• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Joey, I'm really confused at your angle right now though. You keep saying you don't scum-read him but you're still pointing out things you dislike about him. I'm not saying you need to decide his alignment immediately but help me understand what you're hoping to get out of this if you've already decided that he's not scum. I will probably skim most of your walls so if you could try to keep it short and sweet that would be wonderful, or at least re-iterate whatever you feel you've already answered.
Null means that I don't have a read on him.

Regardless of me disliking his actions, the reality is that I can't truly get a read on him regarding this until I see what he does with it. Claiming dayvig is null within itself, but I don't like the fact that it leaves an avenue open for scum to sit on reads made early via reactions from a dayvig gambit.

likewise I believe that the majority of the player list is smart enough to not be drawn into only gorf vs ryker, but that's just me

:114:
This is so not Gheb posting.

FWIW I see where Soup is coming from, but I agree with IR regarding the fact that there are more interactions that can come out of Gorf's fakeclaim than just the obvious Gorf vs Ryker.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Null..but not scum? This is the problem I'm still having here. I mean it's alright to question people but I'm wondering why you haven't dropped it if you don't think it's of scum intent. I'm pretty sure that's what you said.

I guess I see it in a different light? As a result of gorf's gambit, we have content from joey's push onto gorf, we have content from you directing attention to maven's post, and we have content from our interactions. Is it a bad thing to have a clear direction that the game is going when there is much that can be derived from it? that's just my view on it, the day isn't going to be stuck on gorf vs ryker but there is many diverging topics that can arise from it
I wouldn't give credit to Gorf for this, rather the players itself like you mentioned.

How are you taking Joey's convoluted direction right now?

#HBC | ѕoup

heading to bed now ping+quote me for fun times tomorrow peace

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
It's dawning on me how overly meticulous some players here can be that will probably drive me up the wall. I don't think Joey's first couple of posts are reeking with scum intent but I do note that he's latching onto something that I told everyone specifically not to do so either my word doesn't mean much or Joey is out on his own little world right now. I'd favor from a meta perspective that it's more likely for him to pursue an interest even if wrong bull-headed instead of coasting along with seemingly picture-perfect posts from time to time; I like his enthusiasm even if we don't agree.

Because it got your attention, didn't it? Sometimes people try to make things seem more important than they are. I don't think anyone would have cared had I not directed it to everyone.
Why not challenge him directly on it instead of pointing it out like a passing curiousity?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Because it got your attention, didn't it? Sometimes people try to make things seem more important than they are. I don't think anyone would have cared had I not directed it to everyone.
Okay fair enough, but then did you really find maven's post awkward, you want us to talk about it, but don't go on explaining why you find it so odd, you just called it out without explaining what you saw wrong about it.

Because it's making the game around (no offense) two bigheads how it is which will drown out the whole dayphase, from how I saw it, and frankly I'm not up to reading that because what Gorf is doing right now is not indicative of alignment and I honestly don't think Ryker's reaction will be either because I figure this is something he's used to by now and he's not like some noob who would flip out and lose his **** over something like this. Would you agree?

wrt Maven: because I want it to be? I want town to agree with me because I would to think that I have best interests and want to vocalize what directions I think are good for town. That's it.

hopefully i wake up with a claim~
Hopefully you will post something useful next time too~

What do you think of Soup, and IR?

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Regardless of me disliking his actions, the reality is that I can't truly get a read on him regarding this until I see what he does with it. Claiming dayvig is null within itself, but I don't like the fact that it leaves an avenue open for scum to sit on reads made early via reactions from a dayvig gambit.
So why are you exactly voting Gorf right now? What do you hope to get out of voting him?

It seems by this post that you are more in trouble with the consequences of Gorf's actions rather than Gorf himself making the action. Like I'd get the point if you thought he was scum and the logical conclusion would be that you thought the consequences are what he hoped for, but if you have a null read on him that seems to me like you don't think he planned the consequences of his actions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wanted Beastman.Exe, found my role PM disappointed. Forgot this wasn't a UPick, sad face.

Joey can you run about why confronting Gorf like you did helps you read him better or the situation?

Ryker should own up and respond to Gorf.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
likewise I believe that the majority of the player list is smart enough to not be drawn into only gorf vs ryker, but that's just me

:114:
I'm thinking more that it'll be good to have the two handling their own **** if anything. It leaves us small people a tighter circle to make connections within in D1.

