• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meowth for SSBB

SensFan

Smash Cadet
FireStar said:
Guys, it's what you call "sarcasm"!
Unfortunately, sarcasm is usually made evident via tone of voice. Sarcasm attempted on an Internet forum usually just comes across as idiocy, as you've demonstrated here.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Geeze. Don't get your panties in a bungie jump. The true idiots are the ones going around the forum assumeing things. Go take a chill pill phill.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
FireStar said:
Geeze. Don't get your panties in a bungie jump. The true idiots are the ones going around the forum assumeing things. Go take a chill pill phill.
What have I assumed?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
and your insulting posts is what you call "useless"
OK OK, let's stop this madness.

Although I laughed at your post... BUT ANYHOW -

Meowth's moves can be super annoying. Like when Mario shoryuken's you, coins come out, but with Meowth, every move pops money out of the victim. I would not only choose Meowth because of this, but to annoy the hell out of my friends/me so we would go home and sleep after 16 hours of playing Brawl.

I just thought of something I could do with my buddies... Play in Coin mode and for whoever has the most coins, pay that person the amount of coins he has in dollars. That would greatly increase the competitive nature among us! But gambling is bad kids! Don't do it and stay in school!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
nomis said:
OK OK, let's stop this madness.

Although I laughed at your post... BUT ANYHOW -

Meowth's moves can be super annoying. Like when Mario shoryuken's you, coins come out, but with Meowth, every move pops money out of the victim. I would not only choose Meowth because of this, but to annoy the hell out of my friends/me so we would go home and sleep after 16 hours of playing Brawl.

I just thought of something I could do with my buddies... Play in Coin mode and for whoever has the most coins, pay that person the amount of coins he has in dollars. That would greatly increase the competitive nature among us! But gambling is bad kids! Don't do it and stay in school!
Meowth has more than just Pay Day

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
SensFan said:
What have I assumed?
You have assumed that I am an idiot... Just just so... You guys are trying to take my energy so that I won't be able to kick all of your buts in brawl next year... :chuckle:

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Well as much as i hate the idea of new pokemon in SSBB it's most definetly going to be Meowth I reckon and probably Blaziken (cos for some reason he's really really popular...I've been reading billions of comments about how dudes want him to be in the game...Im exaggerating but I think u'll get what I mean). Oh well...

SensFan

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
Meowth and Blaizken see to be the most popular choices for the pokemon in SSBB so far
Who is Blaziken? Is there a Blaziken like there is the Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Meowth?

That didn't make any sense.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'd prefer Meowth over Blaziken, or any other Pokemon for that matter. He's got the most personality.
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt any more 1st gen Pokemon are going to be playable...

Mr. Iron Lady

Smash Rookie
deathblazer But if Meowth is in SSBB what would be his recovery move?
There are a several pokemon's moves...
like pikachu meowth can learn Quick Attack move in the Pkmn game
if you don't like, can be "Agility"

Meowth is a good idea for SSBB, Mew too, she can fight in her psi bubble, same as she appear in pokemon snap
en Brawl, she can float to fight, and jump like mewtwo
and when she out jump, jump and float few seconds like peach too

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
I think blazikin is perfect for smash bros. I dont think meowth is a good choice

L!ME

Smash Rookie
I think Meowth has god chance...i think Raichu has a better chance...i mean, no one really saw Pichu getting in Melee....so I think Raichu has a better chance then Meowth. Ecspecialy since he would complete the Pika family tree in game. Though, i could see both being in the new one.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
L!ME said:
I think Meowth has god chance...i think Raichu has a better chance...i mean, no one really saw Pichu getting in Melee....so I think Raichu has a better chance then Meowth. Ecspecialy since he would complete the Pika family tree in game. Though, i could see both being in the new one.
no more electric pokemon!

JmcShocker14

L!ME said:
why do you think meowth has a good chance?

