• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
How does this input delay tester work? Does it test for delay on HD tvs and stuff like that or something completely different? I have no idea how it would if it's the former.

NNID
dansalvato
How does this input delay tester work? Does it test for delay on HD tvs and stuff like that or something completely different? I have no idea how it would if it's the former.
I just added a description to the code in the OP that describes what the code does and how to use it.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Does anyone have a gct with all/most of these codes?

Not trying to sound lazy I can make it myself,it would just save time and help people that do not know how to make the gct.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

Not trying to sound lazy I can make it myself,it would just save time and help people that do not know how to make the gct.
That would actually be really useful, I'm surprised I haven't seen one posted yet. I'd post mine if I had one but most of IE's codes are for v1.2 and I use a v1.0 ISO with only .dol edits and no gecko codes. Speaking of which, does anyone know where the post is about converting codes or making them into .dol injections? I know I've seen it somewhere..

Doq

Smash Lord
It's called "The DOL Mod Topic" and it's on the first page of the Workshop. You've found the right one if SypherPhoenix started it.

Nah I'll just link to it. :link2:

NNID
dansalvato

Download the SSBM Code Tools file from the guide in the OP. It contains a text file with many of the codes from this post, so just load it into Ocarina Code Manager (also included in the zip) and select the codes you want.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Hey InternetExplorer, would it be possible to add a character (or more likely, replace an uncommon character) with a ditto character? That would just give you the same character as your opponent every time

Doq

Smash Lord
Hey InternetExplorer, would it be possible to add a character (or more likely, replace an uncommon character) with a ditto character? That would just give you the same character as your opponent every time
Not to go "wtf" and offend anybody, but...

1. Can't you just pick the same character as your opponent?
2. Which opponent gets dittoed?
3. What if everybody is ditto?

I don't think this would work. But idk, IE has done a lot of cool **** (taunt battle!!!)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
DVD Err(1062), Disc ID
What does this mean? It's the error I'm getting using GeckoOSMod to try and start it.

I've been able to USB load Melee plenty of times with DIOS-MIOS and the DIOS MIOS enabled CFG, Not sure what I'm doing wrong that prevents it from loading via geckoosmod

NNID
dansalvato
DVD Err(1062), Disc ID
What does this mean? It's the error I'm getting using GeckoOSMod to try and start it.

I've been able to USB load Melee plenty of times with DIOS-MIOS and the DIOS MIOS enabled CFG, Not sure what I'm doing wrong that prevents it from loading via geckoosmod
If you use DIOS MIOS then you don't even need to use Gecko OS Mod, just use DIOS MIOS and enable Ocarina codes in the CFG Loader settings.

However, to address that error, I found this forum post which seems to be informative: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,5823.msg72887.html#msg72887

Also note that Gecko OS Mod can only run retail discs, and not backups.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Where do I put the .GCT in that case? In SD/codes? I tried that and it wouldn't work, but it's entirely possible I'm doing something else wrong.
I tried using both the CFG app and the DM app, went into options and enabled cheats, but when I load, it's just regular melee, no input delay tester, no flash on L-cancel, no taunt canceling, etc.

NNID
dansalvato
Where do I put the .GCT in that case? In SD/codes? I tried that and it wouldn't work, but it's entirely possible I'm doing something else wrong.
I tried using both the CFG app and the DM app, went into options and enabled cheats, but when I load, it's just regular melee, no input delay tester, no flash on L-cancel, no taunt canceling, etc.
Make sure you have Melee v1.02, DIOS MIOS v2.10, and CFG Loader v70r65. The correct location is sd:/codes/GALE01.gct but it may also be worth trying usb:/codes/GALE01.gct

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Actually nvm, I have them working, but neither the input delay tester of flash on l-cancel would work (which is what I was checking for and thought that none of the codes worked). Which kinda sucks, those are the two I wanted most.

Btw, have you considered making a code that just changes the default game settings to four stock, 8 minute, friendly fire on? I know SDR has this code (did you make it for them?) so it probably already exists somewhere.

NNID
dansalvato
Actually nvm, I have them working, but neither the input delay tester of flash on l-cancel would work (which is what I was checking for and thought that none of the codes worked). Which kinda sucks, those are the two I wanted most.

Btw, have you considered making a code that just changes the default game settings to four stock, 8 minute, friendly fire on? I know SDR has this code (did you make it for them?) so it probably already exists somewhere.
The code exists. I didn't make it, nor do I know where to find it.
I would appreciate if somebody would provide a link to existing useful codes. I'll add them to the OP even though I didn't create them (and will make this clear). It would be nice to have all Melee codes in one accessible spot, and this thread tends to hover around the top of the Melee Workshop. I might as well repurpose this thread to a categorized general codes thread and have it stickied.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is it possible to make a code like z cancel in ssb64 where you just stand, instead of reducing landing lag negate it completely.

