• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** MELEE MAYHEM!! ** Next One 1-23-10 ** HYPE NOW !!**

Hialeah305

Smash Rookie
well i talked to phil and some guy named Lee(host) makes $2 a head every ZP tourney. phil said he only wants 3 bucks from every head that shows. but i guess lee is for himself and not the community.(and i heard he smells). when i would hold rap battles in my hood, i had a 5 door fee that went str8 to to the owner of the venue. its not like this guy works at ZP, and i know no one else who holds Street fighter, counter strike, ect make any money AT ALL when they host at ZP.

maybe im lookin at it wrong, but i just think its ****ed up.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
well i talked to phil and some guy named Lee(host) makes $2 a head every ZP tourney. phil said he only wants 3 bucks from every head that shows. but i guess lee is for himself and not the community.(and i heard he smells). when i would hold rap battles in my hood, i had a 5 door fee that went str8 to to the owner of the venue. its not like this guy works at ZP, and i know no one else who holds Street fighter, counter strike, ect make any money AT ALL when they host at ZP.

maybe im lookin at it wrong, but i just think its ****ed up.

**** thats tru zp only costs 3 bucks. that is pretty messed up. good thing me and derek are gonna take that money back in doubles.

On another note....is anybody going to go to zp to practice today?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
100% of the pot goes to the players. 3$ of the door fee is for the venue. 2$ of the door fee is saved and goes towards things to make all of my tournaments better. Such as more controllers, a projector, TV's, etc.... Phil (the owner) knows this, I told him that from the get go, that all the extra money is going right back into the tournament/community.

Anyone that has been to any of my tournaments know that I host them strictly for the community. Especially if I host Melee tournaments where most Smash/Brawl players believe that its a dying game, I want to bring it back.

You really think that I'm trying to bank profit from a 20 man tourny??

I guess I'm a greedy overlord trying to rule and take over the universe.............. 2$ at a time. LoLz.

-L-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
But yea Hialeah305/Others if you could come out, compete and have fun that would be great. Its always good to see new faces playing Smash.

Doodah/Pete is funny lolz.

-L-

BiN Breezy

Smash Cadet
HEy on the tourney day are some people staying after the singles cause I am going to be to late for doubles and most likely late for singles. So if I do go it would be aroung 6ish and I would like to get some friendlies.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
oh ok well i dont think u have to worry about getting friendlies tmrw. they'll be a good amount of good players. but yea the miami smash scene is only like 20 to 30 ppl or so man

Linguini

Smash Master
100% of the pot goes to the players. 3$ of the door fee is for the venue. 2$ of the door fee is saved and goes towards things to make all of my tournaments better. Such as more controllers, a projector, TV's, etc.... Phil (the owner) knows this, I told him that from the get go, that all the extra money is going right back into the tournament/community.

Anyone that has been to any of my tournaments know that I host them strictly for the community. Especially if I host Melee tournaments where most Smash/Brawl players believe that its a dying game, I want to bring it back.

You really think that I'm trying to bank profit from a 20 man tourny??

I guess I'm a greedy overlord trying to rule and take over the universe.............. 2$ at a time. LoLz.

-L-
lol lee's tournaments are the ****, it's his effort and time, plus he runs em really well so no one has the right to complain.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
the **** is complaing about lee?

some kid whos never been to a tourney before?

who the **** cares?

also, lee, this money goes in your pocket so dont lie to us.

and if it doesnt go into your pocket, where's the stuff you bought with the money for tournaments.

i think its genius that youre making a profit from hosting tourneys, i should have thought about it when i had those three 50 man + tourneys.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
no i mean there isnt 40 people who play melee and want to get better/have fun/play with people on a regular basis.

theres like 25 max

Top Bottom