• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - SEAT1. September 22-23, 2005.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Excellent you pulled through, by golly alot of us had out doubts, especially me.

SMASHFEST AT CAO'S TOMORROW IN *KNOX*

10am start till whenever (the drill goes such that after 6-7pm, you'll get squashed into my room for 50HZ goodness). People coming include myself, Em, Shaz, Reon, Myst, CATS, Freddo, Anf, and Richard. It will be good training.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
you've already vsed kirby enough cella :)

i think you and shaz might have forgotten that i did very well vs your marth and shaz'(he says he can't play the floaty *** though lol) and anyways i've stopped playing kirby due to the infexible nature of his recovery, i don't really liked being destroyed by an easy to land shine from fox.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tomorrow being Saturday? If so, I'll try to persuade mum to let me go for a few hours : P Haven't been studying like I should've been though >>

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I think the meets on friday thunder so it looks like your missed it to. Cao your going to have to post your address and stuff next time. Because I'm clueless. To get there I'd have to travel from watsonia.

Good to hear your comming sloth,excellent news.

snes101

Smash Apprentice
My main is Jigglypuff (hence my avatar), I've been playing the N64 version since mid 2001 and Melee since mid 2003. I sometimes use Marth or Yoshi.

King Kong

Smash Lord
snes101 said:
My main is Jigglypuff (hence my avatar), I've been playing the N64 version since mid 2001 and Melee since mid 2003. I sometimes use Marth or Yoshi.
Cool, then I guess you know your stuff. Im nothing special at smash, but i got my WDing and L-cancels and a few combos and tricks with DK and I got the SH Lazer and pillaring with falco, so im not too bad.

peace out

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hey Cao i've got all my times now, I'll follow the directions you gave on the first page. The trouble is that i'm landing in Avalon airport, I assume i'll be able to catch a bus or train from there but im not sure how to yet. If you could just give me some direction im sure i'll be able to make my way to somewhere central where i can meet up with one of you guys.

Cronos_Rainbows post gave me the feeling that I might be coming across as a little arrogant, and im sorry if thats the case, i really am grateful that you guys would set me up with a place to stay, organise this whole thing and show me how to get owned in smash, so thanks again.

Heres my times:

Depart Brisbane 6:25am, arrive Melbourne(Avalon) 8:35am
Depart Melbourne (this time at Tullamarine airport) 10:35am, arriving Cairns at 1:00 (Hello rainforest)

Heres my phone number: 0437262589

Im gonna be there fairly early as you can see, so if thats too early to meet up then im more than happy to just hang out in the city for a while on my own, I see that Sloth is arriving at 1:10, so maybe I could hang out till then and you could pick me up on the way or something.

Oh, and Snes101, what do you want to call the team?, i suck at naming things so whatever you want is cool.

peace out

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey King Kong, there's a connecting bus service which runs from Avalon to Melbourne (Spencer Street) and I can meet you there. Buses depart from Avalon 20 minutes after a Jet* arrival, so assuming you catch the conecting bus service, you'll be at Flinders St at 9:50am.

Here's the timetable location: http://www.avalonairport.com.au/how005.html

I'll take down your number and here's mine: 0400854599

Ring me when you get to Avalon and tell me what time I can expect you at Spencer St - it should be no problem. We mighthave to rendevous with Sloth later in the arvo but I'll just assume he's covered himself when he arrives for now.
You can stay at my place on the Wednesday night at my place and Thursday night at Divine's no problem.

Lastly, what day are you leaving?

King Kong

Smash Lord
I'll be leaving on the 23rd. I wish i could stay a little longer, but uni hoildays are too short. I'll print out that timetable and get your number.

See you there!

Peace out

CATS

Smash Journeyman
directed towards shaz:
actually shaz i change my mind, after seeing you play on friday i reckon you could prob beat my kirby now pretty easy with marth (also due to the fact you know all my tricks with kirby too) so yeah, but in the past i had it pretty good vs the marths so if people wanna go marth vs me, only do so if you are pretty confident in him.

directed towards jon:
your team mate is being gay, he knows he's gonna lose to team b@stardry so he's trying to make up excuses to lose already. maybe get some more practice to restore his confidence in beating the best team ever "team b@stardry"!!

directed towards em:
i'll practice so i don't hit you in teams next time and so i'm more useful vs all those foxes. team b@stardry FTW

directed towards cats:
you're the awesomest!

see everyone at SEAT :3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol CATS, you didn't happen to check Shaz's new team haven't you? It's exactly how he wants it:

4 - Team 'I have no friends' (Cronos_Rainbow + LV9CPU)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
poor jon ;_;

shaz has an excuse ready, now he can lose to team b@stardry! that better be a lvl 9 game&watch or else he won't even be a challenge ^_~

snes101

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, comp G&Ws are annoying. The moves they spam counter some horrible habits I have. I gotta stop crouch cancelling against Greenhouse...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OKAY, there's 2 days until SEAT, and with a solid 40 people expected I'd thought I'd leave by one of the last posts.

- Billy is confirmed for SEAT (The Superfinal elite reunite)

- Everyone bringing equipment (TV's, cubes) please arrive at 9-10am. Please supply Powerboards + extension cables if you can - it will be extremely appreciated.

