• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Lol, Good to be back after being in "sleep mode" for a few weeks. Anything new happen?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Is anyone else tired of going into Melee streams and seeing half the chat arguing over whether hbox is or is not a douche?
This is easily solved.

disable twitch chat by pushing that little arrow.

Unfortunately the twitch chat for most Melee streams is rarely amusing or original. It's like if 9GAG and funnyjunk had a baby.

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
This is easily solved.

disable twitch chat by pushing that little arrow.

Unfortunately the twitch chat for most Melee streams is rarely amusing or original. It's like if 9GAG and funnyjunk had a baby.
Well sometimes on smaller streams I like to interact with the other people or the streamer. Usually I just ignore a bunch of people but it's still kinda disappointing

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Well sometimes on smaller streams I like to interact with the other people or the streamer. Usually I just ignore a bunch of people but it's still kinda disappointing
Oh yea for sure smaller streams are a much different thing altogether, but why would half the chat be bickering about HBox on smaller streams? Is that a common problem?

I sometimes get sick of the Melee commentary at larger events (and wish I could disable that and just have game audio), surprisingly enough especially when it's D1 or PROG in "eSports mode". When those two put on the fake eSports commentary it's vomit inducing to me. I love their care free old school smaller event commentary where anything goes, but it's rare to see that these days. (though D1 and Crimson Blur at PAX was great)

Vish + Leffen at PAX was great, Crimson Blur is always fun, Husband, DJ Nintendo, and Mang0 kill it (especially when Mang0 gets all professional and insightful like during the SSC triple commentary)

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Do people still talk about what HBox pulled over at EVO? I haven't been watching any streams lately. So i'm lost on the present situation with everything.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Do people still talk about what HBox pulled over at EVO? I haven't been watching any streams lately. So i'm lost on the present situation with everything.
Kind of. By now it's mostly people who say "**** Hbox" or whatever, but it's calmed down somewhat. I imagine 17 will be floating through all the streams over the next few weeks

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Kind of. By now it's mostly people who say "**** Hbox" or whatever, but it's calmed down somewhat. I imagine 17 will be floating through all the streams over the next few weeks
Yea, thats how I imagine it too. I would watch more streams, but everytime I watch them I get the urge to actually play myself, got the fire burning, y'know? Lol

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have an apology to make.

More than a few times, I've snapped at the slightest mention of Melee... to keep up appearances. I was angry at the spur of the moment during the booing incident at Apex '15, that became what people had come to expect of me, so I felt like I had to keep playing the part so I wouldn't be seen as a hypocrite.

In the process, that made me a hypocrite.

I've started to notice that this is a pattern for me; not just in Smash related things. Everywhere. It's about time for me to start setting things right, starting here. I'm really sorry.

I mean, it eventually got so bad that it turned to flat-out lying. I didn't get literally bored to sleep during Evo '14 like I've been claiming; in fact, I was watching pretty intently.

While Melee's still not my favorite game, that's just personal taste. I don't dismiss it and its tournaments entirely, and I never should have started lashing out at it like I did. Especially when it was over an opinion that I'd stopped even holding.

Seriously, I feel disgusting.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
I have an apology to make.

More than a few times, I've snapped at the slightest mention of Melee... to keep up appearances. I was angry at the spur of the moment during the booing incident at Apex '15, that became what people had come to expect of me, so I felt like I had to keep playing the part so I wouldn't be seen as a hypocrite.

In the process, that made me a hypocrite.

I've started to notice that this is a pattern for me; not just in Smash related things. Everywhere. It's about time for me to start setting things right, starting here. I'm really sorry.

I mean, it eventually got so bad that it turned to flat-out lying. I didn't get literally bored to sleep during Evo '14 like I've been claiming; in fact, I was watching pretty intently.

While Melee's still not my favorite game, that's just personal taste. I don't dismiss it and its tournaments entirely, and I never should have started lashing out at it like I did. Especially when it was over an opinion that I'd stopped even holding.

Seriously, I feel disgusting.
Well ain't this random.

Don't sweat it man. I mean, If your were just doing it for show. Then that's all it really was. Hell, I do the same thing to the sm4sh scene in my city. I don't really hate on them, lol. The Melee players and Sm4sh players here **** talk each other all time, lol. We do it for show and hype.

SaucyWizard

Smash Rookie
"Our own inspiration and achievements are simply an extension of the experiences, passion and vision of others."

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS !!

B Link

Smash Lord
Hi, I'm a 64 player but the metagame and technical discussion seems more in depth in this forum than the 64 one, so I might start posting here more instead. Nice to meet you all. =)

Last edited:

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
So I was playing Doc-Sheik and I caped Sheik as she tried to roll onto the stage and she teleported to the other side of the stage, what caused this?

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing Doc-Sheik and I caped Sheik as she tried to roll onto the stage and she teleported to the other side of the stage, what caused this?
Forgot what its called but yeah thats a glitch I think specific to Sheik when you cape her getup attack

Dydro

Smash Rookie
NNID
DydroX
Hey guys, I'm super new to Melee, and I really want to get learning. I have a physical set up at home as well as a high performance computer with a 144hz monitor that I read could be good as far as input lag on this "20XX" emulation mod on dolphin. If anyone is in a Skype group that welcomes new players and are down to teach, please shoot me a message, I'd really love to join in on the fun.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Happy Hallows' Eve everyone

Don't make the same mistake Carson Daly and the rest of the Today Show cast made...

Last edited:

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Heard Alex19 retiring from Melee. Man, that sucks. Was looking forward to playing his Fox one of these days.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Heard Alex19 retiring from Melee. Man, that sucks. Was looking forward to playing his Fox one of these days.
Why doesnt he just continue to play with mango and lucky?
It makes u think its bc he got "wrecked" at smash summit.

But he was last seed so I rlly dont understand why he would do that, hes getting exposure... Ah well, maybe its personal reasons, still its unfortunate.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Aww ****, did I miss something good? Lol
Not really he just won Dreamhack and so of course the haters are out in full force. But there are actually a lot of people saying they respect him more now since he played so well and didn't try to cheese anyone

Top Bottom