• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight gets all the ladies to ride his Halberd.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
For those who main MK:

Do you ever feel that Meta Knight is used by so many people that you just want to make him your secondary and focus/learn someone else?

Strange logic - just curious.

Do share ;)

(don't punch me!)

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
(reading title)
Please....kill me now -.-

To answer your question, nope, he's still my main.

Still messing around with Falco, Fox, Lucario, Wario, Marth & Dedede, but that's something else entirely.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I main the ICs so its not a big deal to me.

MK_own

Smash Cadet
Before Brawl came out all my friends use to say that Meatknight was the worst, i was the only one who liked him.

Now all my friends use him too!

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
yup, top secret vids coming middle of june, not mk
SPOILERS: He's switching to Kirby

Exact same thing is happening to me. I'm getting bored of being told that Meta Knight is a broken noob character, so I'm switching over to another character (probably Kirby) to get rid of that.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
Nope, besides, I planned on maining MK before I found out he was good =P

I play around with other characters at times but MK is my best and I don't really see a reason to switch.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
MK is definately my best and my 2v2 team hardly ever loses. My 1v1 game is above average cuz I keep reacting like a 2v2 game thus messin' up. I do prefer 2v2 cuz it's crazy fun and not so linear, requires synergy, and is much more in-depth.

I think I'll learn Pit as my official secondary. Any others main MK second Pit?

ckm

Smash Journeyman
im not switching to a character that Im worse with just because im worried about what other people think... I play to win, and I win the most with MK. That doesnt mean I dont play around with secondary characters though. If I ever get better with another character and start winning more with them, Ill switch over. Until then, its MK all the way.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman

Exact same thing is happening to me. I'm getting bored of being told that Meta Knight is a broken noob character, so I'm switching over to another character (probably Kirby) to get rid of that.
Curse you !!! haha

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm sticking with MK whether people complain about him or not. I've been planning on maining him the very moment he was announced for Brawl.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
there are characters that are more fun to play than MK haha, i can;t help but giggle the entire time i am playing wario

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
nope, expecialy since i dont hear anywhining for anybody about it.
and if they do than than they can go *************.

there are characters that are more fun to play than MK haha, i can;t help but giggle the entire time i am playing wario
yea but no one ***** like metaknight ;)
i just play one of my spairs when i get bored, i play meta to win and someone esle to have fun :D

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
People told me that Meta Knight was going to suck. I was going to main him regardless of how good he was. However, once I started owning people with him, then other people started picking him. I'm the type of person who hates it when people start picking the same character I main just because I'm good with them. I see them as being copycats, and it really pisses me off. This is starting to happen with Diddy as well, since people are starting to see how dangerous his banana games are. NOBODY ever picked Diddy but me. EVERYBODY said MK was going to suck. Now everybody's starting to get on the jock of both of my mains and it's really pissing me off.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I never will main MK, always second or just drop him. I love the ICs more than any other due to the rariety of IC players, better yet people who are good with them.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I planned on maining Meta Knight since Smash 64, when I didn't even know if he'd ever be in a Smash Bros. game. But I told myself if he ever was, I'd main him. So no, I don't feel obligated to switch to another main because lots of other people play MK. Half of them probably didn't even know who he was until Brawl...

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I have MK as a backup secondary, because he is sooo good and fits my play style. So I am technically one of those guys only maining him cause he is top tier.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I'm unintentionally maining Sheik and Jiggs again and making MK my secondary. Sheik took awhile to get familiar with again, but now it's a lot of fun to play with her when it's not Falco/MK/Snake. I'll switch back to MK for those

I still haven't played with Wolf yet because of all the bad stuff I heard about people who mained him off the bat in March.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
I always play with not-scrubs, so nobody really complains about me using MK, they just adapt, or they get owned. I mean they openly hate me for using him, but they respect that it's only fair :) Also, I use a lot of other characters.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace

I hope he puts up some sheik videos just to mess with you ;)

ckm

Smash Journeyman
most people that play MK suck, so no...

but it does make me wish I had a friend that played MK well... so I could get more ditto practice. I think its funny how people assume that a better MK player will always win in a ditto match. I went to a tourney where I dittoed a MK and lost, but still owned other people that beat him. I just suck at dittos I guess.

Kaizo

Smash Apprentice
most people that play MK suck, so no...

but it does make me wish I had a friend that played MK well... so I could get more ditto practice. I think its funny how people assume that a better MK player will always win in a ditto match. I went to a tourney where I dittoed a MK and lost, but still owned other people that beat him. I just suck at dittos I guess.
I usually do bad at dittos, but I do believe that the better MK will *usually* win at an MK ditto, considering the only MK that ever beats me is Jinx, who's clearly better than me.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
MK is still my main, but I've been playing kirby and dedede a lot lately... I think he will stay as my main, but I may end up with a few solid backups.

M@v

Subarashii!
MK is my secondary. I use fox as my main. Whenever your mK you always get the old "You only won because MK is broken as hell" Speech. So I just whip them with fox and we dont have problems xD.

chili

Smash Cadet
Hmm...just like the OP said, because so many other people are using Meta Knight, I've been wanting to try out other characters. I'm trying to pick up DeDeDe as a secondary. Meta Knight is my favorite character though. I love everything about him. Shuttle Loop, Spamnado, glide attacks, running d-throw, even his costumes. I suck at ditto matches though, so picking up another character is a must. And playing a charcater exclusively is kinda lame and boring, it's always fun to mix it up a little.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Frankly I made him my secondary because I don't know anybody that mains him. I was really looking forward to Epic Pit vs metaknight too, but nobody wants to play as him. Granted he's fun to play, but I can never fight a good metaknight.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I like Metaknight, I really do, but I have a thing where I really only put a ton of time and effort into characters nobody else really plays, like GDorf and PT. He will always be my secondary though

Top Bottom