• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
More than ive played
Talk to me bout gorf joey after its played out.
Also whatchu make of soup pointing out mavens post n trying to make a tell of it?
I don't see why Joey went so hard right away, but otherwise it's been fine.
Soup attempt null, but lamely executed.

seriously though vote: jdietz
What's up buttercup? Got some ifs and buts about butts?

Nevermind, ignore me. I see it.
Ok, what do you see?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was baiting to see what people would say about it but perhaps it's my own fault here by turning it on everyone else. There's nothing more to explain besides that it was awkward, and that I didn't like it. Hopefully maven responds to me eventually.
What didn't you like about it?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
vult I'm not even going to pretend to not understand what you're going on about I just plain don't understand it.

If anything surprised nobody brought up him pointing out a Ryker view, that **** is whack.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
vote jdietz43

I don't know what you bozos are voting him for but the more I think on it the more whack that is in my mind it's worth my vote.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
It's pressuring Ryker to claim and to a certain extent kissing the claimed Vig's ass.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am voting to lynch jdietz because his #134 is bad.

what
For what?

vult please. I don't get what the **** you're seeing in his 134.

why would town call this out?
I was hoping we'd get an immediate response and discussion going off it to kick off the game proper. In the end Joey discussion did the same anyways. Why don't you like I that pointed it out, I don't think he's in real danger?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's pressuring Ryker to claim and to a certain extent kissing the claimed Vig's ***.
Lolwut, I don't think so. More like it pressures Ryker to post instead of using "Can't post or die" as an excuse to wait getting in on the game. Once again, I'd be surprised if Gorf is serious about his claim.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
"TRAIN"???? literally there are two people voting him.

You're pretending not to understand the wagon, aren't you?

I've got my eye on you.

hop on the wagon then.
we use train to mean any semblance of a group of people voting him, bit more than 2 actually.
Unvote
vult I'm not even going to pretend to not understand what you're going on about I just plain don't understand it.

If anything surprised nobody brought up him pointing out a Ryker view, that **** is whack.
When did the 2nd paragraph happen?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think Gorf is joking myself.
Even if he isn't, I don't see a point in prolonging the discussion by pretending Ryker doesn't exist. All we're doing is just letting him coast when we could just get his rebuttal, and move on with D1 with a full roster contributing.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
do you similarly believe theres legitimate room for pause when about 30 hours have passed and hes yet to even make a post?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
do you similarly believe theres legitimate room for pause when about 30 hours have passed and hes yet to even make a post?
(Not sure if this is directed at me or Sold)

I don't think it's too weird considering the ultimatum we started with. But it's also what I was hoping wouldn't happen if I immediately tried to joke that it was now response time so we could address and move past it. I don't expect a claim for the record, but I am looking forward to a contribution sometime soonish.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Becuase literally knowing Ryker, he's either going to be immediately posting "yeah no" and then hashing it out and day can continue, or he's in a cave somewhere crafting a "perfect post" now for the worst case where Gorf is real and we're all stuck waiting. I was hoping we could play off of the first instead but it didn't happen.

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Fanny asking the right questions, Dietz asking the wrong ones.

I was hoping we'd get an immediate response and discussion going off it to kick off the game proper.
That's strange because right after you posted your #135 you kinda just dipped ... exactly at a time where a lot of discussion was happening and where it became very clear that RVS would not be a thing in this game. Since the game did get kicked off "proper" after that post of yours I'm curious why you were nowhere to be seen at the peak of our discussion regarding Gorf's claim and how soup and Joey reacted to it? It happened from the moment you stopped posting until the end of page 5 [on 40 ppp.] where we concluded that Gorf's claim is null. Where were you during that time?
If I were hoping for an immediate response to something I say, I wouldn't disappear for the next like 48 hours.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jd is playing like crap

vote: jdietz

I just wanted to get this out there while continues to make posts like he is where he asks essentially questions that will likely go nowhere and his reaction to vult alone in such an early state reads like he's nervous about it while pretending not to be

Phone post, ill give more later

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
if i MUST go further

its like when people say "this towns dumb" or "town made the right call." like in all instances its not like theyre DIRECTLY referring to a specific player or players as town, just the general gamestate.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Unvote

I'm confused about Jdietz.

