• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Well looks like I won't have to make Roy's SFX lol. I'm gonna do the announcer voice next, then Shielda clips. It may take quite a while longer tho. New job slashed free time to less than half.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
So this is clear in the beginning I am using Gecko OS for Project M.
I'm having a slight issue when it comes to 7.bnk or 7.sawnd (IE6 just updated his forum as of yesterday with a new code (I believe) enabling .sawnd files as well). Anyways, every time the game loads, the file will freeze up my Wii at the first PM prompt right out of Gecko. Remove the file and bam it works (with the other character sfx mods working). I can't figure out what continues to cause this. I'm not super new to modding but I am ignorant to the more advanced stuff...or my mind just doesn't work that way.

Also, for some odd reason, I am having an issue with Link and Marth. Link''s (grounded and aerial) up-b makes the yelling sfx about 1 out of every 3-4 times (compared to melee, brawl, and PM's Link where he just won't shut the heck up), Marth's neutral-b's sound continues to play well after the attack has been done. As for the both of them, they make no swinging sounds and you can't even hear half of their attacks. I am guessing it is the lack of the 7 soundbank/bnk/sawnd which is the slash/punching sounds?

But anyways, I highly appreciate your awesome work in enabling nostalgic goosebumps every time I hear Link's spin attack and Pikachu's death cry from Melee. So again thank you so much!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The other issue being 7.bnk? Which bank is that supposed to be? I'm no professional, just someone who made the same mistake on Marth as you. I do know my way around troubleshooting some of the various hacks, though. I may be able to lend a hand.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man. The 7.bnk/sawnd is the Melee slashing, punching, electric, etc sfx but in Super Sawnds, the whole thing is highlighted Red and I have no clue what that means (yet I can still make a sawnd/bnk out of it.) In doing so, it will cause the game to freeze.

edit* The listings name I am referencing in Super Sawnds is: joucyu (11234E).

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thanks man. The 7.bnk/sawnd is the Melee slashing, punching, electric, etc sfx but in Super Sawnds, the whole thing is highlighted Red and I have no clue what that means (yet I can still make a sawnd/bnk out of it.) In doing so, it will cause the game to freeze.

edit* The listings name I am referencing in Super Sawnds is: joucyu (11234E).
That means it's over the maximum file size. Try making some sounds a little less high quality.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How do you change the quality on something ripped straight from the game? As in, the original brsar?
If you're using the one I made it should work just fine. What's the file size of the 7.bnk you're using. Also mine is highlighted in red as well in SS, but works all the same... as demonstrated in the plethora of Smash videos on my YouTube channel lol

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
If you're using the one I made it should work just fine. What's the file size of the 7.bnk you're using. Also mine is highlighted in red as well in SS, but works all the same... as demonstrated in the plethora of Smash videos on my YouTube channel lol
I figured it out and I got it working. Although, for some odd reason, the brsar I had was larger than the one you provided... Odd but It works. Thanks a lot everyone! :b:

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
I gotta say Im loving these Melee SFX, Amazerommu! I'm wondering if you have plans to incorporate the Melee Shine sound when Fox or Falco hits someone with their reflector. It would be awesome if you could do that. Also, cant wait for Melee Ness, I definitely prefer his voice in that game over Brawl's.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I figured it out and I got it working. Although, for some odd reason, the brsar I had was larger than the one you provided... Odd but It works. Thanks a lot everyone! :b:
You were using the PAL brsar file which causes all the problems... lol

I gotta say Im loving these Melee SFX, Amazerommu! I'm wondering if you have plans to incorporate the Melee Shine sound when Fox or Falco hits someone with their reflector. It would be awesome if you could do that. Also, cant wait for Melee Ness, I definitely prefer his voice in that game over Brawl's.

Oh wow I forgot about that sound. Kinda the lingering stun-y sound it makes? I'm gonna have to find that... and then experiment more with changing hit sfx which I still haven't done much of at all...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How do you convert .sawndz files into .bnk files? I been trying to do that and nothing happens.....
I'm probably incorrect, but I think you can change the file extension from .bnk to .sawndz.

If that doesn't work, you can use Super Sawndz, the one provided by InternetExplorer, insert the .sawnd files into a smashbros_sound.brsar using that program and then just save that same group as .bnk. That method I know works.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
Ok theres two problems:
1. I insert a sawndz file into the brsar file and nothing changes
2. When I try to convert to a bnk file it says RSBE v1.20 does not support .bnk files;You should use sawndz file instead Still create a .bnk file? Then when I press yes nothing happens

I tried using both your Super Sawndz and IE's and nothing works. Im so confused lol

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
What exactly are you trying to do? For my downloads they come with both the .bnk and .sawndz files.