That would make some really fast battles.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You could just reduce the landing lag on all aerials to like 4 frames without using a special code. But that would mean non l cancels would be insane also

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Not to go "wtf" and offend anybody, but...

1. Can't you just pick the same character as your opponent?
2. Which opponent gets dittoed?
3. What if everybody is ditto?

I don't think this would work. But idk, IE has done a lot of cool **** (taunt battle!!!)

You definitely can, I just like to ditto people a lot when playing friendlies and was talking with a friend who came up with the idea for ditto to be a playable character. If everyone is ditto, it just randoms a character that you all play. If it's teams or FFAs, it would be decided randomly or on port priority

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Is it possible to make a code like z cancel in ssb64 where you just stand, instead of reducing landing lag negate it completely.

That would make some really fast battles.
I'm pretty sure IE's talked about this kind of thing before. The main reason (iirc) he hasn't made any codes like that is because he would have to program the IASA for each and every move and that's tedious as f*ck. The main request he gets regarding this is to make a code for L-Cancel everything like in the Melee Impossible video.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I'm pretty sure IE's talked about this kind of thing before. The main reason (iirc) he hasn't made any codes like that is because he would have to program the IASA for each and every move and that's tedious as f*ck. The main request he gets regarding this is to make a code for L-Cancel everything like in the Melee Impossible video.
Ok thanks for the reply the L cancel codes already here are great just, thought that could be done.

Doq

Smash Lord
I can't get any of these codes to work, but this (older version?) linked in this thread, does work: http://smashboards.com/threads/flash-on-l-cancelling.314306/

Any time I use the codes in this thread, I get a "Do not use master codes" error. Any idea what might be going wrong? I'm using the newest version of Dolphin, 4.0.1
Most of the newer codes on this thread are Gecko codes i.e. they go in the Gecko section of the config.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
IE's been asked for AI codes like teching and DI many times. As far as he's told anybody, he currently doesn't know how to work with Melee's AI.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How do i go into debug mode once I've enabled the AR code for it, and how do i know how to work it is there instructions?

Kadano

Magical Express

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Requesting flash on reaching max height of jump as an indicator for when to fast fall.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What you call a dash is a run and what you call a foxtrot is a dash. ;)

http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee/Master_Debug_Menu
I have a debug menu code built into my Iso i downloaded apparently or something, which is 1.2, and I have cheats enabled. But the code doesnt work as i enter any mode and it plays like normal. The code is 0422D638 38000006 , and I tried inserting the AR codes from ur website but it rejects adding them

Could this be from my lack of memory card being saved? I have none saved so i can play dolphin melee online netplay (i also disabled the code they had for stuff when i used the debug menu code)

also by the way Game Modifier code always froze my dolphin when i enabled it, though i dont think i need it for anythingh besides a few codes they have listed

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
IE, I don't mean to go ever so slightly off topic in a codes for melee thread, but have you considered making a lot of these for P:M? Obviously many of them it doesn't need, but it'd be amazing to have an input delay tester for P:M. Granted, I guess you could just load up melee with the code, but that's kind of an awkward work around, especially for people who have no intention of playing melee. Also, is there some not-obvious-to-me reason I couldn't get input delay tester working with my 1.02 iso? I had the taunt canceling, taunt battle, and white-during-shield-stun codes enabled and working just fine, but the input delay tester wouldn't work with those. Flash on L-cancel also didn't work, I had those all in the same .gct.

NNID
dansalvato
IE, I don't mean to go ever so slightly off topic in a codes for melee thread, but have you considered making a lot of these for P:M? Obviously many of them it doesn't need, but it'd be amazing to have an input delay tester for P:M. Granted, I guess you could just load up melee with the code, but that's kind of an awkward work around, especially for people who have no intention of playing melee. Also, is there some not-obvious-to-me reason I couldn't get input delay tester working with my 1.02 iso? I had the taunt canceling, taunt battle, and white-during-shield-stun codes enabled and working just fine, but the input delay tester wouldn't work with those. Flash on L-cancel also didn't work, I had those all in the same .gct.
I know far more about Melee's in-game code than I do about Brawl's, and I don't really plan to write the same codes for PM. Also, the input delay tester sees mixed results all the time, I guess I was sloppy designing it. Try booting it with no other codes.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I tried using it with no other codes- the game loaded properly until the title screen. I pressed start and the game froze, but played the menu music as if I had successfully passed the title screen.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Are there ways to make taunt be replaced with posing in the result screen?

I think it might be realizable.
Because in Adventure mode and after defeating Bowser, characters do posing of result screen on FD.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you knew where the animation was pointed to in Falcon's .dat, I could easily do this

Top Bottom