• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Alright, now that I've killed all cats, I'll give shoutouts once more I guess

Reggie: How was the LAAAAAN??? Better than Gameclucks?? T_T

Nate: Your Marth is gettin' some fat mindgames. Can't wait to play you some more, great job @ 2nd.

Otto: Yay for us doing decent in 2v2s. Sorry for never wanting to go Sheik...ever. Lol.

Gonzales: You're getting better. If you keep playing and goin' to tourneys you'll probably start to get a lot better.

Sagemoon: Too bad we didn't get to play with any good characters XD.

Shane: Lol, I believe you have to have most recently beat Zandra before you can beat me XD. j/k...o am i

Paul: GG, too bad we didn't get to play untill like 50 hours into the tourney.

James: Great matches, I love watchin' your Samus do stuff. Have we ever played in-tourney matches before?? Like...ever? I don't think we have. How dumb.

Adam: Man our matches were way too good. Can't wait to play you more in March.

Adam's Fox friend: Lol, I don't think I ever got your real name...anyways, awesome Fox. Especially for only been playing for 3 months.

Teddy: Awesome matches. Your Peach is waaay too fun to play. I'm pretty sure Fox is dumb.

Sas: Wow...you need to be less...ya know...good. Or at least play the game more so I know HOW you're so good.

Ben: Nate's right. Try to focus on learning when and how to DI. I guarantee it will make you a much better player. Your Falco already has plenty of tech skill. Just work on the DI, and start thinking a little more about what you do in matches, and you'll improve by a lot.

Jeff: We didn't get to play in 1v1s at all T_T. You and Sas make a rediculously good team.

Nightblade: Hmmmm...HMMM...for someone who doesn't seem to take the game too seriously, you sure seem to be getting better at the game. Or at least that's what I hear from Shane. We should play like...at school some time XD.

Dan: Wow, calm down Dan. Good...game we had XD.

Mark: You as well need to calm down. You've definately gotten quite a bit better since last Gameclucks. I almost felt like I was playin' Nate's Falco for a second there in the 2v2s.

Anyways, as I said, great tourney. Except for the fact that I was like on an SD rampage...XD, j/k, j/k. Can't wait for...Dan's tourney?

Genesis - I enjoyed 4 stocking you in another mm. =D

Any bonus tourney ideas or suggestions?
Random high-top tier tourney?
I added the rules for the random tourney to the first post so's theres no confusion about certain things like if you get zelda, or how to pick characters.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if you get zelda you should DEFINITELY have to random to see if you are zelda or shiek, because having the option completly eliminates zelda from the low tier tourney and is incredibly stupid. as far as our matches go i could really care less, but thats just how random stuff works.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Brackets for this tournament will take me a few days as I had to make a crazy hack on the 1v1 bracket since I already generated thebracket and we started playing it when someone mentioned that I forgot them...

Thanks to all for coming! These tournaments (IMO) keep getting better and better!
33 entered for the 1v1! Not a record, but I think that puts us over 30 for like 5 of the last 6 or something...
So imagine had Touk, Loop, Blair and one or two others that are regulars made it... 36, 37, 38 people... thats frigging big!

Need more teams though!! 33 people there and only 12 teams?
Should have been like 15 teams!

Thanks again!!
GC Guy

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Oh...sweet double post (quickly becoming my trademark on this board)

Dan/Mark - If you all get a tournament set up in BHam, let me know. GameClucks will donate some cash to your tournament for prizes as a means of saying Thank You to you guys for making almost every tournament, just let people know that GC gave up some cash for it and then guilt some of them into coming down with you all to GC :)

Aftermath - Same as above to you guys in Oregon, only guilt them into coming Up to GC in your case. :)

Canada - Thanks to you all as well. Same as above... I have already sent cash that direction, so you know I will do it.

Without you three groups traveling, we would be 5-10 people less per tournament. So Thanks!!

Next Tournament - March 10th
http://www.gameclucks.com/forum/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=14&tid=5087

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
manacloud messaged me last night about a potential OC3, i need to talk to you WA guys about raising some money, also, if we do raise money for them to donate for the tourney to be actually possible they will likely be interested in coming here, ken said he'd consider it at least and manacloud seemed to think that chu and some others would be interested in coming to our big tourney.

i was thinking we could have an extra GC one month where some massive % goes towards OC3 and the rest goes to GC so he oesn't get completely shafted haha, but yeah, we help them, they help us. still just kinda a thought at this point (oc3 i mean) but i'm just letting everyone know, we will talk more about it later.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
So are you talking about sending cash to OC or figuring out a way to raise the money for a lot of you to go?

I think 5-10 of you all going would be a better show of support.