@ Vult Redux Vult Redux I am super keen to hear what you think about Fanny, not necessarily immediately though

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
I wouldn't give credit to Gorf for this, rather the players itself like you mentioned.
It's not a question of giving credit to people though. The point is that whatever Gorf intended to do with his claim is now secondary to the fact that his claim did end up getting us out of RVS immediately. So let's just leave it at that and stop talk about what Gorf may have wanted to achieve. Neither does it matter nor is there a high probability that we will ever find out anyway.

How are you taking Joey's convoluted direction right now?
Too early to tell. The one thing I'm curious about is why he chose to vote Gorf when he claims to not read him as scum. Seems pretty pointless if you ask me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Null..but not scum? This is the problem I'm still having here. I mean it's alright to question people but I'm wondering why you haven't dropped it if you don't think it's of scum intent. I'm pretty sure that's what you said.
At this point, the only reason I haven't dropped it or him now is because 1) people are still asking me questions about it and it's still generating discussion, 2) I don't like his 146, and 3) there is no where else I want my vote to be right now.

I think there is potential for there to be scum intent behind that action, yes. It's not the fact that I think or don't think one way or the other, and if I had to go with gut, I would say that he would still sit on his reads here and do nothing until probed for more later (especially considering the amount of interactions he has had with other players in the game that aren't directly involved with debating his claim). It's the fact that I don't know one way or the other which makes it null. I don't have anything to base my read off of aside from the gut thought that I don't like how he claimed dayvig early because of what that can do for a scum player, I don't like how he's insisting that I read him and Vult equally as if they're equal slots and because information roles exist, and I don't like his 146 in general.

So why are you exactly voting Gorf right now? What do you hope to get out of voting him?

It seems by this post that you are more in trouble with the consequences of Gorf's actions rather than Gorf himself making the action. Like I'd get the point if you thought he was scum and the logical conclusion would be that you thought the consequences are what he hoped for, but if you have a null read on him that seems to me like you don't think he planned the consequences of his actions.
Let me make it clear that I did not like the slot initially. I started realizing it was null after Soup posted this:

It's justifiably null that works less in his favor as scum because it paints a huge target on him, which is something I don't think Gorf would take a risk to do.
and I thought about it a bit. I disagreed with the fact that scum Gorf wouldn't do this (because it's a very easy way to generate content early and to coast by on that content later), but this post was still when I realized Gorf could have been town just as likely as he could be scum considering how early it was and the fact that I haven't actually seen what he does with that action

Joey can you run about why confronting Gorf like you did helps you read him better or the situation?
It actually gets his thoughts out there on a slot instead of just having him sit on his dayvig claim. I wanted actual thoughts from him instead of people taking the Soup approach so that it would turn into a Ryker v Gorf debate that wouldn't take off considering Ryker's play style.

I was also trying to get his motivation behind why he was trying to gambit Ryker so early, but I didn't really get that as all he really focused on until I apparently contradicted myself was the fact that he should be read equal to Vult from my perspective. I'm still not sure what he's trying to get out of this.

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay fair enough, but then did you really find maven's post awkward, you want us to talk about it, but don't go on explaining why you find it so odd, you just called it out without explaining what you saw wrong about it.
I was baiting to see what people would say about it but perhaps it's my own fault here by turning it on everyone else. There's nothing more to explain besides that it was awkward, and that I didn't like it. Hopefully maven responds to me eventually.

At this point, the only reason I haven't dropped it or him now is because 1) people are still asking me questions about it and it's still generating discussion, 2) I don't like his 146, and 3) there is no where else I want my vote to be right now.

I think there is potential for there to be scum intent behind that action, yes. It's not the fact that I think or don't think one way or the other, and if I had to go with gut, I would say that he would still sit on his reads here and do nothing until probed for more later (especially considering the amount of interactions he has had with other players in the game that aren't directly involved with debating his claim). It's the fact that I don't know one way or the other which makes it null. I don't have anything to base my read off of aside from the gut thought that I don't like how he claimed dayvig early because of what that can do for a scum player, I don't like how he's insisting that I read him and Vult equally as if they're equal slots and because information roles exist, and I don't like his 146 in general.

You're kind of damning Gorf over something that hasn't happened if you're still holding onto this ideal that he will just 'sit on his reads and do nothing.' I'd say Gorf's been quite proactive given this charade of his and I feel you're either being stupidly paranoid about the whole thing or you've caught yourself in a predicament where you're scum who got a bit tongue-twisted and is hoping to not be called out on it. I really think you should just drop the issue in full before I end up voting you because I'm not at all buying what you're selling here.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: for quoting issues

I was baiting to see what people would say about it but perhaps it's my own fault here by turning it on everyone else. There's nothing more to explain besides that it was awkward, and that I didn't like it. Hopefully maven responds to me eventually.

