• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - SEAT1. September 22-23, 2005.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
How are these people retiring from the scene when they were never employed? Or even awarded prize money?! I think I shouted someone a burger once, does that count as a form of payment? O_o =p

I'm still broke. But I still plan to come to Ei2.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reasons to keep playing smash -

- The challenge of Quez, and to a lesser extent Kenton.
- The social side, meeting new people and catching up with friends.
- Interstate rivalry with Em/Shaz and to a lesser extent CATS/Cao
- Help increase Perth smash scene to compete with Melbourne's.

Now, to address those above points.

- Quez and Kenton rarely play anymore, and I've been too busy to organise something.
- Other than Sweden, I'm not meeting any new people through smash anymore.
- Em and Shaz are retiring/have retired.
- There will always be less of us, especially when people are lazy and don't bother travelling large distances.

Hmm, we shall see.

I might quit after Sweden, if it looks bleak after that. That's of course assuming that I earn enough money to get to Sweden.

On a completely different note:

Shaz, Em, sad to see you guys go, you were always top smashers in Australia, and it was fantastic fun every single match we had. Hope we still remain friends.

Hooroo.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe this...
Bored of smash? How so? What does it mean to retire from competitive Smash? Does it mean you won't try to maintain your level of skill anymore? I think the scene has a rising group of stars ready to tackle the likes of Ryan, Shaz and Em (given a little bit more time). I hope your statements aren't anything official because once you guys are gone, gone is the rest of our motivation and our aspiration to get anywhere. Also, the benchmark of Aussie smash would drop significantly. I can't tell any of you what to do, but I just wanna let you know your decisions have a bigger impact than what you may at first think. I for one am just beginning to enjoy smash and like many, my future depends on your involvement.
There's a big difference between being bored and not having fun. What I don't understand is how you take part in something so successful and fun like SEAT and then decide to 'retire'? Come on guys, this is aussie smash, it's different, you don't 'retire' from it. If you are bored, then please just wait, I promise we are coming...

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
All this retirement business is quite gay. As freddo said a lot of people look up to both Shaz and Em and aspire to one day be a challenge to them. This is what is known as motivation and to take that away is the equivalent of a hard kick in the groin.

Thanks a lot guys, now I wont be able to walk for a week.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
What this means for Shaz and Em is that they are no longer going to go out of their way to get better in Smash. It's understandable when those guys have noone locally to matchup to (hence being bored - and losing the motivation to actually get better) So this does not mean they'll quit Smash nor will they actually lose their skill - they are definently going to come to SEAT2 like they said, because it was most importantly, fun. So everybody should take a chill pill - it's not like many people who proclaim themselves to 'retire' actually do - they just come crawling back when they realise just how fun Smash, and it's community is, ja.

Shaz: "Give me a reason to come back to your lovely and sexy Smash Scene! :) "
Em: "Cao holding SEAT2 = Convenient for majority of the Vics. If thats going as planned, I ain't spendin' $500 for a perth tix. lolz"

Are these the words of retirees? There's nothing to worry about guys.

Cheers.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
retired huh?

HA! u dont know how many people say that but are acctually not retiring

So pretty much like CAOTIC said..

so when u Austrailins coming to Canada.. im waiting to vs u guys :)

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Heh, They'll miss not playing smash and wanna play when they see everyone else is. If only we had someone that could actually beat them most matches -_-

Anyway doesn't matter because next year smash revolution will be out and you can bet they will wet their pants over that :laugh:

Atleast now someone NEW can win SEAT2 ;)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Don't worry about people saying "I quit". Its just a way of getting attention. See as soon as they said it, not only did they give evidence of not truly withdrawing as the statement leads one to believe, but they are also getting a lot of pats on the butt from everyone who thinks they mean it. They're not quitting, they're just gay.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Pritty much what jon has stated is pritty acurate. it's pritty much a plead for a bit of attention.
Especially seing at how skilled some of these guys are. You make smash brothers sound so serious by actually stating your going to retire(Lol retire from a game). I mean where not going to think any different of you guys if you do decide to quit.

kupo

Smash Lord
I mean where not going to think any different of you guys if you do decide to quit.
*Cough*BS*cough*

The "king of assumption" will start beating everying miraculously, and basing it on those matches and start claiming "I'm God Tier Biatches! I can 4 stock Shaz and Em!!!"

[/randomness and stupidity rocks]

Some people have been calling me a traitor for quittin'...well ya know what...

