• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

so as far as the next tourney being all for donation goes, i think we should do it, and i think that silent should get over himself ;P

XD

how about we make washington look good as a community and actually DO the donation tourney to start gathering funds?
id be all for it if we had more than 1 tourney per month.
i mean, socal only has a minimum of 6 per month, so we should definitely use our only tourney for this, whn not everyone at GC will be going.

basically, lets have 2 GCs for the next month or two? best way to do it IMO, or nate can hold a fund raiser tourney at his place. eh, eh? maybe SKYPAL can attract a bunch of ppl like they did for that fat smashfest.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont understand why we dont have the normal gameclucks of next month be the actual donating tourney. we are looking to get a good amount of money, and peopel attend those gameclucks tourneys, 97% of which are basically paying to attend, while the other 3% actually have a chance of making a small amount of money. If we use the main gameclucks tournament for donations for ONE MONTH it would be a pretty decent amount of money to start off the donations from washington. I like the idea of having multiple tourneys a month, it sounds like fun.

but using an alternate tournament, which will likely not even have half as many entrants, as our donation tourney makes washington cheap and greedy.

i'm just saying, why not go all out and actually get reasonable amounts of money towards this thing. Washington would look good if we held a "DONATE TO OC3" tourney and it had a large attendence.

Wellllllllllllllll................
Since Dan's Tourney is expected to be a fatty, I suppose we can have next months GC a donation to OC3. I also think there might be a canada tourney in april =D
ill edit the title so mebe GC guy will see?
and ill post in the 0C3 thread.

its a good idea, i guess everyone else will have to get over it and go to dans tourney too. =P

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Otto stop acting like your words THE word lol... GC Guy decides because he owns the place, ami right, or ami right, or ami right, right? (groundhog's day anyone?)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i just dont like it, i go through phases of this remember? kinda like how every week i alternate hating smash and wanting to do nothing but smash?

maybe i'm just moody, haha every so often i just hate the concept of rankings all together
Gimpy has Smash PMS wat a girl

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I definately thnk the Donate to Gimpy Tournament is a good idea!

---------------------------------------------

A couple of things...
1 - Cant have two tournaments in April at GC, not enough weekends...
7th is day of/after All Night LAN
14th is reg SSBM
21st is WWU
28th is Halo2

2 - I am OK with making one of the tournaments in the near future, April, May, whatever, a Donations for OC. Count the 20% I keep as my donation to the tournament, so I will host it for free that weekend, which ever one you all decide.

3 - Possibly a better (though less money) idea is cut the Prize Pool (and the GC take) in half for one or two tournaments and use that 50% as a Donation. That way there is a reason to try and win the tournament. You can still use it for the PR, because money is given and people should try. 50% of the prize is better then no prize and if you do it across two tournaments, its the same as one tournamernt were all the money is given.
Just an idea...

4 - Otto - I read the board, so changing the title doesnt do anything for me as I never look at that :) Also a couple of you have my Cell # I think, call me if its something you want me to read right away.

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
Possibly a better (though less money) idea is cut the Prize Pool (and the GC take) in half for one or two tournaments and use that 50% as a Donation. That way there is a reason to try and win the tournament. You can still use it for the PR, because money is given and people should try. 50% of the prize is better then no prize and if you do it across two tournaments, its the same as one tournamernt were all the money is given.
Just an idea...
a much better idea then a pure donation tourny. Dont get me wrong I donated 100 something at oc2, but when i come to a tourny and take first I like to think I was able to turn a profit on a day insted of paying for food and 80 minutes of gas to get there and back.

PS its amirite.
ami right, or ami right, or ami right, right
or m i rite
amirite or amirite

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
I agree with GCs Guy and Blair. 100% donation would be pretty poopy. I'm pretty sure I'd only go Yoshi and Ness if I came. I'd also only counter-pick Pokefloats. The greed factor is just too great for anything else to happen.

And LoL @ Groundhogs Day.:laugh:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
good, that settles the donation, as soembody who actually has soemthing to do with how things are run has posted, and not otto who apparenltly thinks he can make gc's whenever/however he wants because he made the topic LOL

Eggz

Smash Hero
good, that settles the donation, as soembody who actually has soemthing to do with how things are run has posted, and not otto who apparenltly thinks he can make gc's whenever/however he wants because he made the topic LOL
And who's to say he doesn't >=[ *stabs you*

el oh el.

jay kay.

Blairs my favorite.

50% ftw.

rarw.

*rawr.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Unless things were said outside the SmashBoards, not sure why Otto is taking so much heat on this...

Sure he points me up for no appearent reason a few weeks ago, but I am not sure he deserves any bashing for the Donation idea or wanting to get it something set up.

Again, I maybe have missed some off-board talk or something, but based on what I have read on here, he is just eager to get something set up.

My thoughts...

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea I didnt mean anything too serious, I just was thinking Otto goes on a little power hype sometimes, its no big deal... and amirite indeed is what it is.

My bad, I do do that all the time I know. I'm just used to getting things set up like figuring out what tourneys are near and set up who's going. Setting the GC dates and stuff. Idk, but w/e.

"Again, I maybe have missed some off-board talk or something, but based on what I have read on here, he is just eager to get something set up."

it was gimpys idea. i think

the 50% thing is a great idea.
for 1v1s and 2v2s?

id set this kinda thing up as a poll if they werent so retrded and actually worked right. =P

Maith

Smash Cadet
I'd like to ganon ditto you newbking. $5 seem fair? yep, been a while, just been fixing my life...and killing brain cells, but aside from that. Anyone else (besides SW who I still owe a 1v1 against for $5) who wants to MM me?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll money match you several times

i'll take a ganon ditto like the one you offered to noobking and a couple bowser vs a char of your choice as well

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I'd like to ganon ditto you newbking. $5 seem fair? yep, been a while, just been fixing my life...and killing brain cells, but aside from that. Anyone else (besides SW who I still owe a 1v1 against for $5) who wants to MM me?
Sure Maith. Be sure to go to Dans tourney in April. I'll be there :). I'll try to keep a sharp ganon for then.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Wow... My school just had a tournament in ssbm

I never want to goto one of those again. Nothing like the ones at GC.

The school didnt even supply gamecubes and got lucky that me and fear brought them just because.

Top Bottom