• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i told you why. I didn't believe your posts were helpful to town. I got an anti-town vibe from your posts so you're either scum or anti town which both are not going to help.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i told you why. I didn't believe your posts were helpful to town. I got an anti-town vibe from your posts so you're either scum or anti town which both are not going to help.
Why is me trying to lynch my scumpick anti-town? I'm just not really understanding that. Can you tell me, specifically, what you think I did that was anti-town?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But do you think he's purposefully being unhelpful?

You should really be looking for scummy intent; it's not a great strategy just to lynch people who aren't helpful.

@PJB: You claim now

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I can do that

I am Vanilla Townie
But more importantly, I am Dr. Ciel.

If you know anything about MMZ, you know she's an important character. You can look it up, she's a character you can pretty safely assume is somewhere in this setup. Therefore, if anyone wants to call bull**** on my claim, then you can be reasonably assured there will be a counterclaim. There won't be one. If there is a counterclaim, obviously you'll find out that I'm not lying when you lynch me, and you can lynch the false counterclaimer.

BSP

Smash Legend
12 AM for 8/9 is the 12 AM that will happen in about 7 hours. It's tomorrow technically, but in a practical sense, it's tonight.

requesting deadline clarification [\b]

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I can do that

I am Vanilla Townie

If you know anything about MMZ, you know she's an important character. You can look it up, she's a character you can pretty safely assume is somewhere in this setup. Therefore, if anyone wants to call bull**** on my claim, then you can be reasonably assured there will be a counterclaim. There won't be one. If there is a counterclaim, obviously you'll find out that I'm not lying when you lynch me, and you can lynch the false counterclaimer.
I think it is unlikely that anyone will counter-claim your role name.
On the other hand, scum are often given role name 'safe claims' which allow them to pose as town characters. And:

6.) Knowing the background flavor will make the mod happy, and may help you understand certain mechanics present in this game, which is fairly flavor based. However, a fair warning, if you rely too much on flavor, you will get burned.
I have no reason to believe your role name makes you town-aligned.
sorry

Safe-claims: names, (or sometimes also roles or whole PMs) given to scum team members which are not otherwise present in the game, so they can use this name to avoid being caught out by the name of their role.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Fair enough.

@everyoneSo if I'm lynched and my role flips exactly as I said I was, will you be lynching Badwolf next as a result? Will my reads be paid any attention at all, or will I be written off as "lol, nublet" and die in vain?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Would you lovely people like a vote count? Your mod apologizes for being inactive.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Are you familiar with mafia safe-claims? Had you encountered them before?

Can you explain these two lines above for me?
I was aware of the possible existence of mafia safe-claims (My brother has played about a dozen games on another site), I just honestly hadn't considered that they'd be in this game. Personally, no, I've never encountered them myself. This is only the 2nd game I've ever played, and I got nightkilled on N1 in my first game (which still isn't over. MLP Mafia)

I read through the rules and everything, but when I got my role, I thought "Oh, this will be a safe claim for this reason!" It just didn't click that it wasn't necessarily 100% safe. I don't think it would have occurred to me that a Mod might make an important character a Mafia's safe-claim for this purpose. I kinda feel gipped :glare:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I believe the votes are like this:

for Badwolf: Kary, PJB, Ori
for PJB: Badwolf, Gheb, Joey, Loli
not voting: BSP, Orbo

but that's from memory.
:bee:

Vote Count (Megaman) X:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [0]
BadWolf28738 [3] Kary, PrivateJoker-Brown, Ori_bro
PrivateJoker-Brown [4] Badwolf, Gheb, -Masquerain-, Loli
-Masquerain- [0]
Orboknown [0]
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: BSP, Orbo

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Loli actually Unvoted. Not sure if that really matters, since she'll prolly put her vote back on me anyway. She was trying to prevent anyone from hammering prematurely.

BSP

Smash Legend
Soup, why don't you change it to 11:59 PM on whatever night you're talking about, because that still confuses me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Joker-B: Did having what you perceived as a claim that was likely to be believed by town influence your play toDay?
Maybe in the back of my head. I mean, I thought I had a solid claim to fall back on if I needed it, but I didn't really want to use it if I didn't have to.

My thought process was that if I backed down, everything would go back to being inactive and we'd end the day with a no-lynch, and no information. I hoped my play would speak to the fact that I'm town by itself. I'm trying to hunt scum.

*shrug* Sorry if you don't believe me. It's everyone else's call at this point, thought I'd still like to hear from Loli about her "anti-town vibes" she got from me. Such a vague justification for her vote feels like she's being sheepy, so I'd like something more specific.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok so Badwolf left. He was viewing the MLP game, then he viewed this game, then he went away. So if he says it's because he just leaves the tab open all the time, I call bull****. :glare:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok then, just make sure to come back here and post something at some point (I know you might be dealing with MLP mafia, cuz I"m still following that too). People are kinda waiting on you here too though.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You wanna maybe claim? Maybe get some reads out there besides calling me scum? I'm not the one who really asked you questions, read the thread.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Badwolf28738 & PrivateJoker-Brown

Ok, there is way too much attitude between the two of you. You clearly have very different playstyles and different thoughts as to what's scummy, so I'm not interested in the back and forth 'oh but you did X' and so on.

Right now it looks like one of you two is going to be lynched today, so if you are both townies you'd rather it was the other guy. Unfortunately if you're wrong about the other guy that's going to come back to haunt you tomorrow.

So I want both of you to pretend that you're choosing the lynch today, and that you can lynch anyone that's not either of you two. I'd like you each to tell me who you'd lynch and why, even if it's just as simple as something like 'because they're inactive' or 'because I can't read them'.

Alright?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
^ I'm not expecting you to re-read the thread necessarily or anything like that.
I just want something from you that I can work with, maybe your gut feeling about a player.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I would agree with the Orbo/Rake lynch. One of the reasons I began my push on BW was because I thought seeing how he flipped would give me a better idea of what Rake was up to. In fact, before Badwolf started being all lazy/scum, Rake was the slot I felt most uneasy about, and you can go back and reread the thread to confirm that. If Badwolf hadn't been so goddamn evasive about everything, Orbo/Rake is where I would have looked next.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
And for anyone (probably Masque) who wants to look at my most recent list of reads and say "wait a minute, you read Rake as town, now you wanna lynch him?" The only reason I gave a town read on Rake was because I'm convinced Badwolf is scum.

Badwolf being scum aside, Rake was the next person to look at.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm looking at how both have been posting thus far today. I'm definitely leaning more towards BW. If he flips town, you can bet I'm voting PJB.
Ori you seem confident here that one of BW/PJB will be scum, so could you explain what makes you think that? Are you sure there is scum between the two of them?

I'm still willing to vote for PJB i'd much rather him over Badwolf so without further ado

Vote:private joker brown
Loli this seems a bit sudden from you; what was it that made you much rather want to lynch PJB than Badwolf? Are they not both being anti-town?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I can do that

I am Vanilla Townie

I kinda find it funny that you expect us to rely on flavour for your claim...

Top Bottom