• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee and ssb4.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
There's nothing wrong with wanting the next smash to be.... well.... Good. Go on son, say you want melee 2.0

:phone:

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
SOMETIMES i wish ssb4 would suck, that way even brawl players would realize that there's nothing more for smash since 08, and somotimes..just sometimes i wish with all my heart that Nintendo look back for a moment...but i guess that's not going to happen. money talks ppl lol

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
SOMETIMES i wish ssb4 would suck, that way even brawl players would realize that there's nothing more for smash since 08, and somotimes..just sometimes i wish with all my heart that Nintendo look back for a moment...but i guess that's not going to happen. money talks ppl lol
It's already been said that Smash 4 is being taken in a different direction, it might be so different both Melee and Brawl players might dislike it. I'm just hoping to see another competitive based game that i can dedicate my time to like i did with Melee.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing my opinnions out there: Combos ARE a a big part of what makes fighting games fun. IIRC it was in sf2 that the combos were introduced and then the fg rage started and it became a standard for other fighters. IMO fighters are all about the feeling of flow, about constantly outmanouvering your opponent.

And yeah Brawl failed for me and it wasn't the removal of ATs or the lack of [INSERT REMOVED CHARACTER].

It was because it was a fighter without combos, with tripping, that favored running away, stocks and matches last foreeveeer, some characters play absolutely NOTHING like their former selfs, smash balls turned fights into lame chasing...it killed the hype and that ruined it for me. And I consider myself a cassual, for me is not about ssb4 being like melee 2.0, is about it NOT being brawl 2.0 or 3.0 or X.0 or w/e

Vkrm

Smash Lord
A common argument from brawl supporters is that combos are cool, as long as you're not the one in the combo. If you aren't, you are powerless to stop your opponent. They ignore that brawl has inescapable locks and chain grabs that you can't get out of. Brawl vs melee debates have really changed, it's pretty much common knowledge that brawl is worse than melee. We fight over how bad brawl is, we know it's bad, we're not sure how much worse it is.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
A common argument from brawl supporters is that combos are cool, as long as you're not the one in the combo. If you aren't, you are powerless to stop your opponent. They ignore that brawl has inescapable locks and chain grabs that you can't get out of. Brawl vs melee debates have really changed, it's pretty much common knowledge that brawl is worse than melee. We fight over how bad brawl is, we know it's bad, we're not sure how much worse it is.

Melee still has DI and tech. So implying that escaping combos is impossible is a foul statement. Brawl's chains however, you cannot get out of until you reach the damage ratio required to escape.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
No, Pichu was implying that what regular brawlers imply about combos in melee is incorrect. He was agreeing with him, in a sense, by contradicting the same thing as him in a different way.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
???

Vkrm never said Melee has inescapables. What are you talking about at all?
Thought it would be obvious that my response to him would represent me agreeing with him.

I was talking about how you actually have more control over your metagame in Melee than in Brawl when it comes to getting involved in combos/chains. So yes, Melee does not have inescapables while Brawl does.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I've just seen most times when a person is agreeing with someone and adding onto what they're saying that they'll use "Plus" or some other indicator to imply they're compounding the original person's statements.

Sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Top Bottom