When is the proposed OC3?
I assume by OC it means Orange County?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Nah it means Zero Challenege. OC2 was the biggest tournament to date. I like the idea of an extra GC, and definitly the idea of an OC3

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
I managed to actually come to this site for once!

Anyway, great tournie, I'll try really hard to come to every GC from now on. Is fun!

Thanks for teaming with me Chris. I can't believe that I've never really done a double peach team before. It was a more fun and effective then I thought possible. Especially the beginning of that one match vs. my B-Ham Bros, Dan and Mark.... sorry guys for the downsmashes.

It was great and unexpected to see Canada and Oregon there, pleasure as always. No more Fox for Jesse, it makes me too sad.

Never got to play Nate, Mr. KA-Master or The Incredible Edible Eggz 1v1, maybe next time. Hopefully I'll have picked up more Sas tricksies by then.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sas trixies? T-T

what i was proposing btw, wasn't money for us to raise for us to make it there, but donations to the actual tourney, they are trying really hard to get bombsoldier to come and some other japanese smashers again, they need all the help they can get. its still in the "thinking about it randomly" stage though, so its no really a concern yet

EMOMONEY

Smash Apprentice
Silent Wolf- Nice matches with you at the end. Thanks for the tips (I’ll look into the smash fests)

Tori- Good job running the tournament. It was very smooth this time. I didn’t get to play you though

Eggz- Too good... Quit stealing my money.

Guy who I forgot your name- Nice money match. Down to the last stock

Emo$- lol when the noob guy called you bad in the 2v2 friendlies.

Emo$, PPA0, Other guy in that crew- Nice crew battle! We will def do that again next month (don’t let me get 8 stocks off you though XD)

Sastopher- Left too soon...

Blizzard- Your ice climbers improved a lot since last time. Work on getting some of the ice climber tricks down a bit more.

Gonzales- Ahh so close!!! I didn’t play you you as much in friendlies this time. See you in march

Gimpy- Link?! What happened to the mm marth vs bowser?

Spartamus- Lol “Pichu... I have to say i’m not scared” *4stocks pichu*

Fear- Grr after the tournament you are now even with me...

Nythius- Fun friendlies... Forgot what else to say..

Literally Lime- I’m only spotlighting you cause you’re my brother.

Ka-master- Omg random tournament I get boozer then pichu...

Everyone else- Thanks on the tournament. It was really fun this time and got my mind of my drama that’s been going on.
Oh i know when he said i want a new partner i wanted to stab him in the jaw he is like the worst partner ever when i was near him waiting for fear to come back so i can uair him away he had to do a up-b outta no where and messed me up so many times i lost count of all the momentum i had and that like spaz messed things up if he goes to next one MM his *** for 50 bucks lol nah jk

Gonzales- i dunno man are match WAY WAY to close i think we took everyround to the last stock i guess your falcon is juts as good as cloud zero lol but we should try and get more ganon v.s falcons more often in some friendlies

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh 0 (Zero) not O...
Ok... So then where is the tournament at?

Wouldnt 10 of you going to it and paying the entry fee somehow be better then just sending $100 or something?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Gameclucks guy, can you put up an Ad on the seattlesmash forums?
Ok.
I think that guy is monitoring my Forum and the MySpace Group as well as this board to do that. But I will post if its not on there.

Edit: Posted it on the Seattle Smash Forums. Also made some comments about MM's vs Gimpy and Eggz.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll be by later to pick up the sweater

i didn't do shoutouts yet, maybe i'll do those later today lol

i have a capture card now if ya'll didn't know, i've got sas vs ka on youtube already, my vids were in high demand from bowser guys so i uploaded like a billion of them the other day, but i'm looking through the last GC to see some good singles vids, then i'll work on the last GC's team vids because those are pwn sauce 5,000. singles from the current GC and a few doubles sets are also on their way, should be coming along fairly fast, its not hard to upload them now and its a good way to get my mind off my life anyways haha

except vids soon, maybe i'll make a gameclucks video thread as soon as i get enough XD

wa is too good ftw

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Gimpy, if you could try to put up the 5 match set of me against Adam I'd really appreciate it. And thanks for getting my sweatshirt.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Gimpy is by far the best housing for Canada, but if you guys wanna drive a half hour passed GC and stay at my place, more than welcome to.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if i'm available to house you, i'll house you, i really am the most convenient for any OOS staying in WA who wants to go to GC lol i'm like 3 seconds away from there

i'm just not positive when i can house people

Eggz

Smash Hero
If you house you guys still should come to Nate's the night before. Unless me Mike and Ammon go to Skyler's again for a while, then do what you want lol

Top Bottom