• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meow

Smash Apprentice
Hey just poppin' in, I have a question for Luigi's melee sfx. Will he make his jumping noise everytime you wavedash? In the video you didn't wavedash much so I couldn't tell.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Are you gonna add Japanese voices for characters like Ike, Meta Knight, etc. sometime in the future?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey just poppin' in, I have a question for Luigi's melee sfx. Will he make his jumping noise everytime you wavedash? In the video you didn't wavedash much so I couldn't tell.
Due to Brawl mechanics I don't think that he does everytime. Only when the wavedash is not frame perfect is when he'll make the sounds.

Are you gonna add Japanese voices for characters like Ike, Meta Knight, etc. sometime in the future?
I haven't done anything to those characters yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to add them. I know I've seen a lot of people wanting Ike and Meta Knight. Are there any other notable japanese voices? I'd assume Pit, maybe ZSS too? Who else?

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Due to Brawl mechanics I don't think that he does everytime. Only when the wavedash is not frame perfect is when he'll make the sounds.

I haven't done anything to those characters yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to add them. I know I've seen a lot of people wanting Ike and Meta Knight. Are there any other notable japanese voices? I'd assume Pit, maybe ZSS too? Who else?
Actually can you do Yoshi really soon? His brawl sfx are SOOOOOOOO annoying!! Those squeaky noises need to go :urg:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I would love a Japanese Ike just for the sake of consistency with Marth and Roy.
I was actually thinking this myself. Although I do like the language diversity as well.

Actually can you do Yoshi really soon? His brawl sfx are SOOOOOOOO annoying!! Those squeaky noises need to go :urg:
I know... I know... Samus is first though (after I finish Zelda), then Kirby, and then Yoshi... then the Icy's... I loathe pretty much all of their Brawl sfx (especially Kirby and Yoshi), but I gotta do as I said I would haha.

Also. ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! The rest of the doodz are finally updated and stuff. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Kwanzaa, Hanukkah... whatever you celebrate. Hope you have the best one evvvaaarrrr and get all tha best presents, whatever, etc! PLAY CHRISTMAS SMASH AND TELL ME IF ANY OF THE REMAINING DOODZ ARE MESSED UP!

Also added Marth's Melee 'Hold B' Victory sounds... They may not sound exactly perfect with Melee... for reasons of not being able to adequately test, but they're at least there. Let me know of any problems doodz! And Happy Holidays again!

PolarisWizard

Smash Rookie
Also. ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! The rest of the doodz are finally updated and stuff. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Kwanzaa, Hanukkah... whatever you celebrate. Hope you have the best one evvvaaarrrr and get all tha best presents, whatever, etc! PLAY CHRISTMAS SMASH AND TELL ME IF ANY OF THE REMAINING DOODZ ARE MESSED UP!

Also added Marth's Melee 'Hold B' Victory sounds... They may not sound exactly perfect with Melee... for reasons of not being able to adequately test, but they're at least there. Let me know of any problems doodz! And Happy Holidays again!
I love you Amaze Claus! Seriously though, this is awesome.

Quick edit: I checked out the Ness download and that one hasn't been updated yet. It still has the 2.6b files.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I love you Amaze Claus! Seriously though, this is awesome.
I love you too!

Also... you all may wanna redownload and replace the 7.sawnd file in your thingies... There's a small general annoyance that has had a temporary fix applied... Well two actually. You may enjoy them.

Steelia

Smash Champion
oop, as pointed out above, Melee Ness's sfx are his 2.6 sounds from a month ago. Wrong link ?

In any case, thank you VERY much for the updated sounds! A really great Christmas gift :) So glad to hear SSBM Peach again.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
oop, as pointed out above, Melee Ness's sfx are his 2.6 sounds from a month ago. Wrong link ?

In any case, thank you VERY much for the updated sounds! A really great Christmas gift :) So glad to hear SSBM Peach again.
Quick edit: I checked out the Ness download and that one hasn't been updated yet. It still has the 2.6b files.

Whoops. I fixed it! This new MediaFire thingy I just tried out pretty much dunked on the reason for me trying to switch to Dropbox haha.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I load through USB and can't test which sfx will work properly at the moment, being stuck at my parents' house for Christmas with no TV that supports my YCbCr cables.

