• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
yo is it possible that someone here could've ddos'd mrfanatiq's stream? because if so, and if it was one of us, not cool.

p.s. downvoting the skullgirls guys on reddit? also not cool. Dont stoop to that level.

(p.p.s. i dont actually know whether the second one is actually happening or not since i swore off that site and am never going back to it, but still...not cool)

wqqqqwrt

Smash Cadet
yo is it possible that someone here could've ddos'd mrfanatiq's stream? because if so, and if it was one of us, not cool.

p.s. downvoting the skullgirls guys on reddit? also not cool. Dont stoop to that level.

(p.p.s. i dont actually know whether the second one is actually happening or not since i swore off that site and am never going back to it, but still...not cool)
It was mainly me. And their thread is basically all propaganda. It's not even a legit thread.

Bob thy dead

Smash Rookie
Want to point this out to people here. Didn't bother reading through the last few pages other than like 2 or 3, but there is a drive going on right now to raise more money for Melee to get into Evo.

http://www.twitch.tv/trihex/new

He's holding a mini-marathon and a raffle to win a new SNES, with all donations going directly to Melee's race. Right now he is up to almost $3000, which would be a HUGE push in Melee's favor right now.

Also I sadly just learned about this tonight after I spent a large portion of my state taxes (and federal will come in too late), but I will be donating some to this on Wednesday after I get paid. It probably won't be any more than like 20 bucks, but hey, every bit counts right?

Bob thy dead

Smash Rookie
Its a pretty large amount when there is only what, 3 days left to donate to this? I believe it ends on the 31st, correct?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
The problem is that right now, they are getting support from some of the voice actors that are in the game itself, as well as the friends of these voice actors. People such as Kyle Hebert (narrator for Funimation DBZ/Adult Gohan among others, ironically), Erin Fitzgerald, Little Kuriboh, etc have been retweeting the donation stream for Skullgirls. This newfounded support is beginning to give them some late game momentum. We're going to need to watch ourselves.

Number 13

Smash Rookie
Im just gonna say this now. Hope For your Sake you got more then 3k stashed for a Snipe

BrandX

Smash Ace
2.5k? Well that is certainly quite an amount!

This competition is getting so close! Good job to both the SG's and SSBM communities!

So many bombs will collide, only one shall stand from the ashes!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Im just gonna say this now. Hope For your Sake you got more then 3k stashed for a Snipe
...we do actually. The money tonight was all from tonight...we wanted to keep our lead...we made it bigger.

Anyways, apparently we're mass bombing their reddit and LoL stuff...I know nothing about that, fanatiq obviously trying to play the upstanding fellow while repeating that we had malicious intent 10 times. Sad we going all dragon ball but they got Adult Gohan as an incentive.

Anways tonight was good, lol'd when we charged the spirit bomb and then trihex couldn't throw it...tok another 15 mins..like a real DBZ episode. Basically we did this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k24GL0Hl0w0 Now I'm off to bed cause it's 3 ****ing 30 and i'm all Residentsleeper for school tomorrow. Good **** on 28.5k vs. 26.5k or something like that.

dkuo

Smash Lord
That's like a snipe stash....for one person. I mean someone dropped 4k didn't they?
we can't be relying on single people like that ~_~ i really doubt another surprise single 4k drop will happen again

but yea we got this

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
literally everything from tonight was spur of the moment. This wasnt some huge donation drive that we had planned out in advance, it was one guy on twitch who really wanted to help out and the community got behind him. So this is what happens in one night when we're not even really focused. Best be worried about what happens when we are :embarrass:

Number 13

Smash Rookie
We had less then a day notice for Fanatiq Stream, not counting the VA who showed up without prior notice

Hardly planned in the grand scheme of things

Something planned a couple weeks ahead however...

In any case GL for the last few days

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'll throw my hat into this....

http://www.youtube.com/user/NinBuzz
This is a community channel that I upload Smash Bros videos to. Right now it has 95,722 subs. I can donate $1 for every new sub up to $30. (I wish I could do more :( )

The channel is HUGE so it would be a waste not to utilize it. If you want to mention the donation drive to some of the users, I just got a Smash Bros video uploaded so it's probably still fresh in a lot of users sub boxes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ModoSQork
That video was made months ago btw.

dkuo

Smash Lord
would it be possible for you to make a shoutout to the donation drive in the form of a quick video? with the wepay link and such and so

subbed btw :D

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I'll throw my hat into this....

http://www.youtube.com/user/NinBuzz
This is a community channel that I upload Smash Bros videos to. Right now it has 95,722 subs. I can donate $1 for every new sub up to $30. (I wish I could do more :( )

The channel is HUGE so it would be a waste not to utilize it. If you want to mention the donation drive to some of the users, I just got a Smash Bros video uploaded so it's probably still fresh in a lot of users sub boxes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ModoSQork
That video was made months ago btw.
Subscribed. Any chance you could upload a video about the donation drive? With that many subscribers it would be great exposure.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I would if I could, but since I don't actually own the channel, I have very little control over that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Damn man, if you make a video encouraging smashers to donate. That could be quite a wad of cash if only a fraction of your subscribers are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom