• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Vs Brawl

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Watch This Video
It'll explain everything

Melee Vs Brawl

Also IM not 100% sure where this Thread Should go..I mean if you watch the video
Youll see why...If you dont want it here give me a place you think will better suit it

Sorry if this bother any of you :/
(me posting it in the wrong place..not the video..if you watch the video youll understand what Melee vs Brawl is...)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hi lil T,

Since this thread is about the video, I've moved it to General Videos. The issue with this kind of thread is that it tends to spark heated discussion that isn't particularly healthy. More to the point, the topic has been done before across multiple threads.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Thanks..(Had a feeling i should of put it here >.<)
Since this topic has been brought up so much
and it usely does get into heated Discussion (Cause people cant Agure in a friendly manner anymore D:)
you can close this thread if you want...if some one really want to say there opinion they can just comment on the videos

Otherwise Keep the comments Friendly please.... if you watch the video you'll see it was also made in a way to not make people angry.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Before I clicked the link, I thought in my mind "regardless of melee being better than brawl, this video is going to try and make the difference worse than it seems by probably doing stupid stuff in brawl and crazy fast ish in melee"

*click link*

Of course. *goes back to sleep*

:phone:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Before I clicked the link, I thought in my mind "regardless of melee being better than brawl, this video is going to try and make the difference worse than it seems by probably doing stupid stuff in brawl and crazy fast ish in melee"

*click link*

Someone didn't watch 'til the end~! :p

I very much agree with it.

:093:

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
this is a funny vid.

But this is only going to start a flame war, as much as your intentions may not be in the wrong place this thread is only going to start conflict.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Someone didn't watch 'til the end~! :p

I very much agree with it.

:093:
Lolz xD, I think the SSB64 thing was just a troll, he really wanted people to say "brarwl suxcks! U chant even wavedDashished lmaohh" .... I c wut he did thar e.e

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Lolz xD, I think the SSB64 thing was just a troll, he really wanted people to say "brarwl suxcks! U chant even wavedDashished lmaohh" .... I c wut he did thar e.e

You thought Wrong, I like Brawl, and i dont think it sucks cause you cant wavedash...Besides Wavedashing is not the main thing that make melee fast...Its funny how when people talk about melee Vs brawl Wavedashing is the first thing to pop-up :/ (Notice there's a wavedashing code for Brawl but its still not as fast...)

lil T

Smash Journeyman

*click link*

Oh, and tbh i thought the Tech Skill Part for brawl wass was pretty good
Of Couse Melee was faster..But that's just because its a faster game... thees not much i could do there :/
The goal of this video was Not to make brawl look bad...If you thought it looked bad in this Video Compare to melee then you must think Melee is better looking...Simple no?

link2702

Smash Champion
at first i figured this was gonna be another casual's vid of "melee vs brawl"

"herp derp fox's blaster shoots lasers farther in melee" that was what i was expecting at first.

glad to see it wasn't.

however, you do realize this vid's just opening up a ****storm flamewar coming up right?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Pfft! How can this possibly cause a ****storm flamewar? It's supposed to be a joke, right? Right?

lil T

Smash Journeyman
at first i figured this was gonna be another casual's vid of "melee vs brawl"

"herp derp fox's blaster shoots lasers farther in melee" that was what i was expecting at first.

glad to see it wasn't.

however, you do realize this vid's just opening up a ****storm flamewar coming up right?
Meh so far so good.
Pfft! How can this possibly cause a ****storm flamewar? It's supposed to be a joke, right? Right?
"Thumbs Up"
poor brawl :( it tries to hard
I think it did well...Besides it has the fun of Brawl hacks on it sides(Texture/stage/music/PSA)
Stuff like that keeps people to it and makes it more interesting (then theres the Brawl hacks like Brawl+/-/P:M but thats a different story lol) melee also have but much easieron brawl

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Despite I'm all for Melee, I'm pretty sure you're ********.
Wait, how am I ******** and What are you trying to say with "Despite I'm all for Melee"
i don't Understand :/
We didnt start the flame war
I had a feeling There was no going to be one...Most people Is so Worried about that fact that there's going to be one that no body really started one....Pretty cool IMO

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Brawl is better, the game is newer, it has a bigger community, it looks WAAAAY better than melee and the game mechanics are also better. melee players are too spoiled with their auto combos and thats why they hate brawl!