My question is, which files do I need for this then? If I'm not mistaken I don't need the .gct since PM 3.0 includes the ReplacementSBE. Do I then just need the fitmelee(fighter).pac(s) I want and smashbros_sound.brsar? Keep in mind that all I need for PM codes to work is for the PM files/folders to be in the root normally (Codes, Private, ProjectM, etc)

I'm looking at the MeleeSFX.zip contents and am not sure what I need from it, and where to put the .bnk files versus the .sawnd files.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I load through USB and can't test which sfx will work properly at the moment, being stuck at my parents' house for Christmas with no TV that supports my YCbCr cables.

My question is, which files do I need for this then? If I'm not mistaken I don't need the .gct since PM 3.0 includes the ReplacementSBE. Do I then just need the fitmelee(fighter).pac(s) I want and smashbros_sound.brsar? Keep in mind that all I need for PM codes to work is for the PM files/folders to be in the root normally (Codes, Private, ProjectM, etc)

I'm looking at the MeleeSFX.zip contents and am not sure what I need from it, and where to put the .bnk files versus the .sawnd files.
Correct you don't need the .gct now unless you want to have the Perfect Shield sound from Melee.

I'm not 100% sure how USB Loading works but I do believe you can just copy the 'projectm' folders in each character download into the root of your SD Card and it puts both the FitDood.pac and #.sawnd files in the correct locations. The .bnk files are there in case there are those who... I guess use older versions of P:M or the RSBE? The current RSBE in 3.0 only supports .sawnd files. And for the Melee SFX download you just need to copy 7.sawnd if you only want the sound effects without the announcer. And if you wanna use any of the alternate .pac files (such as for Marth and Link's alt Smash 4 Sword Trails) just rename the .pac file to 'FitLink.pac' or 'FitMarth.pac' and replace the ones in their fighter folders.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I love you too!

Also... you all may wanna redownload and replace the 7.sawnd file in your thingies... There's a small general annoyance that has had a temporary fix applied... Well two actually. You may enjoy them.
Am I to assume that this means that the golf clap that delays the victory themes has been merged in or removed?

Kati

Smash Lord
I didn't think I would care for the melee announcer, but now I can't go back >_<

I downloaded the new version, but neither Roy or Mewtwo are recognized by the announcer, but instead of constantly asking about all sorts of details, I was wondering if there was a guide or tutorial for sfx editing you could recommend. Thanks for all your work!

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Very excited to update when I get home later tonight. I hope quiet sounds are no longer a problem? One of the most obvious examples of this were electric moves like Zeldas's dthrow, which sounded practically (or completely?) silent.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I didn't think I would care for the melee announcer, but now I can't go back >_<

I downloaded the new version, but neither Roy or Mewtwo are recognized by the announcer, but instead of constantly asking about all sorts of details, I was wondering if there was a guide or tutorial for sfx editing you could recommend. Thanks for all your work!
Hmmm those actually should be there... unless I forgot to upload the latest version... [Checking]

Yeah that should be it. Try redownloading it? As far as sfx editing... There was no real tutorial that I followed per say. I kinda just fumbled my way through things for the most part since Super Sawndz is pretty easy to use... I can try to find one for you later though if you'd like.

But basically, with Super Sawndz, if you wanna replace files, you need a smashbros_sound.brsar opened in the program. The file has all the sounds neatly organized by group ID, named for whatever it is. Like Link's group is named 'link.' Go to whatever files you wanna replace, click the "..." next to the field below 'Input File', find the file you wanna replace it with (needs to be a .wav file) and click 'Insert'

Pretty simple right? Now the 'somewhat' advanced stuff that I do with .pac editing is a bit more complicated. Otherwise with default .pac files, things like Marth's Up B having the Melee sound effect and his little "Tooaah!" voice clip wouldn't be possible.

Very excited to update when I get home later tonight. I hope quiet sounds are no longer a problem? One of the most obvious examples of this were electric moves like Zeldas's dthrow, which sounded practically (or completely?) silent.
Ya I applied a temporary fix to that, basically putting back the Brawl Magic hits until I get around to editing the hit sfx for each individual character. Zelda's dthrow will soon have Melee sounds, however... if you remember what those were haha.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I'd prefer brawl sounds to barely audible sounds anyday. Thanks Amazerommu, hopefully it isn't too much work for you to find a solution.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I admittedly want that alt voice, KO sounds or not.
Im really looking forward to you to figure it out how to finish the Selective Voices thingy and you will become a god lol.
Thanks to you two, I decided I'll go ahead and start working on the alt voices... They won't have separate KO sounds, but I'm gonna go ahead and do those in the hopes that someone comes along in (hopefully) the near future with some super magic fix that'll allow the alt voices to be 100% complete. I've done quite a bit of research, and thanks to Shun I now know how to change the KO sounds... Unfortunately there is no way for me to make the game load them separately based on costume... Although, I figure if someone could create a code that makes certain costumes load different .pac files, kinda how PMBR made each Bowser costume have it's own alternate Giga Bowser color, then that would alleviate the problem with KO sounds and the whole P:M world would be happy. Haha