Joey said:

You're kind of damning Gorf over something that hasn't happened if you're still holding onto this ideal that he will just 'sit on his reads and do nothing.' I'd say Gorf's been quite proactive given this charade of his and I feel you're either being stupidly paranoid about the whole thing or you've caught yourself in a predicament where you're scum who got a bit tongue-twisted and is hoping to not be called out on it. I really think you should just drop the issue in full before I end up voting you because I'm not at all buying what you're selling here.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lmao this is why I said "if I had to gut". I'm not certain about where he's going with it, but the fact that the only thing he has focused on yet is me aside from saying maven was lying before I was in the picture and "I'm glad Glorious ******* are in this game" makes me believe there is still potential here.

If you don't buy what I'm selling, why are you not voting me?

#HBC | ѕoup

Lmao this is why I said "if I had to gut". I'm not certain about where he's going with it, but the fact that the only thing he has focused on yet is me aside from saying maven was lying before I was in the picture and "I'm glad Glorious ******* are in this game" makes me believe there is still potential here.

If you don't buy what I'm selling, why are you not voting me?
Because I want to believe that you could be plausibly town like I earlier thought but the direction you're taking is garbage in my eyes. What potential? Could you elaborate?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Because I want to believe that you could be plausibly town like I earlier thought but the direction you're taking is garbage in my eyes. What potential? Could you elaborate?
That was supposed to say "still scum potential", but I don't think that changes much.

Either way, the fact that his content has been revolved around his claim (aka me) shows that there is still a possibility that he'll make reads based on the people reacting to his claim early and he can still sit on that until probed later. :|

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
okay crapbags i'm here to **** **** up

vote: vote redux

this is what you get for joining swf mafia game
you gotta give me something better to work with dude... how about voting jdietz instead? or giving input on something more relevant? I'm sure we can work this out.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Either way, the fact that his content has been revolved around his claim (aka me) shows that there is still a possibility that he'll make reads based on the people reacting to his claim early [...]
And you know that's probably just what he wanted in the first place? I mean, you can look at his behavior any way you want to but in the end facts are on Gorf's side considering how much discussion has taken place in this game after not even 24 hours. So what you formulate as an accusation against him, most other people in this game won't consider a problem at all or are even likely to give Gorf pro-town credit for. That's why I think a lot of people are confused by your approach towards his slot. Very unlikely that you'll get anybody to see things from your angle either because frankly it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think it's about time for you and others to drop the issue. What Gorf did was entirely null and anybody who reads scum intent into it is just as premature as those who give him pro-town credit for it. Speculating over his intent won't get us terribly far either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It actually gets his thoughts out there on a slot instead of just having him sit on his dayvig claim. I wanted actual thoughts from him instead of people taking the Soup approach so that it would turn into a Ryker v Gorf debate that wouldn't take off considering Ryker's play style.

I was also trying to get his motivation behind why he was trying to gambit Ryker so early, but I didn't really get that as all he really focused on until I apparently contradicted myself was the fact that he should be read equal to Vult from my perspective. I'm still not sure what he's trying to get out of this.
Did you consider other alternatives? I feel as though you voted but did not consider what his intent might have been at this point. You appear to say you are not sure, but your vote implies this is not the case and you didn't want any progress to happen.

This to read to me as such, you jumped the gun and though if Gorf was serious he was being an idiot, but did not consider the alternatives to which he was trying to progress the game if he wasn't being legit.

I would have let it play out myself, and only called Gorf an idiot if he shot anyways instead of saving it for something more useful, aka lets not shot power players because they are hard to read or fight with us for power.

You are coming off ad a town lean to me here since you seem to be placing investment in this activity but may have been rash in your jump here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ooh oh it started~! This flavor seems hype so I'm expecting a lot from you Laundry (cough don't forget my BB expectations cough). Though I admit if I'm being truthful I only made it through about 3/4ths of one of the games (definitely not pirated ROM) so I may not know everything there is to know about it, I'll try to be a good judge though.

FoS: Fanny
Vote: Nabe

Fannys... along with the butt-master himself? Coincidence: I think not.
Is this post why people are voting him? I don't see it, to much bravo?

