• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Unmasked: A Dimensional Guide to Meta Knight

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Except it’s not how many hitboxes the attack has that causes it to unstale your moves. Up smash and nado don’t restore your stale moves queue on your other attacks to full (or –3 for up smash). I’m almost positive that up smash doesn’t unstale your moves any more than dsmash or fsmash, and I know for a fact that a single tornado does not unstale your moves any more than, for instance, shuttle loop or dsmash do.

AirPortugal

Smash Rookie
This guide's amazing! I got a Wii on the 29th of June and instantly bought SSBB since i've loved the series since I first played it on N64 :p

I really liked MK but the shuttle loop really screwed me up since i'd do it and end up being off the stage and die lol

From this guide now MK is my main since i'm infinitely better with him now, thanks!

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post...my internet's been slow lately so I pressed reply a second time and..ya :S

AirPortugal

Smash Rookie
This guide's amazing! I got a Wii on the 29th of June and instantly bought SSBB since i've loved the series since I first played it on N64 :p

I really liked MK but the shuttle loop really screwed me up since i'd do it and end up being off the stage and die lol

From this guide now MK is my main since i'm infinitely better with him now, thanks!

Latias

Smash Journeyman
a very in depth guide. good job.

and this is meta knight unmasked;

Player-4

See you in 25 years

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post...my internet's been slow lately so I pressed reply a second time and..ya :S
Good I'm glad :). Just keep checking in for updates.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
yeah tornado does not refresh all of your moves just because it can hit 9 or more times.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Diddy isn't that hard as people say. M2K, the biggest MK representative just doesn't know the MU too well. Falco is the MK counter, as far as MK counters get...

NNID
Budget_Player
Diddy isn't that hard as people say. M2K, the biggest MK representative just doesn't know the MU too well. Falco is the MK counter, as far as MK counters get...
I hate LGLs. With even ridiculously easy-to-beat planking (think grab ledge->drop->jump, fall a little 5x sticking near the ledge->regrab), the matchup becomes beyond horrible for falco. Srsly.

Also, nobody counters MK. Diddy is getting worse and worse, Snake is decent but not that good, ICs get daired all day, and Falco is probably your second-best bet after snake, but still not that great.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why is Diddy getting worse? Because Wyatt hasn't doing so hot? Lemme meat ride for a sec, Gnes has been stepping up his game big time against MKs with his Diddy. It's not getting easier, at least not for me and my region.

NNID
Budget_Player
Why is Diddy getting worse? Because Wyatt hasn't doing so hot? Lemme meat ride for a sec, Gnes has been stepping up his game big time against MKs with his Diddy. It's not getting easier, at least not for me and my region.
More MKs are learning the matchup, and it's getting figured out.

Is that so?
Pretty sure. Just be careful as ****. And counterpick them as gay as you can. Try to push for larger starter lists in your region, too.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
He's Rob Gambino, the person who thinks this guide sucks just as much as the old one.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Nice guide p4! I ve been a meta main for over a year now and I learned 2 things I didn't know. 1) jumping from the ledge has no vulnerability 2) dair out of sheild is safer than Nair oos. Just those 2 things are going to help my game for raleigh. Thanks!!

FD96

Smash Cadet
Nice guide p4! I ve been a meta main for over a year now and I learned 2 things I didn't know. 1) jumping from the ledge has no vulnerability 2) dair out of sheild is safer than Nair oos. Just those 2 things are going to help my game for raleigh. Thanks!!
Your avatar made me think you were M2k for a second

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow such a great guide.
Excellent job P-4.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
so when is this going to be 100% complete?
When Orion gives me his write ups on Offense and Defense. I may just finish things up myself if it doesn't happen soon. He's pretty busy so that's the main reason.

But I mean if people want to help out and give me write ups on what I'm missing then I'll add it and we can finish this bad boy up.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Summary: It’s not one of MK’s better moves or more used moves, but unlike Usmash and Jab, Bair has uses. You can cancel the up to the second hit into the ground and buffer turnaround Ftilt, or stay where you are and Dsmash. This is a nifty way to set up into Dmash kills. Otherwise this move is outclassed by its faster counter part, Fair.
just thought id point out the typo, i read this for my 3rd time now and cant believe i missed it the first two times >.>

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for this guide. It has helped become much better with Meta Knight. I have learned many helpful things from this guide. I can't wait till the guide is completely done!

Top Bottom