• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - SEAT1. September 22-23, 2005.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Is everyone going to pictochat with their DS's? DS has the crappest games out ever, unless nintendogs has come out by then, the only game i have is stupid yoshi touch and go. It's the sh*test game ever never even think about touching the gamebox anyone ok!

I'll bring mine though.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah and I just remembered, I had one of the people from the syndicate pull out, so I have a spare manifest pass if anyone is still interested in going but hasn't pre-registered ^_^

kupo

Smash Lord
Me me me!!! Please!!! I'll pay for it even xD

Jump Super Stars and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan really makes DS worth keepin'...[well...for me anyways. I was about to trade my DS for PsP LOL]. I hope meteos comes out soon >.>

Picto-chat is gay. Everyone bring Mario DS for multiplayer fun xD. Robbing stars are fun...*grins

snes101

Smash Apprentice
I'm most likely coming, though I'll have to pick up my copy of Nintendogs before I go. Can't wait, as this'll be my first tourney! :)

King Kong

Smash Lord
CAOTIC said:

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING OUT-OF-STATERS' OVERNIGHT ACCOMODATION:
Divine Crono has brought to my attention that 'Out-of-Staters' (ie SA, TAS, NSW, QLD Smashers) will need to find their own accomodation unless they've approached him personally about the housing issue. This is an effort to make sure there's some level of order in his hostings. The Smashers who are confimred to stay at his place with the core group are SLOTH, KING KONG, and JAZBLACK. The rest wil either need to contact Divine Crono, or organise their own accomodation. If met with strife, speak to me - I'll take care of you.

Hey, thanks Cao for organising the accomodation, this trip was starting to look expensive. Thanlks to Divine Crono as well for setting me up- I owe you one

I finally got my stuff sorted. I havn't seen my family for about 8 months so im hopefully gonna be in Melbourne on the 21st and leave on the 23rd so i can catch a flight back to cairns from Melbourne. I started booking flights today.

I dont have a DS, I suck at video games, smash is the only one i am OK at, so i wont be partaking in any DSing.

Thanks so much for organising this guys, its obviously taken a lot of time and effort. Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah, teams- Are the random out of staters just making teams on the spot, or do we make them before hand?

Oh and is bringer coming? I have so much yoshi stuff to show him, plus theres that ditto for australias best DK........

Peace out- Thanx again melbourne crew

King Kong

Smash Lord
rmusgrave said:
I'd love to but I can't. Sorry King Kong. Got a test at uni on Thursday (and possibly Friday). So, that's a no-show =(

Come to EI2 and we'll do it ^_^
Thats a shame man.

anyways, check my post on the yoshi thread. I got the b-air to DJC aerial dialed man, I explained it fully in the thread. Yoshis combos double from there, its so wicked. Yoshi is now broken.

And sorry man, I cant afford to come to Perth as well. Maybe if I work extra, but I reallly miss my family, moving out of home at 17 and trying to support yourself is so hard, especially when my dad has three daughters to provide for and is a single parent, i hardly ever get money from, my dad, and im too proud to get AUSstudy............ and there is girl back at home who i have to sort my stuff out with (dammit, relationships are so hard) so perth is not going to happen this time.

peace out

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks much King Kong. snes101, welcome to the boards - I'll be seeing you at the tourney. Hope you have fun!

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
King Kong said:
and im too proud to get AUSstudy
peace out
Dude, you pay taxes, thats where it goes, its not like the government is GIVING you money, your just getting YOUR money back.

Sorry, this post has nothing to do with SEAT so heres a cheer for smash YAY YAY WOO WOO SMASH SMASH UP-B-YEHS!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIILLLL ILLAPOLAZZA!!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Smash 64 sounds fun. I havent got a 64 though Cella and I played with Isai in Japan so were kinda fresh to it again after all this time. Lacking in the controller area though.
DK title matches? Who decided I'm not part of this and why? I'm guessing Jon'd like to be part of it too.

kirbs*

Smash Rookie
Smash 64 doesn't make as good tournys as melee, though still good practice.

