• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee gets to more French tournaments? Answer the poll!

Qlex

Smash Cadet
The French Melee Community needs your help!

The SouthWest Gamer Arena (short for SWGA), a notorius French fighting games community, has recently gotten interested in Melee. Their next event :

Les Veaux Bordelais. That's a pun referring the name Evo, from the Evolution tournament.

Ironically enough, they made a Evo-like poll saying "What fighting game do you want to see at this event?", and Melee's on it!

https://www.facebook.com/LesVeauxBordelais

The SWGA will take these results into account, not only for Les Veaux Bordelais, but possibly for other tournament-related events where Melee will gain more weight in France, like the Stunfest, or the World Game Cup.

If everything goes well, that makes :

Les Veaux Bordelais -> Stunfest -> World Game Cup

Everything in France, but the latter two are the real deal. They gather players from across the whole World for video game tournaments, the event is very professional and broadcasts the top 8 of way more than ten 64-spot tournaments.

The poll is absolute : The winner of this poll definitely makes it to Les Veaux Bordelais, no money needed at all, and there's only one week left before it closes!

We're counting on you!

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Three mouse clicks, that is how much effort I put in to helping you. Hope it was enough

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Trust me, this is more than enough. :) Thank you for your time!

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I need to move to France apparently. They seem to have a big DOA and SC scene. Very refreshing considering the Capcom saturation in NA.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I helped out as well, everyone should really. The effort it takes is completely minuscule compared to the reward even though most of us won't see the reward. It's just a matter of being unselfish.

Armada

Smash Lord
Three mouse clicks, that is how much effort I put in to helping you. Hope it was enough
That's all the effort that it takes to help out in a case like this. I find it so weird that so many people are so lazy that something that take 2seconds is something that is "to much" to do.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Voted, posted on Smash UK's fb page. Spread the word, guys.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I helped out as well, everyone should really. The effort it takes is completely minuscule compared to the reward even though most of us won't see the reward. It's just a matter of being unselfish.
When a scene grows, it can affect the other ones. More activity in a country can help the neighbourg communities. So you may end up seeing something :D

Thanks for the help, guys !

Edit : LOL, Melee went from 33 votes to 140 in a few minutes

ycz12

Smash Ace
Is SFIV not on the poll because it's already guaranteed a spot? Seems weird because Marvel and KoF and TTT2 are all choices.

(PS I voted. Good luck!)

TreK

Is "that guy"
It needs to be on the top of the page like Prog's thread was last month.

Or something like that. We need to get it exposure.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Just deleted my Facebook but I forwarded this to the Finnish Smash forums, this should be a snatch after the EVO run

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Melee needs to do an Evo and unexpectedly (from the outsider's POV) destroy the competition.

None of that close '20 votes difference' garbage.

Only destruction is acceptable.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I vote, behind by 300 votes and barely ahead of the rest of the games. "Man I hope people care about the French scene enough to help them out."

I check later, ahead second by 100 votes. <3 this community...except we actually have to go to the tournaments when they accept us you know T_T

Tero.

Smash Champion
Voted. Posted in the German FB Group and on the German boards

Slhoka

Smash Lord
WAIT !
Please stop voting now.

Basically, we showed how strong a support Melee has, but that may have been a bit too much. The fact that this many people from abroad voted is amazing, but let's be realistic: hardly a foreigner would attend this tournament, unless it turns out to be REALLY big.
That's what the other communities are saying (even though it's fair to add they have a good share of foreign players and false accounts among their votes), and it's quite true.
Melee is currently developing a lot in France, and this requires to get rid of this separation between us and the local FGC. Winning this sondage with the brute force we've displayed so far wouldn't be a smart move right now.

The important thing is that the Melee community showed it was ready to step, and that's what really matters.

Basically, you've been too amazing guys, thanks a lot :D

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Just a quick word to say they got it all sorted out. We are having a premiere 32-man tournament with cash prize there, and the French smashers are increasingly interested in coming to make a good contact with the French FGC. Hopefully more to come :)

Thanks a lot guys, we love you

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Only in the Melee community could we have a situation where our game got "too many votes" haha. Good job guys.

Top Bottom