My original reasoning for not suspecting him was that I thought he was trying to avoid the discussion of vig altogether when he ignored me/gorf/maven/vult, but then I thought about it and if he was trying to accomplish that, then why would he still comment on it by saying Ryker hasn't viewed yet? >_> I don't get it. I also don't understand why he would avoid discussing Maven vs Soup as well, or comment on anything game relevant for that matter.

Did you consider other alternatives? I feel as though you voted but did not consider what his intent might have been at this point. You appear to say you are not sure, but your vote implies this is not the case and you didn't want any progress to happen.

This to read to me as such, you jumped the gun and though if Gorf was serious he was being an idiot, but did not consider the alternatives to which he was trying to progress the game if he wasn't being legit.

I would have let it play out myself, and only called Gorf an idiot if he shot anyways instead of saving it for something more useful, aka lets not shot power players because they are hard to read or fight with us for power.

You are coming off ad a town lean to me here since you seem to be placing investment in this activity but may have been rash in your jump here.
Yeah I should have let it play out. I realize that now. >_>

I considered that there could have been town intent behind it, yes, but I also considered the scum intent, and I was leaning towards that scum intent applying to him with how he reacted to Vult and Maven (and later me). However, I realized later that it was null until he actually started presenting thoughts and until the day progressed further.

Well you are still voting him despite you apparently changing your mind, you say you don't know where else to put your vote right now. What do you think about Soup's calling out maven's post? Jdietz's first post?
I still didn't have a better place for my vote lmao.

I don't get anything out of Soup disliking Maven's joke post. I personally thought it was hilarious lol. Soup is over-reacting a bit, but I don't think that's scummy. Null point.

Jdietz first post was fine to me at first, joking around and wanting to wait out the claim, but after thinking about it, he also avoided Soup's comment on Maven and the other content in the game altogether. I'm unsure how I feel about this slot, and I want to hear why he didn't comment on Maven or Soup.

Why? What's wrong with jump-starting the game at this point?

Alternatively, why not let it play out: take some reads on who does and doesn't comment and then move from there? I don't see why this is a big deal. Especially since it's Gorf threatening to do the exact action Ryker did to make EE ragequit in Mario Party. I don't see why you're taking this so immediately seriously.
It was literally the first post in the whole game. Why would you even want to do that, when you are literally the only person that has posted in the game? RVS is kind of essential as it shows early connections that may not appear nearly as much later as more people start to accuse one another, so I'm not sure why he'd want to attempt to rush this phase within his very first post.

I should have let it play out, and I realize that now, but at the moment I thought I saw scum intent behind it with the way he was trying to set Vult and himself up as equals read-wise when he shut down Maven's jokepost and the potential behind his actions as scum. When his first response to me was "Why aren't you reading Vult this way?", I started to get more and more suspicious.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Bad or scummy?
bad... and a little scummy. see: Inglorious's #222.

@ DtJ S2n DtJ S2n Inglorious elaborates on the problem with Jdietz in #222, which I didn't have the patience to do last night. I'd like you to weigh in on what you think of Jdietz after reading that.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I get it that you found it awkward, but what specifically? That doesn't gives us much to get into.
The timing of it all really. I'm not going to damn Maven as #1 scum-slot over a single post but I feel I've talked to death about this. It was awkward. It looked like he made it without any actual reason to make it which (usually) coincides with scum trying to complacently fit in. Which, by definition, fits into it being awkward. There was also a bit of me wanting to just see how Maven would react but the thing is that he's not here to react at all so I've become less interested in it as a whole and more concerned about JD, like I mentioned in my phone post.

