• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ignore Gorf's shenanigans until Ryker responds. I don't really know what you're hoping to get out of this gambit or not because Ryker isn't really the hardest read and it's a bit maddening to see a crappy role like a dayvig centralized around the day either way, and pointed at Ryker for that matter.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
joey, it seems you don't believe vult either then. surely to you we're either scummates and it doesn't matter who you vote, or there's some reason as to why my lie has more of a reason for a vote than his lie. which is it?

#HBC | ѕoup

no gorf i claim town dayvig, if you don't claim i'll shoot you in the next twenty minutes
This was a really awkward joke post that I don't really know why people aren't being more attentive towards it btw

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
okay crapbags i'm here to **** **** up

vote: vote redux

this is what you get for joining swf mafia game

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
This was a really awkward joke post that I don't really know why people aren't being more attentive towards it btw
There are like 5 posts / 20 min between that post and yours ??.? Maybe like 1/3 of the player list has had a chance to be attentive to it ??? Why not wait longer to point that out?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ooh oh it started~! This flavor seems hype so I'm expecting a lot from you Laundry (cough don't forget my BB expectations cough). Though I admit if I'm being truthful I only made it through about 3/4ths of one of the games (definitely not pirated ROM) so I may not know everything there is to know about it, I'll try to be a good judge though.

FoS: Fanny
Vote: Nabe

Fannys... along with the butt-master himself? Coincidence: I think not.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
joey, it seems you don't believe vult either then. surely to you we're either scummates and it doesn't matter who you vote, or there's some reason as to why my lie has more of a reason for a vote than his lie. which is it?
I'm voting you because I don't like the fact that you're fake-claiming dayvig in order to jump-start the game when literally no one else had posted. This has nothing to do with Vult.

Also, claiming dayvig at the very beginning of the game is dumb and pointless and shouldn't be a thing. :v

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Ooh oh it started~! This flavor seems hype so I'm expecting a lot from you Laundry (cough don't forget my BB expectations cough). Though I admit if I'm being truthful I only made it through about 3/4ths of one of the games (definitely not pirated ROM) so I may not know everything there is to know about it, I'll try to be a good judge though.

More than ive played
Talk to me bout gorf joey after its played out.
Also whatchu make of soup pointing out mavens post n trying to make a tell of it?

#HBC | Gorf

but joey, vult verified my claim immediately after i made it. with your logic he should be more suspicious to you, shouldn't he?

#HBC | ѕoup

There are like 5 posts / 20 min between that post and yours ??.? Maybe like 1/3 of the player list has had a chance to be attentive to it ??? Why not wait longer to point that out?
How does waiting change anything? Perhaps you're just caught up by how I worded it but the intention of my post if it wasn't obvious was to bring attention towards it and hopefully get people talking about it. I'm not sure what your issue is here.

I'm voting you because I don't like the fact that you're fake-claiming dayvig in order to jump-start the game when literally no one else had posted. This has nothing to do with Vult.

Also, claiming dayvig at the very beginning of the game is dumb and pointless and shouldn't be a thing. :v
It's justifiably null that works less in his favor as scum because it paints a huge target on him, which is something I don't think Gorf would take a risk to do.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Gorf what the ****

This is a good point, to me that post is not as alarming as whatever Gorf is doing, and is way too soon to complain about people not being attentive to it, reminds me of Soup's slip in Ryker's mafia. I disagree about waiting though.

Vult to clarify were you joking or not when you said you could confirm it?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

no listen you are deffo scum for this

why and why

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
but joey, vult verified my claim immediately after i made it. with your logic he should be more suspicious to you, shouldn't he?
There is 100% no way Vult would know that you specifically were a dayvig. It came across to me as 100% participating in rvs.

It's justifiably null that works less in his favor as scum because it paints a huge target on him, which is something I don't think Gorf would take a risk to do.
Why would Gorf not do this as scum? It's something that shows he wants to produce content early on and it's something he can ride on until mid-day 1 as long as he expands from it slightly and shows that he gets reads, and he can easily wave it off as RVS shenanigans.

why and why
You're gonna have to be more specific about what you're asking. I'll attempt a shot in the dark and assume it's at least one of these things.

I don't like the fact that it's an attempt to jump-start the game because I don't see a reason to not let RVS play out on its own. There is always a chance to catch slight scum slips or forced conversation between partners in RVS that isn't as strong in the later phases in the game.

It has nothing to do with Vult because there is 100% no way that Vult would know that Gorf specifically was a dayvig, so it was him participating in RVS, which is null.

Claiming dayvig at the beginning of the game is dumb because it's simply an attempt to get the game going faster than necessary and force the game out of RVS. It's pointless because all it does in reality is get people riled up and make them ask obvious questions like "Why are you shooting x" or "Why are you revealing so early?" assuming that people don't automatically dismiss it as fake, all of which may seem townie/scummy at first, but it's null in the long run.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why would Gorf not do this as scum? It's something that shows he wants to produce content early on and it's something he can ride on until mid-day 1 as long as he expands from it slightly and shows that he gets reads, and he can easily wave it off as RVS shenanigans.
those actually all sound great for town. Whats the issue?

#HBC | Gorf

There is 100% no way Vult would know that you specifically were a dayvig. It came across to me as 100% participating in rvs.
...i'm sure you're the one who replaced out of ryker 3 where you had a role that gave you information, specifically that there was a town roleblocker or something. either way, you're naive to think that roles that give setup info don't exist. also i think the rest of your post contradicts itself so hard and you likely made that vote cuz you thought it was the right call to make at the time.

vote joey[/i]

#HBC | Gorf

just read it again. literally everything you're talking about that would make my move warrant your vote sounds hella towny.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Ignore Gorf's shenanigans until Ryker responds. I don't really know what you're hoping to get out of this gambit or not because Ryker isn't really the hardest read and it's a bit maddening to see a crappy role like a dayvig centralized around the day either way, and pointed at Ryker for that matter.
Likewise, what are you hoping to get out of this post? Just because you can't tell gorf's intent doesn't mean that he doesn't have something in mind. Is there a point to this post other than "gorf's gambit is dumb and im smart enough to realize that, so everyone listen to me and ignore him" ?