I dUn CArE! yOu KiSs mY bUtT! >=p

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Well we cant pretend that smash is so fun that it last's forever. Eventually everyone will quit and move on and Shaz then emily (40 minutes later) have decided to do it first. For the people who are the original and old group, I'm not sure about how you feel of new people coming in and maybe intrudeing? But I don't know why anyone would care if they quit competative smash, there both nice enough to still play everyone in friendlies and act like they care about what happens in competative or watch us then it's exactly the same as when they used to be in it, only this time someone new will win. Because for once Emily wont be in a comp :laugh: hip hip hooray, that gives someone else a chance to move up and hold the title of smash king/queen dragqueen whatever you wanna be called!!

Ok now im just rambleing on because im a bored loser with no life and want a higher post count for no reason. And then there is Smash revolution OMG yes, do you know how many new smashers there will be, and they will want to get good aswell and stick with the smash scene wewt!! And then Emily and Shaz will step back in and reclaim their title woowhooo! And we can have SEAT 3 next year (1hich will be the last SEAT for smash cube) and SEAT4 will be for revolution!!!! FUNFUNFUNFUNFUN.. I hope it works out like that. DOes anyone find me stupid and annoying? :urg:

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I’ll show you some hardcore ramble.

Well I could say you are getting on my nerves but I manage to look at the humorous side of it.
Please stop fulling my brother’s head with nonsense. He will be a family disgrace if he plays sheik. Sebastion who cares what people think of ya if they cant accept you for who you are thats their loss.

I dont see why the so called original gang would care about new people becoming interested in smash brothers. It be a little sad if it did annoy them. The olnly thing I can think of that would possibily be a hassle is the conflict of personalities. And I think that also just takes time.

Anyhow about the revolution there is no guarantee that smash is going to be as good as it was on game cube. And the idea could be completely different and a lot of the older smashers could lose interest. But then again it could be good, that’s the thing you can’t really guess where smash is going.

I always thought I was the king of assumption, but it looks like you have gone ahead and predicted the whole smash future. Anyway you’re missing the point of what makes a good smasher. I just decided to bring this up because of all the talk of these god players that live in the so called sky.

1. Determination
2. Interest

That’s pretty much what makes someone better at smash brothers. Time, for some people it takes longer than others. There are other factors for me such as anxiety but
these effects fade after time and can be over come with time.

The constant ramble of this smasher is so good and ken is god tier, Emily and Shaz have retired and now Australia smash scene sucks. You guys keep forgetting you can be this good it just requires dedication and time. Just talk yourself up man, all of us guys are improving. Also they have been playing high level smash, playing good people helps you to improve at a much faster rate then playing cpu's or average Joe's. I mean everyone starts at the basics even emily shaz and ken.

You’re also forgetting about the people who work just as hard preparing meets and making seat possible. I have not yet thanked these people for the organisation of seat. Thanks gang. Anyway I’m talking a lot of crap now but I just want people to understand that anyone can be good at smash it just takes time and dedication.
But you proberly already know all this.

Ya in the end it's all in good fun. And I spose this board could be used for discussion of future seats.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I love you Seb, even if you're a nub. Anyone who believes the words of Shaz and Em are nubs, pure and simple XD.

MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
if she really quits and not go to SEAT2, CATS can win all the prize money lol
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
he can finally get paid for playing games!!
!!!HIRUMA!!! says:
lol cats getting paid
*~*ÃnBu*~*[Tu Fui, Ego Eris] says:
lol if theres prize money i'm definitely playing LOL
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
no em you quit!!
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
XD
can't stop me biatch!!
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
more money for CATS
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
XD
RANDOMIZATION viscom and art due first day back im DOOMED says:
lol
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
see? the community has nothing to worry about
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
i appealed to em's Americanism (money)
cats doesn't need money rofl
that was a long retierment
ask MArkarse says:
it on and off trent
ask MArkarse says:
shaz for example
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
and she crwaled back just like that
=P
shaz will want the money too
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
hes living off gummis
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
XD
with cats
rofl
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
rofl em
Dread Lord Multani says:
Small bois?
lol
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
richard added me today - that guy is serious about owning woot
he hasn't added me
baaastard
lol
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
thats cus you QUIT
so =P
we can talk about bleach
lol
xD
!!!HIRUMA!!! says:
Yehs
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
so if youve quit, youre of no use to him
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
feeling left out emilwwwyu?
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
**** cao =P
MR. WOLFENFOX. says:
tee hee
i'm owned
xD

The Young and the Smashless is never-ending, heh.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
ThunderMistress said:
If smash is not fun, smash is not smash.