Someone help me with this since I do not understand.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ruy this is a question completely non game related but do you just accidentally make the epic grammatical/tense/spelling mistakes? like "bravo (bravado)," or "to (too)?"

i think people are voting him for ignoring the existence of current issues at hand but if not then im just as dumb as you @_@

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
joey's thing with gorf and soup, rings honest.hes trying to figure gorf out and he's levelling woth soup in a way i dont think joey does as scum

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ruy this is a question completely non game related but do you just accidentally make the epic grammatical/tense/spelling mistakes? like "bravo (bravado)," or "to (too)?"

i think people are voting him for ignoring the existence of current issues at hand but if not then im just as dumb as you @_@
I always do because I've has issue talking and writing since early childhood.

If that is the case I could see merit to that.

I don't think a town lean on Joey is unwarrented, putting him in taking to lylo is.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Let me make it clear that I did not like the slot initially. I started realizing it was null after Soup posted this:

and I thought about it a bit. I disagreed with the fact that scum Gorf wouldn't do this (because it's a very easy way to generate content early and to coast by on that content later), but this post was still when I realized Gorf could have been town just as likely as he could be scum considering how early it was and the fact that I haven't actually seen what he does with that action.
Well you are still voting him despite you apparently changing your mind, you say you don't know where else to put your vote right now. What do you think about Soup's calling out maven's post? Jdietz's first post?

does gorf's behavior really surprise you?
Yes? Literally the very first post of the game and he already claimed a power role and targeted a specific player, how's that not surprising? I've played only a few games here, but Gorf has been in all of them and I didn't think he'd pull off a stunt like that so early.

whoa whoa whoa are you rolefishing me?? that's very scummy you know...
Don't be daft, if you have any sort of ability or information your post right there made that clear to every one, I am merely asking if you are joking or not. Even your response to Nabe doesn't clarify nor deny if you are being serious or not.

I get it that you found it awkward, but what specifically? That doesn't gives us much to get into.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
joey's thing with gorf and soup, rings honest.hes trying to figure gorf out and he's levelling woth soup in a way i dont think joey does as scum
ehh. ill take that. i see it different but honestly i think timell tell more than anything.

i think joey disguising what is clearly an emotion based perception of my actions with an attempt of logic and reason is moreso the case here. but truth be told he HAS backed down (at the recommendation of town, but nonetheless backed down) so maybe youre right. still dont feel all that hot about em doe.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
ehh. ill take that. i see it different but honestly i think timell tell more than anything.

i think joey disguising what is clearly an emotion based perception of my actions with an attempt of logic and reason is moreso the case here. but truth be told he HAS backed down (at the recommendation of town, but nonetheless backed down) so maybe youre right. still dont feel all that hot about em doe.
"At the recommendation of town" Does that mean you are reading/leaning people who confronted Joey about it (Soup, IR, etc) as town right now?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm voting you because I don't like the fact that you're fake-claiming dayvig in order to jump-start the game when literally no one else had posted. This has nothing to do with Vult.

Also, claiming dayvig at the very beginning of the game is dumb and pointless and shouldn't be a thing. :v
Why? What's wrong with jump-starting the game at this point?

There is 100% no way Vult would know that you specifically were a dayvig. It came across to me as 100% participating in rvs.

Why would Gorf not do this as scum? It's something that shows he wants to produce content early on and it's something he can ride on until mid-day 1 as long as he expands from it slightly and shows that he gets reads, and he can easily wave it off as RVS shenanigans.

You're gonna have to be more specific about what you're asking. I'll attempt a shot in the dark and assume it's at least one of these things.

I don't like the fact that it's an attempt to jump-start the game because I don't see a reason to not let RVS play out on its own. There is always a chance to catch slight scum slips or forced conversation between partners in RVS that isn't as strong in the later phases in the game.

It has nothing to do with Vult because there is 100% no way that Vult would know that Gorf specifically was a dayvig, so it was him participating in RVS, which is null.

Claiming dayvig at the beginning of the game is dumb because it's simply an attempt to get the game going faster than necessary and force the game out of RVS. It's pointless because all it does in reality is get people riled up and make them ask obvious questions like "Why are you shooting x" or "Why are you revealing so early?" assuming that people don't automatically dismiss it as fake, all of which may seem townie/scummy at first, but it's null in the long run.

This is so not Gheb posting.

FWIW I see where Soup is coming from, but I agree with IR regarding the fact that there are more interactions that can come out of Gorf's fakeclaim than just the obvious Gorf vs Ryker.
Alternatively, why not let it play out: take some reads on who does and doesn't comment and then move from there? I don't see why this is a big deal. Especially since it's Gorf threatening to do the exact action Ryker did to make EE ragequit in Mario Party. I don't see why you're taking this so immediately seriously.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux how about you let me work, work again, do my laundry, find a new house to live in and also go bowling and theeeen read the game you nerd

Top Bottom