JmcShocker14

_the_sandman_ said:
It's a game of fame. Smash Bros selects the most popular and famous characters for their time. Blaziken may be good in his game, but he doesn't have the personality, popularity, or the fame Meowth has.
if its about fame then why was game & watch in ssbm? Who the heck even knows who he is?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
if its about fame then why was game & watch in ssbm? Who the heck even knows who he is?
I knew him as fireman guy

Meowth, Blaizken and Raichu are the most likely candidates but in order of most likely the go like this

1) Raichu
2) Meowth
3) Blaizken
4) Plusle and Minun?

JmcShocker14

xianfeng said:
I knew him as fireman guy

Meowth, Blaizken and Raichu are the most likely candidates but in order of most likely the go like this

1) Raichu
2) Meowth
3) Blaizken
4) Plusle and Minun?

I really hope they put blaziken in. He's perfect for the game

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
you can't just dish out personality you have to build one like meowth has done over the past 9-10 years
Then if Meoth has built "SO" much personality, shouldn't Meoth be in part one and two?

JmcShocker14

That makes sense Firestar. Who cares about personality. Why even ask something like that? He's a poke'mon people. They cant give unique personalities to all 4,000 poke'mon ( and counting)

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff and Pikachu were popular before the show, hence why the show used Pikachu as the main character's Pokemon. Pichu was never a prominant character, and Mewtwo was in like 2 movies tops. It's more likely that Mewtwo was chosen for his sheer fame as the most powerful Pokemon, not the movies >.>

WHEN they add new Pokemon, I hope they base them on the games, not the crummy show.

PS: Who are you anti-Pokemon people trying to convert, anyway? If your answer is anyone but the developers of the game, then there's really no point. How about you let people who like Pokemon speculate and go do your own thing. Seriously, if we cared about your opinions we'd have told you. Pokemon is bigger in Japan than here, which is the only place that it matters. If the Japanese cared about our opinions on who should be in the game, they'd have opened an English poll.

FoolyCooly

Smash Cadet
Some of you need to realize something: Pokemon is, and will be for a while, one of Ninty's most famous franchises. Just looking at how they continue to churn the games out and people keep buying them is clue enough that it's still popular. Just because you may have decided to stop liking it, if you ever liked it all, doesn't mean that it still isn't viewed as a massive Nintendo game. Just by looking at all three of the Smash Bros. trailers you can clearly see that Nintendo believes that Pokemon is one of their most popular series, next to Zelda, Mario, and Kirby.

As such, don't be surprised if one, two, or even three new Pokemon come into SSBB as playable characters. They have two new Pokemon generations to represent: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and the upcoming Pearl/Diamond. Not only that, but they clearly see that a lot of Meowth fans were disappointed when he was not only absent as a playable character in SSBM, but also removed from Pokeballs. If ANY Pokemon make it in, Meowth has the best chance.

As for Pokemon in general, you also seem to fail to realize that there are several very popular Pokemon that people honestly believe are easy to make moves for, and that would make golden editions to this game.
1) Blaziken - Currently at the top of many Pokemon fans' lists, this Pokemon was made for a fighting game, plain and simple. He's be much more of a fighter than Pikachu and Jigglypuff could ever be, and he's in Mewtwo's league as far as size goes.
2) Lucario - A next-gen Pokemon that was made popular by the most recent Pokemon movie, and the resident 'Mewtwo' of the Pearl/Diamond games. He's earned enough fans to easily warrant his inclusion.

These are the top two Pokemon being asked for, next to Meowth. Don't be surprised if any of them, maybe even all of them, make it in. Not only would they have completely original movesets, but they'd have tons of players that would play as them. If that means we have to ignore 'obscure 8-bit icon #43', so-freaking-be it. I'd rather have Blaziken show up than Mach Rider as a god**** clone, thank you. Give me a break.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
YES. Haha, I loved Meowth on the old TV show. Back in the day of Pokémon (like 4th-6th grade for me), Meowth was always one of my favorites. If, or rather when, they add new Pokémon, one of them had better be Meowth (thaaaat's riiiiiiiiiight!). =)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
ilabb said:
Jigglypuff and Pikachu were popular before the show, hence why the show used Pikachu as the main character's Pokemon. Pichu was never a prominant character, and Mewtwo was in like 2 movies tops. It's more likely that Mewtwo was chosen for his sheer fame as the most powerful Pokemon, not the movies >.>

WHEN they add new Pokemon, I hope they base them on the games, not the crummy show.