(Part of me wouldn't be surprised if the PMBR just up and did this in the next update)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
hey so do i have to insert the sawnds in the sfx folder or can i just replace the RSBE with yours and use the .bnk files?
You have to copy the .sawnd files. The .gct files in my downloads are the current 3.0 codeset, so they have the updated version that uses .sawnd files instead of .bnk. Each download, however, should come with a 'projectm' folder that you can copy and it'll do all that stuff for you. Actually gonna upload a 'Pack' later tonight that contains all the mods thus far that you can just copy and paste (minus Announcer clips) into the root of your SD Card. It'll have default .pac files, so if you want Smash 4 sword trails or Dynamic Dancing Blade then you'll have to download those individual mods. It'll also have the Melee Perfect Shield sound effect RSBE01.gct's included (Full and Wifi separately). Something like that anyway. I think I'll have separate downloads for Full and Wifi versions.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
so do i put the .sawnd files into the sfx folder?
Da that is correct. Unless you copy over the 'projectm' folder, in which case that is already done along with whatever other things need to be copied. For the Melee Announcer though, whichever sfx you want (if any), you have to copy those into your 'sfx' folder individually as they are not included in the 'projectm' folder.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Bump for two packs added (Full and Wifi Codesets)! They contain all Melee SFX mods thus far, not including the announcer clips. Just copy and paste into the root of your SD card.

Kati

Smash Lord
Hmmm those actually should be there... unless I forgot to upload the latest version... [Checking]

Yeah that should be it. Try redownloading it? As far as sfx editing... There was no real tutorial that I followed per say. I kinda just fumbled my way through things for the most part since Super Sawndz is pretty easy to use... I can try to find one for you later though if you'd like.

But basically, with Super Sawndz, if you wanna replace files, you need a smashbros_sound.brsar opened in the program. The file has all the sounds neatly organized by group ID, named for whatever it is. Like Link's group is named 'link.' Go to whatever files you wanna replace, click the "..." next to the field below 'Input File', find the file you wanna replace it with (needs to be a .wav file) and click 'Insert'

Pretty simple right? Now the 'somewhat' advanced stuff that I do with .pac editing is a bit more complicated. Otherwise with default .pac files, things like Marth's Up B having the Melee sound effect and his little "Tooaah!" voice clip wouldn't be possible.

Ya I applied a temporary fix to that, basically putting back the Brawl Magic hits until I get around to editing the hit sfx for each individual character. Zelda's dthrow will soon have Melee sounds, however... if you remember what those were haha.
Is it possible to open sawnd files and extract sfx from them..? hopefully in a .wav format?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is it possible to open sawnd files and extract sfx from them..? hopefully in a .wav format?
You'd have to insert the .sawnd file into a .brsar file using Super Sawndz and then extract them using BrawlBox. Tedious, I know haha.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Alright, so I added a few SFX mods and they sound great! One problem, though. I had Melee Menu SFX/general SFX (not hit sfx though, more like Pause) applied and now they're overwritten. Which file do I need to modify in supersawndz? 7.sawnd? I can't tell right now because SuperSawndz is being dumb and freezing when I try to open it.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Alright, so I added a few SFX mods and they sound great! One problem, though. I had Melee Menu SFX/general SFX (not hit sfx though, more like Pause) applied and now they're overwritten. Which file do I need to modify in supersawndz? 7.sawnd? I can't tell right now because SuperSawndz is being dumb and freezing when I try to open it.
You would be correct. 7.sawnd is the one that needs to be edited.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Thank you for all the guidance, Mr. InternetExplorer Sir. Melee SFX feel so right yet will take some time to adjust to, especially with Lucas not having as much sfx on nair and downb (which I kind of like so far, actually)

Minor aesthetic suggestion: Speed up Bowser's flame breath noise so it goes better with his animation. Right now there's a good chunk of that animation with no sound.

Kati

Smash Lord
CSS announcer works perfectly now. For some reason I was expecting PM's, but again the mlee one surprised me with its greatness.

I inserted the sawnd file like you said, but I can't figure out how to save the edited brsar so that I can reopen it in brawlbox.

Top Bottom