• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Match Up Thread: Marth

clowsui

Smash Legend
lol marth walking around and using shield a lot =/= good for this MU

marth proceeds to get grabbed or gets baited forward by ftilt and gets majorly ****ed

what now

clowsui

Smash Legend
i mean MK can just avoid marth's commitment by reacting to his approach, walking away

MK's range on the ground on a semi-reactionary basis is larger than marth's

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Who the ****ing **** cares, talk about MK vs Marth not "these chars go even with MK l0l0l00l0lololol0l0ll" you ****s

V

Smash Ace
i mean MK can just avoid marth's commitment by reacting to his approach, walking away

MK's range on the ground on a semi-reactionary basis is larger than marth's
Mikehaze has figured it out. Marth is supposed to punish in this match

etecoon

Smash Hero
Mikehaze has figured it out. Marth is supposed to punish in this match
MK can do the same thing, it mostly comes down to patience but MK has a much easier time being cautious because everything he does has less commitment, marth has fewer effective baits on MK than vice versa

the things about marth that are going throw most of you off and initially make you think ******** things like THIRD HARDEST MU???

1. marth outranges MK in the air, has fast aerials, and has better air mobility(non-tornado), you can't just go dair camping like an idiot like 80% of the cast

2. grab shenanigans. you must space outside of his grab range as much as possible, especially at 0% and kill %. marth doesn't have effective kill setups without this

3. edge game. marth's bair will beat your glide and KO you at relatively low percents, don't glide back. marth can also ledge trap MK better than most characters, if you have no patience on the ledge there's a good chance you will be *****

4. pivot grab beats all of your run in options, and he has the range and mobility to hit you out of your dash opening before you can shield a lot of times too. walk, don't run. running should be used for follow ups and very hard reads only

5. not everything is easily punishable on the block. marth's fair is -4, if you're the type that loves to spam SL OOS you are going to be baited and ***** relentlessly

Staco

Smash Champion
And this are the reason why we think, this is one of MKs hardest MU.
Not many other characters have got so much good points against MK.

etecoon

Smash Hero
most of those are gimmicks that are easily worked around once you are aware of them

I mean, marth can fight MK I don't think it's a really horrid MU or anything, I don't even agree with marth's that think MK is marth's worst MU(DDD IMO). but I can't see how marth is on a similar threat level to MK as diddy, falco, IC's, and snake. I could even see some mid tiers being harder(fun thing is how many characters have "poor priority" as a primary weakness, when MK's priority interacts with other characters in the same way regardless)

Inova~

Smash Rookie
most of those are gimmicks that are easily worked around once you are aware of them

I mean, marth can fight MK I don't think it's a really horrid MU or anything, I don't even agree with marth's that think MK is marth's worst MU(DDD IMO). but I can't see how marth is on a similar threat level to MK as diddy, falco, IC's, and snake. I could even see some mid tiers being harder(fun thing is how many characters have "poor priority" as a primary weakness, when MK's priority interacts with other characters in the same way regardless)
As deep of a game brawl(actually) is nobody can say something without someone else being able countering it in a legit way(hey just like arguments!), so im sticking with this, IMO as brawl is now a pretty fresh game. I believe brawl will evolve to way more mindgaming than ''big sword cuts down smaller sword gaming'', ofcourse the advantages/disadvantages of a character will remain but the mind wont, the brawlmind will evolve in getting around the other character so MARTH VS MK will be better for marth in the future(it was worse for marth in 08-09) but sure Mk can get around Marth's playstyle too pretty easily depending on many reasons from marths actions. I just think Marth's got more potential than Mk in evolving from now on.

Staco

Smash Champion
As deep of a game brawl(actually) is nobody can say something without someone else being able countering it in a legit way(hey just like arguments!), so im sticking with this, IMO as brawl is now a pretty fresh game. I believe brawl will evolve to way more mindgaming than ''big sword cuts down smaller sword gaming'', ofcourse the advantages/disadvantages of a character will remain but the mind wont, the brawlmind will evolve in getting around the other character so MARTH VS MK will be better for marth in the future(it was worse for marth in 08-09) but sure Mk can get around Marth's playstyle too pretty easily depending on many reasons from marths actions. I just think Marth's got more potential than Mk in evolving from now on.
No, I think some MK players got this and some Marth players got this.
It are just some players, which make up this minds, not the characters.
E.G. I know that Mr-R (top Marth player) 2ndarys Snake and also can find specific ways with Snake, just how he does with his main (Marth).

Inova~

Smash Rookie
No, I think some MK players got this and some Marth players got this.
It are just some players, which make up this minds, not the characters.
E.G. I know that Mr-R (top Marth player) 2ndarys Snake and also can find specific ways with Snake, just how he does with his main (Marth).
just sayin..

Top Bottom