• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight to be Overplayed?

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
@ Taso-Oh, sorry~

++
There still going to be people going to use Meta-knight anyways~
Some players simply likes characters as Marth, Ike, Shiek and etc.

Essix

Smash Cadet
As time goes on, I think we will find that other characters are just as good if not better than MK.

This is what it looks like for somone who picks up MK for the first time, as you can see by the graph it takes little time to nearly perfect his moveset.

For other characters, especially the ones that have more depth to them, the learning curve is different.

As you can see, as time goes on, people who easily master meta knight are going to be overshadowed by the ones who put more time into other characters. What will be left are the ones who TRULY wish to main MK because they like the character, rather than his tier level.

My mindset is, if everyone is gonna main MK, then I am gonna be the best darn one out there. Thats just my 2 cents.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to both agree and disagree with you.

The curve for MK should have, towards where your end is, another sharp, though semi-small, increase.

MK is easily made into a good character, and perhaps even a great character. But he is not a fearsome character until you truly master him, and at that point, he is as good, if not better, than the rest of the characters(or at least that's my prediction).

I can already see a world of difference between someone who picked up MK and mastered a few small moves and someone who's been practicing with him nonstop.

With a little time and effort, he's a serviceable character, but not one to be admired.

He, like every other character, will have true potential when mastered that is just as great as any other character.

SPIKY502

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight is my main =D. And i own with him. Im trying to get pro with him. I like his speed and his moves. I duno maybe meta will be overplayed but we will have to wait in find out. Because i dont see to many meta knights online.:ohwell:

SinceSSB64

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen (through online fights), MK was rediculously overplayed at first. It wasn't uncommon to see fights where you'd be facing 3 of them. Now it seems like he's died down and there a lot more Toon Links and Pits around. MK is easy to play but difficult to master, so a lot of the "noobs" who were looking for a character to destroy everything with seem to have dropped him. Although does have several KO moves, it can be tough to land them - that's probably why.

This makes me happy, as I've loved MK as a character in the game series\anime and wanted to use him for those reasons, not because everyone thought he was godly.

Terra-SB

Smash Rookie
i will b maining MK and if lots of ppl do main him then that just means i have ppl to beat and get better then, im want to try and b the best MK it will b hard but also very fun. ^^

Top Bottom