Bring my DS if only for the pictochat, nintendo needs to release more games for it. Finally I think nintendogs is coming after the SEAT.

snes101

Smash Apprentice
And I pre-ordered Nintendogs. :) It'll be hard to pick it up, maybe my mum will get it. On topic, is anyone else that's 13 going? *watches tumbleweed pass* :ohwell:

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMFAO @ Cao's sig xD ahahaha

*ahem* anyway, quick question, should we still have people bringing munchies and music, even though the location has changed from DC's house?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There are a variety of eateries close outside the venue, but yep you can still bring your own munchies if you wish. Music, bring anyhting you love and I'll guarantee you it'll get played. Thanks much!

NB - I BOUGHT NAMETAGS FOR SEAT! Thanks to Freddo for telling me. =)

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Snacks are a good idea if you don't mind bringing them. It would be an ease for the organisers of SEAT. By the way, they own. :D

It'll be good with all the new players...if any of you random interested people out there are thinknig about playing competitively and seeing how far it really goes (to the limit of Em-class ownage, of course), get in touch with Cao (caotic_kelvin@hotmail.com) or myself (divine_crono@hotmail.com), and we'll see if we can set you up before SEAT for some practice. :D

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Freddo, I'm the pretty face of masculinity at SEAT. My manly radiancewill be the inspiration for Shaz's victory.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Everybody better hot up for SEAT then - we'll have a masculinity face-off, hahahaar

King Kong

Smash Lord
HEy Cao all my stuff is organised, and im gonna be in melbourne on the 21st in the morning sometime. Is it cool if i meet up with one of you guys somewhere in Melbourne that day? Just so that im not walking around Melbourne all day on my own and sleeping in a ditch somewhere before the tourney.

Wow, im actually getting excited about this now, its cool. And sorry to the rest of you, but my DK is the very face of sexyness/masculinity- One that is gonna chain throw all your falcons to their death.

I AM SO NOT WEARING A NAMETAG!

peace out

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
My friend (who I'll refer to as Souljah, seeing as that's what you know him as) was asking me kinda the same thing the other day about names. He said something along the lines of this "So when we get there are they gonna be calling us by Forblaze and Souljah?" I kinda had to wonder that aswell. What do you do with people that are new to this and you don't know there names? What if it's hard to remember their real names but only their screen names? Do you just call them by that? =/

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
After seeing Em's money match note, I'm thinking I would either:
MM CAO's bowser (Can't tell if Moorabin is neutral territory,****), or Plasia's Marth/Roy. Maybe all of the above.

I'm looking to DC for overnighter status, but if that's not possible I'll have to see if Cao can help there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You're covered for DC's, Mikul. As for MM-ing Plasia, that's like asking for free money... XD

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
forblaze71 said:
My friend (who I'll refer to as Souljah, seeing as that's what you know him as) was asking me kinda the same thing the other day about names. He said something along the lines of this "So when we get there are they gonna be calling us by Forblaze and Souljah?" I kinda had to wonder that aswell. What do you do with people that are new to this and you don't know there names? What if it's hard to remember their real names but only their screen names? Do you just call them by that? =/
Forblaze, I think the best solution is to have the nametags with both proper names and aliases.

It's odd. Em, to us, is Em, Shaz is Shaz, but Cao (David) and DC or Divine (Nathan/Me) for example, just seem to come out as preference.

Here's an idea, what you want to be called at SEAT should be in large font in the middle of the tag, and your other name underneath, smaller. That work? :)

And yeah, Mikul, after sorting out some stuff, you're definitely in. :D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
King Kong you talk big, you'd better hope you can deliver seeing as I expect a lot from you now. If you don't provide expect to be called noob by me for some time until you're ready to admit your mistake...If you somehow win against the better players I'd be impressed and forced to laugh out with all my might as Emily destroys you in her cruel cruel ways. If you beat her I'll be forced to take you myself.....and of course if you beat me I'll be too stunned to do anything but clap. Good luck with your MM's vs KO. Keep in mind the good majority of us have played CJ...and in particular his DK has been experienced....I've also played Hoshino Kirbys DK who was also of a very high calibur. I may seem like a jerk ATM but I don't take kindly to people automatically expecting they're better than my friends, who try hard and I respect a lot. I'll by glad to use Falcon vs you for your enjoyment ;).

