• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
How do you consistently tornado without them popping out? I heard there was a rythem or something.

Also, I figured out that level 6 CPUs air dodge to what I needed, That level 1 idea is pretty smart though

net1234

Smash Ace
hey guiz i invented a tactic. so agains ics if u beat nana and ur up in percent just camp out the sopo cuz the only way that garbo character cud beat or catch mk is if u approached. at that point u either time him out or wait for him to rage and kill himself to get nana back lol

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
@ net1234 net1234 Yeah I've done that, very few people actually abuse this though, nobody wants to play that "lame" Personally I will do that if It is an ice climber that I seriously respect, but I prefer getting in ICs faces because I'm good at conditioning them to always shield, then I just grab and kill nana lol

The Maven

Smash Rookie
hey guiz i invented a tactic. so agains ics if u beat nana and ur up in percent just camp out the sopo cuz the only way that garbo character cud beat or catch mk is if u approached. at that point u either time him out or wait for him to rage and kill himself to get nana back lol
This strategy has actually occurred in top level play. At Apex 2013, Otori played just like this against Vinnie (youtube.com / watch?v=1mThSQlCHHE), and ANTi played a full set like this to 2-0 9B (youtube.com / watch?v=dwv06J4Sqog).

I think ZeRo shows that with enough technical ability, a high pressure game is much more efficient and therefore preferable vs ICs players -- see his KTAR 8 play against NAKAT (youtube.com / watch?v=8LXwRtfmRRg) and Vinnie (youtube.com/watch?v=XxuSH-wPa44), for example.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
This strategy has actually occurred in top level play. At Apex 2013, Otori played just like this against Vinnie (youtube.com / watch?v=1mThSQlCHHE), and ANTi played a full set like this to 2-0 9B (youtube.com / watch?v=dwv06J4Sqog).

I think ZeRo shows that with enough technical ability, a high pressure game is much more efficient and therefore preferable vs ICs players -- see his KTAR 8 play against NAKAT (youtube.com / watch?v=8LXwRtfmRRg) and Vinnie (youtube.com/watch?v=XxuSH-wPa44), for example.
Hey... you're allowed to post links, yknow. ಠ_ಠ
*Ease of access*
At Apex 2013, Otori played just like this against Vinnie http://youtube.com/watch?v=1mThSQlCHHE
ANTi played a full set like this to 2-0 9B http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwv06J4Sqog
KTAR 8 play against NAKAT http://youtube.com/watch?v=8LXwRtfmRRg
Vinnie http://youtube.com/watch?v=XxuSH-wPa44

Also, is there any way that you guys mix up your vertical recovery?
Or is it just like, jump uair jump uair jump uair cape/shuttle loop?

Last edited:

Jetstream

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0447-6735-8295
I need some help fighting Toon Link.

A Toon Link I fight a lot uses his Down Air ALL the time, and I can't figure out a good way to punish it. I can usually roll away or shield it, but I can never punish him quickly enough.

Is there a good way to punish Toon Link's Down Air? Or is it best to just get out of the way?

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I need some help fighting Toon Link.

A Toon Link I fight a lot uses his Down Air ALL the time, and I can't figure out a good way to punish it. I can usually roll away or shield it, but I can never punish him quickly enough.

Is there a good way to punish Toon Link's Down Air? Or is it best to just get out of the way?
Utilt should eat right through it.
UpB from the ground has nice invincibility frames to beat that thing.
You could also simply run out of the way and run back and grab or anything when he tries to pull the sword back from the ground.
It's like the least safe thing he can throw out. MK beats TL really hard.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If you can read/react on time to roll away, buffer a Dash-something, Dash Attack and Dashgrab are both good options there.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Getting back into Brawl (trying to revive it).

I want to start by asking about Dthrow's follow ups, I can't remember why DThrow was so good.

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
Haven't played brawl in a while either, but IIRC fair is the main follow up. That can lead into things like down tilt or potentially another fair. And I'd be super down with having the brawl scene revived in Louisiana. I hope it works out.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Brawl isn't dead. People who like the game just need to stand up. Being a TO isn't too hard.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At lower percentages, Dash Attack is a good followup. Low-mid, Fair. Mid-ish, Uair (not guaranteed).

It's better to stay in the ground and wait for your opponent to act and punish accordingly.

Mariogamer64

Smash Rookie
So the name pretty much says it all. To make this short, I've noticed that alot of the threads in these boards consist of little simple questions that can be answered with a quick and simple answer.

Now to stop the flow of all that nonsense, if you have a quick question about the Knight feel free to ask here instead of posting a thread about it. I, along with a number of other people around here, can help you out. It helps clear the boards out for more advanced MK discussions to help all of us get better. :)

So if you have quick questions over
Moves
Finishers
Approaches
Follow ups
Defenses
Edgeguarding
Combos
Matchups
Or other random ****

Ask away... :)
combos