• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Wow. . .
Melee truly is a masterpiece.
It is one of the most well designed games that has ever existed.
It has an incredibly complex architecture with rich adornment
It should be in the Smithsonian's video games section.
I'm not joking.
There's no way that a game could survive this long without such an inherent and apparent beauty.
I do mean beauty, it epitomizes the competitive spirit and expression of style.
The Big House 4.

Last edited:

Cerebellum

Smash Rookie
I dont know, but maybe someone here does
thanks for the reply anyways :)
Wow. . .
Melee truly is a masterpiece.
It is one of the most well designed games that has ever existed.
It has an incredibly complex architecture with rich adornment
It should be in the Smithsonian's video games section.
I'm not joking.
There's no way that a game could survive this long without such an inherent and apparent beauty.
I do mean beauty, it epitomizes the competitive spirit and expression of style.
The Big House 4.
TBH4 WAS GREAT MANGO TOOK IT HOME :)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Jigglypuff is #1 on the tier list of my heart

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
I like how easy it is to short hop with falco, but wish he had Fox's fast wavedash input. But ill take the easy shorthop over the fast wavedash every time

Last edited:

DavidLowell

Smash Cadet
NNID
PharaohLowell
3DS FC
0318-8056-1329
Long live Melee.
Long live the Melee community.
I love you guys and gals.
#10MoreYears

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i've been playing for like a month and i'm sort of worried about my progress; i took a bit of a hiatus in mid-late september due to college and some other problems and i've somehow lost my ability to multishine in real games! started playing against actual people though and i'm doing okay for someone who's played melee for about 5% as much time as they have (i even four-stocked a marth player on yoshi's lmao) though i'm playing hella sloppy and sometimes i input the wrong things on certain controllers [like throwing out four fairs with fox in a stock]. getting two-stocked by ICs and sheiks isn't exactly a good look either

is there any way i can get better at this game more quickly, in both fundamentals and tech skill? i guess i should find people who are way better than me as there's no shortage of people here who are amazing. the crowd needs to see me flexing in grand finals at apex 2015 brah how am i supposed to get there when i can't multishine reliably and fall into random sheik dsmashes like the scrub i am

edit: found someone who's actually placed in top 8 in project m at several tournaments and was trashed repeatedly. lots of fun though! i think i'm learning even though my tech skill is sloppy

Last edited:

Cerebellum

Smash Rookie
i've been playing for like a month and i'm sort of worried about my progress; i took a bit of a hiatus in mid-late september due to college and some other problems and i've somehow lost my ability to multishine in real games! started playing against actual people though and i'm doing okay for someone who's played melee for about 5% as much time as they have (i even four-stocked a marth player on yoshi's lmao) though i'm playing hella sloppy and sometimes i input the wrong things on certain controllers [like throwing out four fairs with fox in a stock]. getting two-stocked by ICs and sheiks isn't exactly a good look either

is there any way i can get better at this game more quickly, in both fundamentals and tech skill? i guess i should find people who are way better than me as there's no shortage of people here who are amazing. the crowd needs to see me flexing in grand finals at apex 2015 brah how am i supposed to get there when i can't multishine reliably and fall into random sheik dsmashes like the scrub i am

edit: found someone who's actually placed in top 8 in project m at several tournaments and was trashed repeatedly. lots of fun though! i think i'm learning even though my tech skill is sloppy
all the advice i can give you is practice your movements and for multi shines ask a friend so just stand there or run around and try to land them or work on them for shield pressuring cheers

Geranimo

Smash Cadet
Hey does anyone know if there is a combo video thread or the hypest videos thread? Or a youtube channel? Or anything that puts all the best smash videos togheter?

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729

Twewy

Smash Lord
Did anyone else hear about FalcoMaster3000? The story is just awesome and hilarious at the same time.

tschafer64

Smash Rookie
I was just curious if there was a reason as to why so many of the melee boards are so inactive? I only ever see a couple pros, like Dr.PeePee, semi-regularly contribute to discussions and the rest of the contributions comes from a select few people who frequent those boards. I guess I am just trying to find a place that has regular discussions with insight from top level players

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Because melee is mostly figured out, there is very little theory crafting that still needs to be done. That leaves the discussions to mostly lower level players who are trying to catch up. There is very little incentive for someone like Mango, M2K, Armada, etc to spend their time browsing the boards correcting people for their mistakes or giving out advice. From their perspective that would be doubly wasteful because 1) it exposes their tactics, which opens them up to counters, 2) their time is better spent playing the game or doing other things (work, studying, etc) and 3) 99% of the questions asked have been asked and answered time and time again. It doesn't take a top10 player to answer these; in fact a simple google search might be in order.

If you really want to see discussions with these top players, go back and read the hundreds of pages in the character specific "ask ___ questions" threads. You will find tons of content from people like KirbyKaze, Dr. PeePee, Armada, Leffen, Fly Amanita, Wobbles, MacD, Jman, SilentWolf and even Magus himself!

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I think most people have had the thought of doing what FalcoMaster3000 has done, but no one has ever taken it this far...

Adieu

Smash Rookie
Does any one have good tips for melee training without the chance to play against real players?

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
There was some thread awhile back about keeping your hands healthy. I REALLY want to see this again so if you guys know what I'm talking about, PLEASE link me.

Top Bottom