• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Not really he just won Dreamhack and so of course the haters are out in full force. But there are actually a lot of people saying they respect him more now since he played so well and didn't try to cheese anyone
Lol! I see.

Damn, wishd I saw that.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I may be a Smash 4 player, but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that, so listen close.

The Undertale fandom is about to give you guys a bad time with their automated votes in the Gamefaqs poll. Super Mario World, Pokémon Red/Blue, and even Mario 64 fell to those maniacs. Don't let them win.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I may be a Smash 4 player, but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that, so listen close.

The Undertale fandom is about to give you guys a bad time with their automated votes in the Gamefaqs poll. Super Mario World, Pokémon Red/Blue, and even Mario 64 fell to those maniacs. Don't let them win.
>2015 Outside
>Thinks different Smash communities are enemies

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh I know what he meant. It was just funny the way he said it.

And btw when you link stuff its almost impossible to see due to your text color.
I can see it fine, but I'm not sure how people who are color blind can see it. I was falsely diagnosed as color blind once upon a time and although I have trouble with some shades of purple occasionally, but I don't think I'm fully color blind.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I can see it fine, but I'm not sure how people who are color blind can see it. I was falsely diagnosed as color blind once upon a time and although I have trouble with some shades of purple occasionally, but I don't think I'm fully color blind.
There's a lot of websites that will tell you your colorblind-ness with about the accuracy of a normal doctor, you can go check those out if you want. My psychology class had to take one and this girl found out she couldn't differentiate between red and green at all. It was pretty funny, she said "Ohhh, thats why I'm always arguing with my mom on whether my clothes match."

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
They show up as orange on desktop as well, and my text color is purple. I still think that it's fairly easy to tell between purple/blue and dark orange.
Oh. I'm using the "Project M" theme and links show up purple. Its been so long since I changed it that I assumed everyone else saw it that way, haha.

CrispyKarp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muscar
3DS FC
0404-7247-3657
I'm a smash 4 player but I do want to get back into melee. Anyone know where to get a copy that won't cost a ridiculous amount of money?

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
I'm a smash 4 player but I do want to get back into melee. Anyone know where to get a copy that won't cost a ridiculous amount of money?
You tried emulating it on a hacked wii? Its not that hard to set it up. And tbh probably the better route since Melee disks hard to come by these days.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
You can try to hunt down a copy for less than the online price of $60, but it might take less time and money to just buy it at that price. If you have any friends that don't want their copy anymore, you can probably get it pretty cheap/for free (depending on how much they like you).

Cheapest method is probably to do what Chainz Chainz said, but its a fairly difficult process and might take a bit of time if you have no experience doing that sorta thing.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Or you could just emulate it on Dolphin if you have a good GPU. You can even use GC controllers if you have an adapter.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
It's not that hard to get the 20xx hack pack running on a Wii. I would look it up and look up tutorials and see if you're interested

ofmars

Smash Rookie
i was going to ask that same question, glad i just read these posts first. lol im going to see if i can hack my wii for the 20xx pack because i really want to play some melee but its freaking $294 on amazon

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
i was going to ask that same question, glad i just read these posts first. lol im going to see if i can hack my wii for the 20xx pack because i really want to play some melee but its freaking $294 on amazon
It's $60 used, but that's still a steep price for a 14-year-old game (even if it is one of the best games ever made). Luckily I got my copy with a new GC in 2003; the game was cheaper back then lol.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Honestly Melee still being $60 isn't bad when I think about how many hours I've put into the game over the years.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Get a job or go mow some lawns / shovel some snow.....geez

$60 is not a lot.

Considering that this game is so deep you can play it for 10+ years. Compared to the 10+ hours that a $60 crap Assassin's Creed game lasts. Cry me a river, and stop bringing up buying this game used every single page.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Get a job or go mow some lawns / shovel some snow.....geez

$60 is not a lot.

Considering that this game is so deep you can play it for 10+ years. Compared to the 10+ hours that a $60 crap Assassin's Creed game lasts. Cry me a river, and stop bringing up buying this game used every single page.
It's used, game been out for 10+ years.

If you wanna pay $60 fine, if you want it for free fine, if you wanna be smart and find a copy cheaper thats fine.

Do whatever gets your **** hard.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Melee isn't my most expensive game, though. I have FE: PoR which I got for $30 a few years before Awakening came out. After Awakening came out, it started to skyrocket in price and now the game is $100. I could buy another copy of Melee with the profit I would make by reselling the game and still have an extra $10 in my pocket on top of that.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
If you wanna pay $60 fine, if you want it for free fine, if you wanna be smart and find a copy cheaper thats fine.

Do whatever gets your **** hard.
Yikes....calm down there kiddo, you're not on a soap opera or Jersey Shore.

I just recently sold my copy of Earthbound for $180 and I have an Amazing Tater loose cart in my GB collection that's worth $250. Used games can be worth a lot, get over it. The buyers, supply, and demand drive the prices up and Melee isn't going down anytime soon. I suggest to anyone to buy it now because it will definitely be a $100 this time next year and so on.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Yikes....calm down there kiddo, you're not on a soap opera or Jersey Shore.

I just recently sold my copy of Earthbound for $180 and I have an Amazing Tater loose cart in my GB collection that's worth $250. Used games can be worth a lot, get over it. The buyers, supply, and demand drive the prices up and Melee isn't going down anytime soon. I suggest to anyone to buy it now because it will definitely be a $100 this time next year and so on.
That's nice.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I was re-watching some of the old Hax sets. This is an amazing set, but this part (5:13) breaks my heart every time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom