone mentioning the ledge, I assumed that you meant on-stage haha.

Top Bottom