And on the other hand, you point out this post that maven made as a response to gorf's gambit. So if this is a post that we should be talking about and it is a response to a gambit we should ignore, what are you looking for from us?

#HBC | ѕoup

Likewise, what are you hoping to get out of this post? Just because you can't tell gorf's intent doesn't mean that he doesn't have something in mind. Is there a point to this post other than "gorf's gambit is dumb and im smart enough to realize that, so everyone listen to me and ignore him" ?

And on the other hand, you point out this post that maven made as a response to gorf's gambit. So if this is a post that we should be talking about and it is a response to a gambit we should ignore, what are you looking for from us?
That post was just my stream of conscience at the time and my trying to advise people to not get too involved with it so the thread just doesn't turn into the Gorf vs. Ryker debate. I didn't want everyone centralizing their own posts around it.

They're not one in the same. I had an initial dislike not specifically related to the gambit itself, rather maven's own behavior.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
That post was just my stream of conscience at the time and my trying to advise people to not get too involved with it so the thread just doesn't turn into the Gorf vs. Ryker debate. I didn't want everyone centralizing their own posts around it.
Why didn't just say that instead of directly diverting the attention to that post then?

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Why is it bad for the thread to turn into a Gorf vs Ryker debate? And why is it important that we pay more attention to maven? Is having people put pressure on maven going to have a greater impact on the game than having a potential gorf vs ryker?

#HBC | ѕoup

It's dawning on me how overly meticulous some players here can be that will probably drive me up the wall. I don't think Joey's first couple of posts are reeking with scum intent but I do note that he's latching onto something that I told everyone specifically not to do so either my word doesn't mean much or Joey is out on his own little world right now. I'd favor from a meta perspective that it's more likely for him to pursue an interest even if wrong bull-headed instead of coasting along with seemingly picture-perfect posts from time to time; I like his enthusiasm even if we don't agree.

Why didn't just say that instead of directly diverting the attention to that post then?
Because it got your attention, didn't it? Sometimes people try to make things seem more important than they are. I don't think anyone would have cared had I not directed it to everyone.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
those actually all sound great for town. Whats the issue?
While it's pro-town that it produces content, it's bad in the fact that it leaves room for the person that claimed day-vig to base reads on the reactions and sit on them until they're probed for more information later into the day or into later days.

Also you seem to call it bad play yet you vote on it aa if it is scum play. Why?
I don't read him as scum. Gorf is a slot I'm null reading and I'm trying to develop a read on (just like most others slots so far). I do see claiming dayvig early as really bad play, though.

...i'm sure you're the one who replaced out of ryker 3 where you had a role that gave you information, specifically that there was a town roleblocker or something. either way, you're naive to think that roles that give setup info don't exist. also i think the rest of your post contradicts itself so hard and you likely made that vote cuz you thought it was the right call to make at the time.

vote joey[/i]
I don't deny the fact that there are information roles. I deny the fact that there is an information role that would know of all things that you specifically are a dayvig. Why would there be an information role crafted specifically to know there was a role in the game that could confirm itself within minutes of the first day by shooting someone? It doesn't sound realistic to me in the slightest.

Why are you bringing up the fact that I had an information role in a different game as if that correlates with this game in the slightest?

Regarding your next post, I don't see you pushing the game through RVS as pro-town play. I stated this above in the following quoted section:

"I don't like the fact that it's an attempt to jump-start the game because I don't see a reason to not let RVS play out on its own. There is always a chance to catch slight scum slips or forced conversation between partners in RVS that isn't as strong in the later phases in the game."

There's also nothing pro-town about creating a potential avenue for you to gather reads early and then sit on them.

#HBC | ѕoup

Why is it bad for the thread to turn into a Gorf vs Ryker debate? And why is it important that we pay more attention to maven? Is having people put pressure on maven going to have a greater impact on the game than having a potential gorf vs ryker?
Because it's making the game around (no offense) two bigheads how it is which will drown out the whole dayphase, from how I saw it, and frankly I'm not up to reading that because what Gorf is doing right now is not indicative of alignment and I honestly don't think Ryker's reaction will be either because I figure this is something he's used to by now and he's not like some noob who would flip out and lose his **** over something like this. Would you agree?

wrt Maven: because I want it to be? I want town to agree with me because I would to think that I have best interests and want to vocalize what directions I think are good for town. That's it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Joey, I'm really confused at your angle right now though. You keep saying you don't scum-read him but you're still pointing out things you dislike about him. I'm not saying you need to decide his alignment immediately but help me understand what you're hoping to get out of this if you've already decided that he's not scum. I will probably skim most of your walls so if you could try to keep it short and sweet that would be wonderful, or at least re-iterate whatever you feel you've already answered.

#HBC | ѕoup

ebwop: how does one not scum-read someone yet still berate them for their play and not call it pro-town unless you have personal gripes with him which otherwise save the drama honestly

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
I guess I see it in a different light? As a result of gorf's gambit, we have content from joey's push onto gorf, we have content from you directing attention to maven's post, and we have content from our interactions. Is it a bad thing to have a clear direction that the game is going when there is much that can be derived from it? that's just my view on it, the day isn't going to be stuck on gorf vs ryker but there is many diverging topics that can arise from it

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
likewise I believe that the majority of the player list is smart enough to not be drawn into only gorf vs ryker, but that's just me

:114:

Top Bottom