There isn't that much to say honestly and I came back to my computer hoping one or the two would show up but to no avail. I thought about questioning S2 about his weird demeanor but I've decided against even if the way he votes JD is weird. Hopefully I'll be able to read that slot better when he's finally read up.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Why do you think I should clarify?
Because I don't understand what the intent from your post was. If you are town, backing up the claim would mean that you know Gorf is legit, and the reason you are letting the rest of the players know that should be to avoid any further confusion and potential wifom, yet your ambiguous-ness in the situation doesn't help anyone, not to mention that if both of you are legit, you immediately backing up his claim is a bad move, I would have at least waited to see what Gorf's gambit was and then let town know that Gorf is legit.

There could be the chance that Gorf is lying about the claim, but still town and just used the claim as a way to kickstar the game, but your first post, if serious, makes that a unlikely possibility. Frankly I simply don't understand why wouldn't you just clarify you were joking, your wording and timing made me think you were joking, but a this point you avoiding an answer makes me think you were serious with your claim. If you are not answering because you are weary of people picking up you had information/PR then your first post was a mistake because there's no other way you would know Gorf is legit otherwise, and making that post just makes that visible to everyone.

In short: I am REALLY confused about your first post in the game, what you were hoping to gain when making it and why you are being so secretive about a clear answer.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
oh i guess it kinda doesnt... whoops

i meant "town" in the general term of players in the game. i was not necessarily indicating alignment perceptions with that statement.
if i MUST go further

its like when people say "this towns dumb" or "town made the right call." like in all instances its not like theyre DIRECTLY referring to a specific player or players as town, just the general gamestate.
Alright, I'd still like to know your opinion on Soup, IR and JDietz though.

I still didn't have a better place for my vote lmao.

I don't get anything out of Soup disliking Maven's joke post. I personally thought it was hilarious lol. Soup is over-reacting a bit, but I don't think that's scummy. Null point.

Jdietz first post was fine to me at first, joking around and wanting to wait out the claim, but after thinking about it, he also avoided Soup's comment on Maven and the other content in the game altogether. I'm unsure how I feel about this slot, and I want to hear why he didn't comment on Maven or Soup.
I don't think Soup was overreacting, what is strange to me was that he fixated in that post for a bit, but didn't really explain to everyone else what he found odd about it, until asked.

I kind of agree on dietz, as pointed out by others though, I think his mention of Ryker's view on the page is what is strange, it is kind of weird to make a post like that directly fter what seems to be a joke post, and then ignore the issues all together.

The timing of it all really. I'm not going to damn Maven as #1 scum-slot over a single post but I feel I've talked to death about this. It was awkward. It looked like he made it without any actual reason to make it which (usually) coincides with scum trying to complacently fit in. Which, by definition, fits into it being awkward. There was also a bit of me wanting to just see how Maven would react but the thing is that he's not here to react at all so I've become less interested in it as a whole and more concerned about JD, like I mentioned in my phone post.

There isn't that much to say honestly and I came back to my computer hoping one or the two would show up but to no avail. I thought about questioning S2 about his weird demeanor but I've decided against even if the way he votes JD is weird. Hopefully I'll be able to read that slot better when he's finally read up.
To me what was weird about that post was that it was in, my opinion, an obvious joke post in a situation where a joke post like that was unwarranted I guess there is still the chance that maven thought both Gorf and Vult were joking, both Gorf's subsequent posts made it clear he was not joking, his absence to me is more damning than that post. It struck me as odd that you were trying to divert attention to that post without explaining why you found it awkward, when other posts seemed more standout. What do you make of Vult's backing up Gorf's claim?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
ehh. ill take that. i see it different but honestly i think timell tell more than anything.

i think joey disguising what is clearly an emotion based perception of my actions with an attempt of logic and reason is moreso the case here. but truth be told he HAS backed down (at the recommendation of town, but nonetheless backed down) so maybe youre right. still dont feel all that hot about em doe.
I can understand that

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fanny asking the right questions, Dietz asking the wrong ones.

