• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee and Smash 64 Rosters Brawl-ized!

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Just got bored and quickly slapped these together, the first two games full rosters in Brawl's layout. Helps put how much the game has grown in perspective. :)

SUPER SMASH BROS. (64)

SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL

Yes, they are lined up by series and such.

Edit: Oh crap, there's a more specific area for media like this. Anyone feel free to move this.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Oh boy, that reminds me of how small the SSB64 roster was.

EDIT: By the way, I think you deserve a "Good job" for doing this.

cdilink

Smash Apprentice
It's just a simple edit, but I wonder how would old designs for the characters look in today's graphics...

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Wow, I had forgotten how small the 64 roster was. Only 8 initial characters, then 4 unlockables. Crazy.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
hmmm.... it makes me miss Dr. Mario and Roy and Mewtwo a little bit. Pichu not so much.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Good job.

Wow, I never ever thought that the Melee roster would look tiny, but it does. SSB64's just looks microscopic.

Ilex

Smash Ace
This makes me wonder how I was so overjoyed with the character selection in SSB64 yet I think the Brawl one is just mehish. It makes you realize how you really take the vast roster in SSBB for granted.

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
Between SSB and Melee, 13 characters were added (none removed). Between Melee and Brawl, 15 characters were added, but 4 (5 including Young Link) were removed. So technically, only 11 (10 including YL) were added. Couldn't we have gotten 14 characters at least to trump the SSB--Melee character addition?

EDIT: Those extra four would create a nice, clean column to stick in to the roster. Nothing would be disturbed. DLC PLEASE.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
Haaaah. Brings back memories. Good job! d(^∀^)

But it does make me miss Pichu a bit. :/

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
The Melee roster looks smaller when its shown like that...well it does to me anyway.

I could have survived with Melee had it only had 3 characters, I only ever used Kirby, Captain Falcon and Ness. I never touched any of the others.

But with all the great newcomers in Brawl, I can see myself using around 15 characters (I dont have Brawl yet)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
In the melee screenshot you should switch the positions of Zelda/Shiek and Young Link and the positions of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo so it matches up with the Brawl list.

Nice work though.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the bump, but I just read through the comments. Thanks for the good words, guys.

The placement and orientation seems so random...
Well they're sort of lined up top to bottom like in Brawl. In the 64 one the first row is Mario characters/spin-offs, the second row is realistic characters, and the third row is cartoony characters.

Melee was a bit harder to sort out into four-character columns. The first column is Mario characters. The second is Mario spin-offs, and well... Kirby, because there was a hole there and Kirby's all alone. Next is Legend of Zelda (with Young Link beside Link because they're connected, rather than being from different games like in Brawl), followed by Pokemon (Mewtwo's the only guy I really miss). After that the series with only two characters are stuck in the bottom right corner, and the miscellaneous ones on top.

It could be better, but there was no easy way to organize it. Other than the three main series with a lot of characters (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon), Melee's roster is pretty random and unorganized to begin with anyway.

Top Bottom