Doesn't matter how you play it, as long as you have fun : P

Whee.
CONCUR'D, without a doubt. Friendly Rivally with cao gives ME a reason to improve, and I also use it for social stuff, otherwise I'd suck at life...

Cao, we need to smash in antartica. That would truely be "neutral territory". :rofl:

TM, don't aworry about how you look, you were cute anyway ;).

As for Sha *ahem*Harken's comments about myself, I think you're right on the money there. Come on down to my house again!!! Team sexy animal really forced me to move.

SEAT was another place that upped my skill heaps, and it's gonna continue, with Harken's help.

And that's it.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
LOL at all the above. Maybe shaz n em will join club 'play for fun now' with me. This could prove to be a great learning experience. Emily might pull down her walls of smash and ppl will finally learn how to beat her. Maybe not. Anywho, i hope they both still play well enough to be a kind of 'boss' fight.

lol my post count...you can see i dont post much. Can you beleive i started here around when emily did? (im aware of what the left thing says) ^^;

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I see Mic caught on to the essence of Cao's post ^_~

I don't know how anyone could be bitter when there is so much sweet sweet manly Falcon love to be had.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
ThunderMistress said:
If smash is not fun, smash is not smash.

Doesn't matter how you play it, as long as you have fun : P

Whee.

I agree with ThunderMistress also! It's the funny matches that I remember the most, and normal or boring matches are always forgettable. Everyone needs to be less serious on the competative side of a Game :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
The Bowser-Boom slot car derby owns all!

Hey guys! I'm ganna clear some stuff up.
A: CATS gets nervous too much at tournaments lol @ manifest Naruto!
B: I decided to QUIT (not retire KO called it that first) only long enough so I can give the rest of you guys a more fair run in tournaments seeing as noone was really happy as it were to vs me more "omgbbq I have to vs this guy what a blow my finals hopes are dashed!"..I mean I love playing against everyone, and I feel I learn a little from practically any smasher no matter what the stock difference may be...that is anyone willing enough to try make the effort to get good atleast...nothing comes from UpB Kirbys :D. Anyway, I'll be more than happy to attend tournaments for the hell of watching, friendlies, training with anyone, ex-zip-it A matches etc.....I stand closely by what Em said that if there's money involved I'll happily do some ******. Oh, and just because I stopped competition for the time being DOES NOT mean I am not a sexy sexy rapage machine greased up for some smash. I also still stand by being the master of ditto matches + all your skills are belong to me and the rest of that sort of thing.
C: Emily still owns you all.....cept in some situations where she just bites....like Fox ditto :O.
D: Plasia and Sam recieve the 'least improved' awards
E: KO recieves the most recent 'mature in a good way' award
F: Jon recieves the 'lose the plot in tourney' award for his miracle 3 stockage on HIMSELF!
G: Billy recieves the 'man i kinda suck don't I' award
H: Shaz are sexy men

Harken out!

Sloth

Smash Ace
I haven't had much spare time to post since being back home, lame school work is catching up now it's close to exams, but oh well.
I had an awesome time over in Melbourne and at seat. If you guys do organise another tourney anytime after Nov 26th, I'll be there.
I sure gained a lot of experience and learnt how to play certain match ups by the time I left, now I'm eager to play more :p

Just as a quick mini-shout out before I ascend back to doing wicked anti fun art assignment.

Cao: It was nice to finally meet you, and thanks for letting me stay over. Poor Ice climbers and peach. I really should give it up, but I want to find a way! Awww pichu ditto xD to bad we couldn't have more.

DC: Also thanks for letting me fall asleep on the couch :p with that awesome princess whatever cover. It really suited me, all that pink. You probably gave me one of the toughest times in seat as well with that falcon, hopefully you get back on track with playing good games by next tourney!