I'll wear my godtier nametag from Jack Garden Tournament....that way I can stand out! However these people may refer to me as honey or sexy(alphabetical so don't be jealous ;) lol) : Anf, CATS (if he's not too mature for it), Cella, Emily, Falcon, JM, Jon, KO, NickCaine(spelling?), Plasia. The rest of you may call me Shaz or GodTier.....unless you please me with an UpB (gentle if it's the first time) in which case you may call me the prior names. I lok forward to spreading the manly love with you all *chk* YEHS! Oh, and Jon and only Jon has the honour of calling me Little Boi!

Warning to all who would dare face team *******ry: CATS is the dirtiest player alive and Emily has a tendancy to be a MUCH better player than all the rest of you save the enthusiastic Cella. I would recommend you stay as close to the center of the stage while playing (don't be obvious about it too much though), use teamwork where possible, target CATS since he chokes easier, break Ems slaughters by using both tactics and guts....DON'T BE SCARED since the more attacks you throw, the better your chance to hit...defending carelessly gets you grabbed or beaten silly....remember all good defense has a solid strategy behind it...instinctive bubbles are just an invitation for combo! Good luck with that...don't let CATS take another team win in a big tourney it makes nobody feel good....cept for him :D. Here's some character strategy for you all to consider:
-CATS- (Dirty + cheap kills - smart player)
~Kirby: Beware his suck off kills...as noob as the tactic is it's a biatch if you let it have you. Catch him attempting this for an easy kill or atleast some percent. Use a good Marth, Fox, Sheik, Mario/Doc for a good time. Avoid if possible using DK, Bowser in this match.
~Pikachu: Strong UpSmash, he WILL use and abuse it if he gets the chance....also beware the upair(spikes) and his throw nair or throw a piston A,A,A attacks since you'll be Emily bait. Use any character with a good edge gaurding ability...fall speed and weight will help. Avoid if possible using G&W, Mewtwo, Roy and DK vs this foe.
~Pichu: As above, though his headbutt has a tricky ability to hit behind...you may not know if you don't vs Pichu. Fsmash hits hard early and Emily is greedy for kills with her fairs using some chars. Avoid if you can Roy, Gdorf. Use Marth, Samus, a GOOD Luigi.
~Gdorf: I admire this character of his best, it's fast for a big guy, hits hard and takes all opportunities to hurt. Beware his desperate down B's as they can catch you when you're in battle. Otherwise, just know it hurts hard. Counter with Fox, Falco. Beware with Yoshi, Marth(he's good against it)...most characters.
~Falco: Standard Falco *******ry. Use: Jiggly, Peach, Mario/Doc, Zelda, Sheik, A GOOD G&W, In-your-face Marth. Avoid Gdorf, Roy, Mewtwo, a BAD G&W.
~Fox: Probably won't happen, but if it does, just watch for breaks in his attempts to combo...he makes slip-ups. Use Falco, Peach, Sheik.

-Emily- (Fast and aggressive player - Good combos and plays on good instinct)
~Sheik: **** good Sheik, don't die fast. Avoid pretty much any non-high tier. Use a good Falco, Fox, Falcon, Counter-wise Marth, Lasting Peach, Another Sheik if you're up to it, Doc, GOOD Climbers.
~Fox: My fave Fox in Aus because it's good, impressive to watch and hard to break away from. She short hops into UpAir often, so don't be scared of a little DI. Use Falco, Sheik, Peach, Jigglypuff, GOOD Marth, Falcon, Doc, GOOD DK. Avoid practically anything else.
~Falcon: Nice Falcon too, be careful of her knee abuse. CC will help if you time it correctly. Use Fox, Falco, Sheik, Gdorf, Marth, Roy, Link, Zelda, GOOD Kirby, GOOD Climbers.
~Falco: Painful to the max to anything dumb enough to come by this fool. Don't apprach the thing unless you're VERY confident and prepared. It shines you like crazy at any moment, so be on guard....though with offense not shield. Spacing is key...be far and she's just going to blaster approach you. Use: GOOD Fox, Sheik, GOOD Marth, Peach. Avoid obvious fools who'd just die easily.
~Marth: Good Marth with combos. Makes some slip ups rarely though. Use a good Sheik, Falco or Fox. A good Dorf or Falcon could do well too.
~Peach: A pain if there's one like no other for sheer overpowered BS....Lives for LONG + don't CC. Use GOOD Fox upwards, Marth, Gdorf, Y.Link, Luigi. Avoid Falcon (you can use him, but beware chains if you do), Roy, Falco, DK, Bowser, Mewtwo.