- Teams will start at 10am

- Singles will start around 12:30pm, possibly later depending how much time Teams eats up.

- The is ample parkling behind the venue.

- If you come across some SEAT signage you're at the right place.

*** SEE ALL YOU FOLKS AT SEAT!! ***

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Okay, to clear up a few things on my end;

The list of people who are allowed to stay the night (and are assumed to be staying, sorry if I actually missed talking to you about it) are as follows:

-Cao
-Jon
-Shaz
-Cella
-Em
-Syrick
-Reon
-Sloth
-Jazblack
-King_Kong
-Sam
-Mikul

Also, these are the only people I've taken into account for in regards to the dinner at Montezumas, which is also possibly going to change to the less classy options: a walk from Mentone station to KFC/Hungry Jacks, then a walk from there to my place after eating, OR we all just get back to my place and chip in a little for pizza. I have however talked to Plasia, and so he and Nick (Benji was in doubt?) will come to my place after and then leave later on.

Heh, I'm sorting this out right now. By the way, I have some new contestants to enter.

-AZ (TBC)
-Julian (TBC)
-Jeremy (He's confirmed... -_-)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Because of possible TV restrictions, I may downsize the stock limit from 5 to 4. I'll announce what's the go-ahead on the day.

Thanks for inviting your group Divine, we need the numbers in force! Is Beth gonna join too? *Nathan stabs self*

A SUGGESTION FOR FRIDAY AFTERNOON AFTER SEAT - We watch 'Howl's Moving Castle' in Southland, Jam Factory or Nova Carlton. Who's in??!

There's no beer in KFC... hahahar

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Okay, after recovering from a well-deserved stabbing, I have come to tell you that Montezumas is all organised.

We need to make sure that we're ready to leave as soon as we can after 8pm though. Some deal with the place not serving after a set hour or something, but it's no problem. The after-SEAT arrangement goes as follows: Pack up, my parents (2 cars) pick some of us up and drive us there, we order. As there are 12 people, we need 1 other car. That would be, I'm assuming, Shaz or my grandparents, if for some strange reason his explodes or something.

I'll confirm AZ and Julian later today, too.

kupo

Smash Lord
Shaz doesn't want to team up with a CPU anymore. Team *******ry power was too overwhelming for him to handle. Even he resorted to pulling out CAT's Control after doin' the infinite combo rofl!!!

Truly, shaz is in Shambles. xD

But with Billy confirmed for attendin', my guess is that Shaz'll want to team up with him n__n.

Get ready for some real b@stardry tomorrow, brought to you by Kyattsu. >=P

CATS

Smash Journeyman
he didn't pull the controller out till i had started charging my u-smash though (cause i looked at his buttons so i knew what he was up to ;3)

yeah i think shaz doesn't like CPUs or going by himself, he'll want to team with billy imo

b@stardry is my speciality!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
EVERYONE BRINGING A CUBE PLEASE BRING YOUR COPY OF SMASH + MEMORY CARD DATA.

WE NEED TV'S DESPERATELY! JON AND PLASIA's SETS ARE IN DOUBT! SO PLEASE BRING THEM YOU GUYS - IF YOU CAN PLEEEEESE

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'll be bringing a cube, do i need to bring an exstention cord? I'll bring it anyway!

Does anyone want to MM me? I keep saying this for every meet i goto but it never actually happens so just walk up to me if yes and say "let's money match so you can lose your money"! Then i'll say ok and it will happen ><

Team money match, Thundermistress and I Vs Blahblah and Blahblow? Thats if thunderwoman wants to but i dont think she will mind seeing as its my money, and im not prepared to lose more then $5 yes cheap arse me!

kupo

Smash Lord
Stfu snes101. Bobby owns your ****ing ***.

On a side note, I'm bringin' a TV. 50hz gayness mind you, but its better than nothing ^___^.

And i'll money match you Sebastian. $5 best of 3 vs my peach.

Peace out

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
If its Team's then yes, otherwise keep dreaming because that's basically giving away my money lol ><
weren't you asking for that anyway on the third page or something emily?

Were all really lucky that bobby isnt there though, cause he would win the tourny straight out, teams and single! I wish i was as good as you bobby, then i would have the best reputation and everyone would love me :)

kupo

Smash Lord
I won't let Bobby win EVER. HEAR THAT BOBBIDY?!?!?!

cocky@sssunovab!tch

Learn to "out-cancel" before coming here again =P. Oh thats right...

BOBBY GOT OWNED BY A DK AND A NESS!!!
<3

Sebastian...having a reputation like bobby...is just as worse as having one like Shaz LOL. Might I also add...Bobby's not even that good...>=P

UnLeASh THe FuRy!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
how easy is it to get the the venue from the highway? As in is it very far from there and are there many turns?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I love you Bobby, hahaha. I've improved now and you were my inspiration.

The Venue is ON Nepean Highway.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
i am never having an official match on the 50hz gay TV so if you ask me to i will refuse no matter what :3

look forward to seeing everyone at SEAT

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good luck everyone! I hope you all enjoy today immensely, and score plenty of Bowser/C.Falcon style hugs.

Especially good luck to the out of staters, give em hell! ^_^

Top Bottom