Mark: Thanks for housing me to. Your mewtwo is looking pretty flashy, you should keep up using mewtwo and mewtwo only. Its nice to fight different characters. :D And next time, we shouldn't get so very few hours before a tournament.. >_<

Emily: Those Roy dittos with all that countering was to cool. I was just getting bored of smash until I played you, now I just feel like getting even better xD

Shaz: You owned me. So badly. My first lost to a falco when I used marth for the whole trip basically. And it was painful. I'll try and get it next time and practice ken like chain throwing :p then go for your fox! And probably lose twice as badly >_<

Eric: Nice playing you man, to bad we didn't get any friendlys. You had the best falco out of the several I faced in seat. I reckon you would of beaten me if you didn't switch to Sheik :) Go IC chaingrab!

JM: First person I lost to in the tourney. Your Fox really showed me how painful that shine was to IC. Poor nana! everyone always picks of her! >_< Your Fox was awesome tho, can't wait to play it again, thats for sure.

Jaz: Another outer-stater. Hope you had fun like I did man. And we never got to play chess! zomg. It was fun playing you, and you really improved since our first friendlys at the start of seat. That Falcon like falcon is, is sexy. But seriously.. go pink falcon, that’s an uber sexy unstopable force.

King Kong: Sorry about tiering marth in the tourney against you :p But you did pretty awesome just going through as DK against a lot of top tierish characters. You were also finding ways to desync my climbers after some friendlys. Keep going DK! ^_^ support the unloved monkey.

Seb: To bad we didn't get to play more then like 3 friendlys. I never got an idea of your skill, cause I was just using my muck about characters like Samus. :( Sorry about the train station and no one getting there on time except for you.

TM: Thanks for anime fest stuff. Never got to play you -.-

Cats: Pikachu.. Poor Climbers. I really enjoyed our matches tho. I shouldn't of really gone Y.Link first, but It seemed like more fun :D But you were too good for me >_<

Jon: UpB me Falcon style. Yehs!. You made ffa's awesome fun to play, considered I normally find them boring. But with all the chk yehs! and other randomness, it was great. Your Samus owned mine. I should give up on Samus. :p

Joe: We are awesome team power unstoppable. With our duel whatever! But alas, homerun bat > then us. Hyrule temple underneath ownage was also great. It truly reminded me of my old days. Us both hitting each other into random walls, until I hit one and went straight down xD.

Hex: you were my team-mate.. and we never lost a game. We really got screwed up within the teams bracket and such >_< I'm not sure what happened but oh well. You should keep working on that Falco of yours, it soon will be awesome.

Snes: I played you a bit, nice jigglypuff there man. You didn't seem very happy tho >_<

Sam: Ness!

Syrick: Your giant. I just had a vague idea that you would be a small guy, but then you towered over everyone! I played you only once and besides that I didn't see how well you went. But it was cool seeing you.

Mikul: Marth ditto xD so close. I never talked to you much tho. I mostly just watched you play friendlys. You've got a nice Ganon going there man

Trent: Walking through footscray.. ah memories. But besides that, I never got to play you 1-1. I say you should take up Y.Link tho. You love those projectiles ^_^ but whatever works for you man.

Anf: I'll try not to mention the 'incident' but it was nice fighting your Fox.

I've probably forgotten somebody important. Sorry. Oh thats right. Plasia. It was great playing you when I first turned up. With your manly SD Falcon and Roy >_^. We never played after that tho. And thanks for the cookie!

Erm. Ok, I'm out, everyone I met was cool and I didn't really have a huge problem with anyone, sorry if I missed ja. I look forward to coming up again, and this time working more on my Ice Climbers. I'll try and make them my new main instead of Marth. And practice lots of techy stuff with em.

Go Nana!
And seat2!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone new to SEAT who wants in on future Smashfests hosted by the community, should hit me up on caotic_kelvin@hotmail.com

It's the best way to grow in Smash and get to know each other better, through small and very fun meets!

Sloth

Smash Ace
If your an Australian player your in the right place. We have several Aussie threads all up and down the page, so go post in them (depending on which state you live in).

Right now there is: Aus/Tas/WA/NSW/QLD threads.
And 3 tournie threads: SQAUT4(Finished already), BoO(Tas tourny which is being cancelled for now) and Comrades (Melb tourny for jan 2007).

Otherwise I can't help you really, it doesn't take much to read through the threads. If you keen to play people don't wait out for a tournament, go post and see if you can meet up with some of the smashers.

And I hope this is the last post this thread will have to endure. Let it fall off the page :)

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
LMAO I ranked out in this match hardcore like.

Most of us look ridiculous in that photo. Caotic your pose is brilliant!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Where's that @M thread? That thread is guaranteed laughsies, with Shaz johning

Top Bottom