Also what are the exact steps you took to do these things. You have to make sure you have the right smashbros_sound.brsar file and put it in the same location as the Super Sawnds program itself. If not you'll have to click File -> Open BRSAR and navigate to wherever you have the .brsar file saved.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Is the GCT in first post the old code using bnk files or the new ones using sawnd files?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is the GCT in first post the old code using bnk files or the new ones using sawnd files?
It's still the old one that uses .bnk files. I will update that eventually... or I'm sure the newest code will be included in P:M 3.0!!!! If for some reason that comes out before I update these things. Gonna do the Melee Announcer things at some point this week or weekend!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It's still the old one that uses .bnk files. I will update that eventually... or I'm sure the newest code will be included in P:M 3.0!!!! If for some reason that comes out before I update these things. Gonna do the Melee Announcer things at some point this week or weekend!

Okay, so if I combine my PM GCT with the newest SFX code and SFX pack will that have Melee perfect shielding SFX or is that it's own code?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Unfortunately no, the Perfect Shield sound will be the little combined sound effects that the PMBR chose to put together. Which was very well done. It took my super ear ability to figure out it was a combo of the light beam sword swing + one of the coin sounds. Once I did that it was easy for me to change it in the .gct.

So for now if just use the .gct I made, and... Well nvm actually. I'll update this when I get home at some point tonight. At the place if employment on my phone right now. I'll make a new .gct file with the newest sfx code.

Although I'm wondering if someone has an answer for this question. Does the newest code work with The Alternate Stage Loader code now? I would very much like to incorporate it into my personal build (which will be released once this project is done!)

And I have a task for anyone following this project... If you wanna help out a bit. It's mainly something the Melee vets will be able to help with. But can you all look out for any misplaced hit sfx? I'm sure some of you have noticed with the Melee SFX pack some if the hit sounds are completely out of place / inappropriate. It would help me out a bit once I'm able to alter those to already have a list of what I need to change. And of course anyone who helps me with this will receive due credit and/or thanks. Not sure what I could do for you... But I'm sure we can figure something out. Thank you all for the support and feedback

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
One major thing I've noticed was when using Ness, Lucas, or Zelda is that some of the electrical/magical sounds are missing. Otherwise, I don't see any other issues.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
They're there... Well sorta. I think it's the wrong sound effect... Actually I think they use that small flame hit sound for some reason (like with Mario's forward smash)

Guess it's time to break out the copy of Melee again to figure out exactly what sounds they should make. I know Lucas' Up Smash will sound moar badass than it does w/ regular Brawl effects once I fix it! XD

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
About time this pack was able to be used via SD Card and I truly applaud you guys for it! The game sounds much more fierce, just like I remember it.

Thouhh like E2xD said some sounds are bit off on some characters but otherwise, amazing job!

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
One major thing I've noticed was when using Ness, Lucas, or Zelda is that some of the electrical/magical sounds are missing. Otherwise, I don't see any other issues.
The electrical sounds are there, they're just really quiet.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
What exactly are you trying to do? For my downloads they come with both the .bnk and .sawndz files.

Also what are the exact steps you took to do these things. You have to make sure you have the right smashbros_sound.brsar file and put it in the same location as the Super Sawnds program itself. If not you'll have to click File -> Open BRSAR and navigate to wherever you have the .brsar file saved.
I'm just trying to convert sawndz files into .bnk files hehe.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
What's your channel and also can you find a way to put n64 hit effects? Those are still the best.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Does this pack include melee hit sounds? Those were my favorite and I would love to have them back.
Yeah those are included in the Melee SFX Pack in the OP.

What's your channel and also can you find a way to put n64 hit effects? Those are still the best.
Channel is this: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx

And I could work on N64 effects after I finish this project. We'll see about that when the time comes. Heheh

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I'm already working on the N64 hit SFX, the crowd's SFXs for the main 12 characters, close calls, and hard hits. I'm missing a few SFXs for the crowd right now. Once that's done, I'll make my own N64 SFX Pack with a list of all of sounds that I possibly found.

You can help me find the rest of them if you want.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
I'm already working on the N64 hit SFX, the crowd's SFXs for the main 12 characters, close calls, and hard hits. I'm missing a few SFXs for the crowd right now. Once that's done, I'll make my own N64 SFX Pack with a list of all of sounds that I possibly found.

You can help me find the rest of them if you want.
I LOVE n64 sound effect. They're so loud and sound like you packing a ****ing punch. So satisfying.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Are you asking me what I do personally? Or how to do it? There are a bunch of ways if you're trying to figure out. The easiest way is to use Ocarina Code Manager (Search for it on Google) combined with a program Mewtwo2000 made called... GCT Fusionizer. Search for that one as well. And there are tutorials all around (maybe even in this P:M Customized Content Forum.

Top Bottom