• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Theres Tang 23.5 next weekend and I think Smash @ Ammons(Shanes?) this Friday.
You could come to my house tomorrow during the day if you like and then hang out with otto til he goes to monroe, youd have to check with them though.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Smash is probably gonna be at my house, I still have to check and stuff. D=

Otto, come over with Gimpy at like noonish. I dont wanna be bored all day.
Also that video was THE bombdiggedy.

Oh, and you can't come over tonight Otto. My dad is gay.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'll be coming to this.
I need to like, spend weekends practicing with your guys' group or crew or whatever. If any of you have played my brother Jamo.. You know he isn't enough to practice to be able to take you guys on once a month. Everyone in Marysville sucks so bad at smash.
But I'll be coming for this like usual. Plus I love playing smash just never get to play against good people besides once a month where I get beat after a few wins each time.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
uhh i certainly cant come over at noon, lol, i probably cant go anywhere till like 5, and that depends on whether lindsey wants to see a movie tomorrow or not, but she may be working

Shane I'm not going to Nate's till like 2 anyways.
How is this working out again? cuz my mom still says shes never driving me that far lol. but i have $ now.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Dan, call me tomorrow morning on my cell phone if you wanna hang out this week. I'll work something out so me, you, gimpy and ammon can smash. If both of you are down of course. Monday would work perfectly. I have a movie to see wiff a girl, but we'll see. D=

425-923-5796 if for some wierd reason you dont have it.

EMOMONEY

Smash Apprentice
eggz i love how you just post your phone number up on the intronet ya knwo what if some big fat gay name rick gets ahold of it that would be bad

EMOMONEY

Smash Apprentice
oh ok sorry i did not know there was a rule on that lol

GOD MY NAME IS NOT RICK! ! ! ! !

i hate you XERO

I'll be coming to this.
I need to like, spend weekends practicing with your guys' group or crew or whatever. If any of you have played my brother Jamo.. You know he isn't enough to practice to be able to take you guys on once a month. Everyone in Marysville sucks so bad at smash.
But I'll be coming for this like usual. Plus I love playing smash just never get to play against good people besides once a month where I get beat after a few wins each time.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'll be coming to this.

Washington Monthlies: Next Tourney: April 14th. 0C3 Donation Tourney. ALL COME!!!!!!!
I decided to make an Official Gameclucks thread so we don't have to keep making new ones, or keep having to wait for the GC guy to make one. This is also a Washington chat thread. Here are all the rules and conditions of the tournaments:

*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡ *̡͌l̡*
GameClucks
By Ryan XD

Address: 18717 76th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98037-4111, US

Rules
2v2, 1v1, and Others sometimes.
Double Elimination, Best 2 of 3 Matches
Time Limit set to 8 Minutes
Items set to OFF

Bracket Ranking
Ranking will be RANDOM drawing

Prizes
2v2 - 1st 50%, 2nd 30% (if more then 15 Teams it will be 40%, 25%, 15%)
1v1 - 1st 50%, 2nd 30% (if more then 25 entries it will be 40%, 25%, 15%)
Other tourney formats, we just give it all away.. (low Tier, Falcon only etc.)

Entry Fee
2v2 - $10.00 per Person
1v1 - $10.00 per person
Other Types - People decide together. Usually 5$ or lower so more people contribute.

Start Time
Register at 11:00am, starts at noon.
It usually won't, we wait for guests, bu we'd recommend showing up early, we don't like to wait.

Super Smash Brothers Melee
General Rules and Regulations
1. During scheduled warm-up periods the winner stays and the loser must get up., unless no one else tries to get nexties.
2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed, unless it was almost over and there was a clear winner.
3. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion. This won't happen though.
4. Any sign of cheating will result in an automatic forfeit. But who cheats?

Controllers:

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller. (BYOC)
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Don't use third party, their merchandise is terrible.

Tournament Format
Brackets will be made at random, and you will be seeded randomly...