- Don't let them save eachother
- Don't leave one or the other unattendaed to do what they will...it will hurt
- Don't attempt to take both...that's what I do and it's not the easiest thing in the world lol
- Do live as long as possible while always attacking
- Do save your partner if you have no large risks in doing so
- Do go for CATS when he goes to a vulnerable place
- Don't go for Emily if she looks vulnerable unless you're sure she can't act....she's experienced more than you guys, and will likely use your moves to turn the tables...think all the time before making a stupid decision
- Don't be scared to help your partner

Good luck guys, hope this helps in some way :)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
i suggest going for me as well, go for me as i'm the vulnerable player. it makes sense to go for the weaker one right? redardless of how you struggle, in the end team b@stardry will be victorious!!

i can tell you guys all already i'm not gonna go pichu fox or falco for this btw

everyone make more teams!! 8 teams is not enough!! also joe and julian will be entering as a team! it is free to participate so ALL newbs and n00bs alike enter now!!

edit: shaz says to use marth vs my kirby. i think he forgot kirby vs cellas marth ;) don't try it
2nd edit: unless you are as good as emily or better! in other words, shaz wants you all to lose!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
edit: shaz says to use marth vs my kirby. i think he forgot kirby vs cellas marth don't try it

Don't listen to him - he's clueless

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Teams is not free, the $10 fee covers both singles and teams, as noted on the first post of this thread. There will be more than 8 teams - since alot of people do not know each other, they'll all team up with each other on the day just for the sake of competing.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Cronos_Rainbow said:
King Kong you talk big, you'd better hope you can deliver seeing as I expect a lot from you now. If you don't provide expect to be called noob by me for some time until you're ready to admit your mistake...If you somehow win against the better players I'd be impressed and forced to laugh out with all my might as Emily destroys you in her cruel cruel ways. If you beat her I'll be forced to take you myself.....and of course if you beat me I'll be too stunned to do anything but clap. Good luck with your MM's vs KO. Keep in mind the good majority of us have played CJ...and in particular his DK has been experienced....I've also played Hoshino Kirbys DK who was also of a very high calibur. I may seem like a jerk ATM but I don't take kindly to people automatically expecting they're better than my friends, who try hard and I respect a lot. I'll by glad to use Falcon vs you for your enjoyment ;).
Ouch, put in my place. But when i say "My DK is the very face of sexyness" I did not mean to say "You are all noobs and my DK will own you all" im just mucking around, i didnt even mean it seriously, my DK sucks, i'll be the first to say it.

Dude, of course i dont expect to beat you guys, i dont expect to even do well at all. I know you are all leaps and bounds ahead of me in terms of skill and expirience. I expect to lose both money matches to cao, i just agreed to mm for the sake of it, to add a little more excitment to my trip. Feel free to call me a noob, as you said we'll decide if im a noob or not when i get down there.

You played Hoshino Kirby's DK? Thats cool i love watching his vids his combos are insane.

kupo

Smash Lord
ROFL Shaz. Good write up xD. btw, the Falco part is made up. I kid you not, it got owned badly by Shaz' Fox with ftilt only. n___n;

If ya'z go for my B@stardry mate, CATS, I'm gonna be the one that's gonna be hunting you down.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
"shaz says to use marth vs my kirby. i think he forgot kirby vs cellas marth don't try it"
lol cats maybe we should verse some more.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone ^_^

I'll still come up in 6 days time now, so you can put be back as confirmed.
It still hurts to type and to even touch a mouse slightly, but using a GC controller isn't that bad anymore. And each day the pain gets slightly less. Very slightly.

So, I can make it, yay.

Since I'm coming up on the 21st, I guess I can do something on that day, if anything gets planned.

Top Bottom