PS: Who are you anti-Pokemon people trying to convert, anyway? If your answer is anyone but the developers of the game, then there's really no point. How about you let people who like Pokemon speculate and go do your own thing. Seriously, if we cared about your opinions we'd have told you. Pokemon is bigger in Japan than here, which is the only place that it matters. If the Japanese cared about our opinions on who should be in the game, they'd have opened an English poll.
the show was around before the game was it not I think so, and meowth too was popular in the games and also had a promanant role in the anime (which I havn't seen since I was 5) being the main pokemon villain if I remember correctly he was also the only speaking pokemon and there were several episodes were he bonded with pikachu and there were several episodes revolving around him so everyone knows who he is and everyone likes him.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
the show was around before the game was it not I think so, and meowth too was popular in the games and also had a promanant role in the anime (which I havn't seen since I was 5) being the main pokemon villain if I remember correctly he was also the only speaking pokemon and there were several episodes were he bonded with pikachu and there were several episodes revolving around him so everyone knows who he is and everyone likes him.
No. The games were the very first items of the franchise. Look it up. The only game remotely based on the show is Yellow, which came AFTER Red/Green/Blue.

And honestly, I'd rather have Deoxys than Meowth. He's just cooler XD

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
FoolyCooly said:
Some of you need to realize something: Pokemon is, and will be for a while, one of Ninty's most famous franchises. Just looking at how they continue to churn the games out and people keep buying them is clue enough that it's still popular. Just because you may have decided to stop liking it, if you ever liked it all, doesn't mean that it still isn't viewed as a massive Nintendo game. Just by looking at all three of the Smash Bros. trailers you can clearly see that Nintendo believes that Pokemon is one of their most popular series, next to Zelda, Mario, and Kirby.

As such, don't be surprised if one, two, or even three new Pokemon come into SSBB as playable characters. They have two new Pokemon generations to represent: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and the upcoming Pearl/Diamond. Not only that, but they clearly see that a lot of Meowth fans were disappointed when he was not only absent as a playable character in SSBM, but also removed from Pokeballs. If ANY Pokemon make it in, Meowth has the best chance.

As for Pokemon in general, you also seem to fail to realize that there are several very popular Pokemon that people honestly believe are easy to make moves for, and that would make golden editions to this game.
1) Blaziken - Currently at the top of many Pokemon fans' lists, this Pokemon was made for a fighting game, plain and simple. He's be much more of a fighter than Pikachu and Jigglypuff could ever be, and he's in Mewtwo's league as far as size goes.
2) Lucario - A next-gen Pokemon that was made popular by the most recent Pokemon movie, and the resident 'Mewtwo' of the Pearl/Diamond games. He's earned enough fans to easily warrant his inclusion.

These are the top two Pokemon being asked for, next to Meowth. Don't be surprised if any of them, maybe even all of them, make it in. Not only would they have completely original movesets, but they'd have tons of players that would play as them. If that means we have to ignore 'obscure 8-bit icon #43', so-freaking-be it. I'd rather have Blaziken show up than Mach Rider as a god**** clone, thank you. Give me a break.

thank you.somebody with sense. anyway pokemon is probably not so popular in north america as it was before. but over in japan it's still going strong and growing. i even stopped watching the show but own the newer games. but to say that only one or no new pokemon are gonna be in it is very stupid. with every new ssb game they added two more pokemon and i expect them to do the same. if they did three then i could here all the pokemon haters scream simultaneously all over america.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
ilabb said:
No. The games were the very first items of the franchise. Look it up. The only game remotely based on the show is Yellow, which came AFTER Red/Green/Blue.

And honestly, I'd rather have Deoxys than Meowth. He's just cooler XD
really? well using your logic meowth most have also been uberly popular so he was also given a promant role in the anime show.

Who's Deoxys I havn't played pokemon or seen the show since it was good (i stopped playing after yellow)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
deoxys is some wannabe mewtwo thing that some people like who has no chance of getting in brawl. unless it's in a pokeball. which is where all legendary pokemon belong.

Top Bottom