Tournament Rules
1. Everyone starts in an Elimination Bracket.
2. The Elimination Bracket will be Double Elimination.
3. The Losers Bracket will have mixed placement to avoid players being eliminated by the same opponent that beat them in the Winner’s Bracket.
4. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
5. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
6. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
7. Items will be turned off of course.

Stages & Character Select
1. The first round stage is selected by random, but if both players (teams) can agree on a stage then the first match can be played on any stage they agree upon except one from the banned list below.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Venom, Yoshi's Island, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II, Termina, Corneria, Kongo Jungle, and Yoshi's Island 64.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Advanced Knock-out - each person may knock out one stage from the first round random select and one from the available counter picks. Both stages are off for the entire match.
6. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
7. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Special Team Rules
1. Team Attack will be on
2. Life stealing is allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game. Unless the other person doesn't mind.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format
1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a coin flip will determine the winner of the port. The loser may then choose whichever seat he wants.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character’s image to select it, they may not change characters
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then either agree on a stage together or select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge.

Bonus Tourney Rules
Any bonus tourney we have will have the rules of it posted here.

Characters Allowed in Low Tier Tourneys:

Link
DK
Young Link
Roy
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo
We all decided on banning Luigi, on account of he wins normal tourneys, lol. Also, every person there would be using him, and that's no fun.

Characters Allowed in Falcon Only Tourneys:

Falcon
Bowser

1v1 Team Battle Rules:

Think of it as a crew battle, except one person has a crew of two characters vs another person with two characters. EX. If I start out with my Fox vs Guy's Falco and I win with one stock left, I get to use sheik vs his next and last character. He then chooses his next character, of course characters are chosen before the tourney so there's no counter picking. You start the match. The person with the newly brought out character will wait for the opponent to kill off as many stocks as they lost in the last match, but damage will remain at 0%. Once at however many they ended with in the first match, you both stand on opposite sides of the stage, and someone will count to three then you may fight. If anyone loses both of their characters' 4 stocks or the 'team's' all 8 (Same thing) they lose. Stage selection's always random for this tourney. random stages are the same as the 1v1 tourney. Characters must be the same throughout the entire tourney and cannot be the same character.

2on2 Tourney Rules:

First you must get a team of two players. One person will play a person from the opposing team. Then the other person on each team will play each other. Deciding who plays who can be done as a blind/double blind pick or you can just agree on who plays who. If your team wins both matches (2-0), then you will win and advance. If one of your teammates wins and one loses, you must have the winners of those matches play for the advancement. Ex. Bob and Dan VS Jeff and Carl. Bob plays Jeff and Dan plays Carl. (They decided to do it that way I guess). Bob beats Jeff. Carl beats Dan. Now Carl and Bob must play to see who wins the 2on2 Battle.

Random Tourney:

This is just a randomly selected character tourney. You can't be the same person twice, unless you randomly select them again. When randomly selecting your character (Moving you button to the bottom right or left of the characters and pressing A, NOT B), you have to random three times in a row so we know you didn't press B choosing the last character you were on in place of a random one. If you random Zelda, you can choose whether you want Zelda or Sheik. The first stage would be randomly selected, and the stages are the same as the 1v1 tourney. The second match stage would be selected after characters are chose by the person who lost the first match. The third, fourth, or however many you need to do match, will be done in the same fashion. No banned characters, and you have to stick with what you get. If you're caught cheating or agreeing on characters, you will be disqualified.

Extra but Helpful Things:
-It says the start time is at Noon, but don't be frightened if you are late, we always wait for expected people to show. It will usually start by at least 1pm though.
-A while before and after the tournaments there is free play too.
-There will be one of these tourneys each month, at least there should be because there has been for about 7 months now.
-Just because we speak more of special tourneys such as Falcon only, does NOT mean there will not be a 1v1 and 2v2. Those two will ALWAYS be ran there and before all else.
-----------------
GC guy, I will update this thread with new dates whenever you tell me to. That's it. See you all there.

Top Bottom