That's strange because right after you posted your #135 you kinda just dipped ... exactly at a time where a lot of discussion was happening and where it became very clear that RVS would not be a thing in this game. Since the game did get kicked off "proper" after that post of yours I'm curious why you were nowhere to be seen at the peak of our discussion regarding Gorf's claim and how soup and Joey reacted to it? It happened from the moment you stopped posting until the end of page 5 [on 40 ppp.] where we concluded that Gorf's claim is null. Where were you during that time?
If I were hoping for an immediate response to something I say, I wouldn't disappear for the next like 48 hours.
You mean what was I doing between 9PM, the first and only time I had time to access the computer that night after work before bed, and 11PM? Sleeping. Those posts were all I had time for, seeing the game was open, skimming what I assumed was a joke claim, and half joking half hoping that the person viewing should totally regard that claim as "legit" and respond. When that didn't spark an immediate comment in the next 5 minutes I went to bed.

I think you're far overestimating the amount of time or effort I posted with. Each time I've posted here so far has been the first free moment after work I've gotten. In yesterday's case I didn't even get dinner, I just collapsed upon getting home and woke up near midnight later on. So if you're going to take issue with my post timings forget it, I have no control over any of that these days.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Because I don't understand what the intent from your post was. If you are town, backing up the claim would mean that you know Gorf is legit, and the reason you are letting the rest of the players know that should be to avoid any further confusion and potential wifom, yet your ambiguous-ness in the situation doesn't help anyone, not to mention that if both of you are legit, you immediately backing up his claim is a bad move, I would have at least waited to see what Gorf's gambit was and then let town know that Gorf is legit.

There could be the chance that Gorf is lying about the claim, but still town and just used the claim as a way to kickstar the game, but your first post, if serious, makes that a unlikely possibility. Frankly I simply don't understand why wouldn't you just clarify you were joking, your wording and timing made me think you were joking, but a this point you avoiding an answer makes me think you were serious with your claim. If you are not answering because you are weary of people picking up you had information/PR then your first post was a mistake because there's no other way you would know Gorf is legit otherwise, and making that post just makes that visible to everyone.

In short: I am REALLY confused about your first post in the game, what you were hoping to gain when making it and why you are being so secretive about a clear answer.
this is not how I would have expected you to respond as town...

I was hoping that you would point out that I should commit to either one or the other so that I can't change my mind later when it's convenient for me. This is important for catching liars.

For some reason you are more concerned about whether my timing was "good" and whether what I said/the timing of what I said "helps" the town. (As opposed to figuring out whether I'm strategically trying to hurt the Town).

You're also using words like "mistake", "confused", "bad move" - very passive language that assumes I am Town - when you're interrogating my anti-town behavior.

vote: fand

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
You mean what was I doing between 9PM, the first and only time I had time to access the computer that night after work before bed, and 11PM? Sleeping. Those posts were all I had time for, seeing the game was open, skimming what I assumed was a joke claim, and half joking half hoping that the person viewing should totally regard that claim as "legit" and respond. When that didn't spark an immediate comment in the next 5 minutes I went to bed.
I don't like this one bit. I get that you were looking for a reaction to gorf's claim, but why these two posts

Vote: Gorf

I don't believe you.
I'm voting you because I don't like the fact that you're fake-claiming dayvig in order to jump-start the game when literally no one else had posted. This has nothing to do with Vult.

Also, claiming dayvig at the very beginning of the game is dumb and pointless and shouldn't be a thing. :v
didn't seem important to you. Why were you focused on looking for a reaction from someone who thought that Gorf's claim was legit (which essentially no one in this game would fall for) and why wasn't joey's reaction worth mentioning?

I don't see why Joey went so hard right away, but otherwise it's been fine.
I think you're far overestimating the amount of time or effort I posted with. Each time I've posted here so far has been the first free moment after work I've gotten. In yesterday's case I didn't even get dinner, I just collapsed upon getting home and woke up near midnight later on. So if you're going to take issue with my post timings forget it, I have no control over any of that these days.
You can come off the AtE though, no one knows what you do outside the game so there's no reason to try to spark empathy when you are under the scope.

Top Bottom