• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melty Blood CC / Under Night In-Birth - MBAACC Caster finally!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Wake up chain shift doesn't give you a free escape either. All it does is cut your stand up time so you can act earlier. If they meaty you, you'd still have to block it (or DP). And with all the instant overhead and pseudo melty style pressure, blocking is pretty scary anyway.
I'll admit, idk much about "Melty pressure" since I've never played those games. But the part where you said you can DP the meaties after Chain Shift still bothers me. If someone tries to meaty me and I activate Chain Shift, why should I block the meaty if I can just reversal out of there? If it had actual recovery where you can meaty it properly without getting DP'd in the face I wouldn't mind the pausing.

NERF VEIL OFF
With your reasons on Veil Off being very abusable and seeing this combo I can definitly see why. However, it was thanks to Chain Shift he got that 2nd Veil Off (I'd doubt attacks alone would build it all the way back up to 200 meter and if it did then you know the combo system is really ****ed up).

Basically, Chain Shift + Veil Off = One ****ed up game.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
The DP applies to every fighting game anyway. If you meaty in P4A, you can DP through that. If you meaty in Blaz, you can DP through that. If you meaty in Melty, you can DP through that. Chain shift avoids the which way. That's about it. If you see me doing a meaty, DP out. If you see me waiting, you could mash (and probably trade). You might think I'll reactively mash on your chain shift, you could DP to beat it or I bait that DP.

It's a strong defensive option, but honestly, this game's offensive game is already ridiculous. Having some options to escape is for the better. This game doesn't even have a burst!

Plus, the person knocked down would only have chain shift if he JUST got vorpal before or early in the combo. Otherwise, the opponent should gain enough grd and you would lose enough to lose your vorpal anyway.

I guess the combination of them are pretty stupid since there's like no reason to NOT do veil off combos. Add another 3k damage onto my combo for only 70 meter? HELL YEAH.

With how the gatlings work and how strong abare is in the game, CS isn't even used for RC anymore. It's sorta sad in that field. But hey, if veil off never comboed, the only thing people would use CS for is add meter and wake up.

IN OTHER NEWS.

YUZU COMBO VID.

Lowest damage output character in the game! Yet still top tier due to ridiculous teleports! Welcome mini vergil to the cast~

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Chain shift avoids the which way. That's about it.
Can't you also do wake up reversal > CS and completely reverse momentum?

It's a strong defensive option, but honestly, this game's offensive game is already ridiculous. Having some options to escape is for the better. This game doesn't even have a burst!
The more I think about this, The more I find CS to be more than a strong defensive option. It's high beneficial for offensive play too. Infact, it seems to be the best choice no matter what the situation is.

Plus, the person knocked down would only have chain shift if he JUST got vorpal before or early in the combo. Otherwise, the opponent should gain enough grd and you would lose enough to lose your vorpal anyway.
Got a point there. Even if managed to get out of the opponents momentum, you have to be aware of their CS or else it's back to where you were.

I guess the combination of them are pretty stupid since there's like no reason to NOT do veil off combos. Add another 3k damage onto my combo for only 70 meter? HELL YEAH.
Is there a reason to not use CS as well? It's mostly thanks to that you can even get close to doing that 2nd Veil Off.

With how the gatlings work and how strong abare is in the game, CS isn't even used for RC anymore. It's sorta sad in that field. But hey, if veil off never comboed, the only thing people would use CS for is add meter and wake up.
I'm sure I saw some Waldstein players use it to RC their DP (can't remember which vids though), after Merkava's cmd grab, or after an IV so they start to build up to the 2nd Veil Off combo.

COMBO VID.
I find most UNiB combos as CMV material. :p

EDIT: Isn't the OST out yet?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
merkava, seth, hyde, linne, ERUTONAMU

my picks

hilda and waldenstein are cute too

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I seriously cannot hear anything cuz of the commentary but it doesn't sound like melty blood.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Alright I'm not even gonna complain about the veil off thing anymore. The combo length in this game is getting to HnK levels. I just watched a linne do a 40s long combo for only 5.7k damage (with arc drive ender even, the hits were all doing only 10 damage). She doesn't even win through KOs with this kind of damage scaling and no hitstun deterioration. Gravity's hardly kicking in either.

What was FB thinking with this kind of combo system? I really hope they make a revamp soon otherwise I don't see this game surviving the new year. =/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sakurazaki and I saw that too. Hopefully a console port will be a version B or something with all the addressed problems fixed.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
please save this game homura

it's going the way of every other hd animu game:

profound sadness

obv :048:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Melty blood hits $666.66 on donations.

Does this mean we're not the king of poverty?!

Isn't it sad sacchin?~

Thino

Smash Master
Sorry to be asking that here but, where I can get the newest version of MBAACC? I had a bad experience with netplay with the last one I tried

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to start playing this again soon (i'm just trying to figure out how to get my Ps3 controller to connect to my PC right now)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm going to start playing this again soon (i'm just trying to figure out how to get my Ps3 controller to connect to my PC right now)
Just install MotioninJoy

Man why do I love this game so much? It's a painful relationship of circumstances...

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
mcaster is a thing now?

k, i'm in there. Add me on skype @ suishomitsune, or something. I need to break in my fightpad.

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really sure how to use the caster thing, but if anyone feels like showing me how (and doesnt mind working around a busy school schedule) then feel free to ask on skype @ fayteisaac
Just note that i do still rather suck at the game :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah... it's probably going to have way worse netcode, but it's finally happening!

Pretty excited regardless.

Top Bottom