:troll:

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
you must think Melee is better looking...Simple no?
e.e.... You win this won Big L e.e.....

I really hope people will want to replace melee with P:M. It's pretty dam close to melee, and will have way more characters + more stages and the abilty to hack with costumes etc. And can be played online.

Melee costume hacks are just... pee pee (that ain't falco!)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol, if it weren't for the fact that most of NOregon has a vendetta against Smash64 from the blatant meat-ride it got from the Smash Twins, I would say it's pretty funny.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Lol.

The Smash community is full of children, so both games suck ****.

Melee kids- constantly trash brawl instead of getting good at the game they prefer.

Brawl kids- constantly dont get good at the game they play.

64 men- don't exist, I'm certain of it.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
e.e.... You win this won Big L e.e.....

I really hope people will want to replace melee with P:M. It's pretty dam close to melee, and will have way more characters + more stages and the abilty to hack with costumes etc. And can be played online.

Melee costume hacks are just... pee pee (that ain't falco!)

That wont happen. Why? because Theres lots of people who already dont like project M..and use the line"Why not just play melee" :/ me myself i CANT wait for Project M but im sure ill still be playing melee(maybe alot less depends on how good it is)....Also Project Melee is awesome....And online? LMAO brawl Wifi Sucks...And since the game is more like melee the lag is going to f*** you over lol but im still willing to try...i cant judge Something into i try it so...
Lol.

The Smash community is full of children, so both games suck ****.

Melee kids- constantly trash brawl instead of getting good at the game they prefer.

Brawl kids- constantly dont get good at the game they play.

64 men- don't exist, I'm certain of it.
Saying a game sucks because of the people in it?
if thats the case EVERY game sucks..cause little Fights like brawl vs melee is everwhere

Black ops vs MW2...ect

and about 64 men
This is the only thing i gotta say about that :D

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Project M is amazing and may exceed Melee but I'll still play Melee. That is all.

TL?

Smash Ace
This video is a joke. Nice grammar mistakes btw.

Anyways, being a more technical games does not make a game automatically better. Technical combos are not the reason melee is 100x better than brawl. Brawl is stiff, lacks options, and is insanely imbalanced.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't this locked? Its against Smashboard policy to allow Melee vs Brawl or MK ban discussions as they apparently lead to degenerate flame wars. They are pretty quick to lock Mk ban topics so I don't really see why this is still open.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Nice grammar mistakes btw.
Really?.... I hope your a Teacher If ONLINE grammar Mean SO much to you lol But sorry that i had mistakes.
Told ya awhile back dis would start a flamewar, and now it be a coming.
Where?
Few people said some things That other May of Question but that dont make it a flame war.
Therese way nice way of arguing....Its just Rare as hell to see it online lmao

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't this locked? Its against Smashboard policy to allow Melee vs Brawl or MK ban discussions as they apparently lead to degenerate flame wars. They are pretty quick to lock Mk ban topics so I don't really see why this is still open.
Not really seeing a reason to...So far everything going good
So many people is worried that there going to be a war that nobody started everything
Going Much better then i have excepted

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Not really seeing a reason to...So far everything going good
So many people is worried that there going to be a war that nobody started everything
Going Much better then i have excepted
I don't actually want it to be banned, just a dig at the double standard the mods here have.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
This Thread is Fine :D

When People Start Dissing games in there opinion other people get mad, so just dont go around yelling
BRAWL SUCK BLAH BLAH BLAH
or
MELEE SUCK BLAH BLAHBLAH

and everything should be fine.
:D even the comments on the video is doing good.

Dekar173

Justice Man
This Thread is Fine :D

When People Start Dissing games in there opinion other people get mad, so just dont go around yelling
BRAWL SUCK BLAH BLAH BLAH
or
MELEE SUCK BLAH BLAHBLAH

and everything should be fine.
:D even the comments on the video is doing good.
Lol.

$20 says you could never pull off the snl :)

Top Bottom