• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Match Up Thread: Pikachu

Rizk18

Smash Lord
The Pikachu chaingrab starts from 11% till about 48%, then the Pikachu can nair. Usmash wont work at 48% because its too slow and nair starts on the 2nd frame so be ready to eat a little over 50% once they grab you at about 11%.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Matches that go to time are usually because you're afraid of either your opponent or their character. You honestly shouldn't be afraid for fight Pika lolll

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What I am not afraid, I just don't time em out just because I have to. I do it because I want to :)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Actually playing ESAM i can definitely see this match going to time. You don't have to run away but Pikachu can punish hard off very small mistakes, and bad DI on a utilt or usmash can be death by thunder very early. It's avoidable, but if you think people dont get hit by thunder you're straight up crazy.

In this match take your time and pick battles when you want. You could Dair camp and it would be effective, but you can keep pika out on the ground as well.

Basically you can be aggressive against his short range, but being defensive isn't a bad idea either.

Top Bottom