• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMan Battle Network Mafia - Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 1/6 at 11:59 PM EST

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Also,rakes not dead hes part of my slot. Unless i missed something we're still alive

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
it's almost as if a role claim happened ibetween that post and the recent ones
Your mindset was that you would shoot Vult, and have him die immediately without any discussion whatsoever.

Then, Vult claimed, and you didn't believe him.

[explanation of what actually changed for you should go here]

Now, you're upset that Vult was quickly lynched.

Now, all of this is to say only that I don't think it would have been natural for me to have expected you to be upset, given your original comment. Is it suspicious? Well, it's weird, and it's inconsistent, certainly. There's nothing more to "expand" on than that.

FullMetalLynch

Wouldn't have accepted Dietz if town had liked that route?
This was rake you quoted, i think at the timr dietz was more null to null town for him but would lilely have hammered if it was needed. I know i would have at least

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I skimmed and am on my phone

I don't think any one claimed their action so oh well. I'm actually a voyeur who found out that"execute" was used on goorf d2. If I need to explain my gambit then think harder

Look at people who were quick to discredit me(gheb,), or vote me without thinking... they are defending the executioner scumbuddy.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Nabe I can't tell if you are town but if you are then you are the only hope

Everyone should read earthbound mafia and look fir parallel s between gheb's play this game and that game... he also was scum there and had me quicklynched even though I was obv powerrole

FullMetalLynch

Tfw he says nabe is towns only hope
We're massclaiming tomorrow. I want dietz and maven up towards the fron and i want them to reeval since all I've heard is them harping on vult needing to die

FullMetalLynch

Rake thinks glyphs qh was null but i still dont like it.
Dietz is off.
Rake says ryu looks better but **** if i remember his play
Gheb needs to do stuff

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
im confused, you saw an execute used on gorf and you voted him?

and on a personal note, you people need to understand this is a hydra and it's not just gheb playing, it's pretty annoying to see his name thrown around so much when I'm doing just as much as he is

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nabe I can't tell if you are town but if you are then you are the only hope

Everyone should read earthbound mafia and look fir parallel s between gheb's play this game and that game... he also was scum there and had me quicklynched even though I was obv powerrole
I haven't posted since the end of Day 1 fyi. Every post from D2 onward was JTB.

:059:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You kean where he said he watched gheb n1 and was told **** that happened to bardull? Hecause that doesnt say jack about irs role inless you wanna say gheb redirected **** off himself and thats a stretch
No, I read "He's an action magnet" as some kind of unwarranted role outing on IR the first time I read through it because he said he used satellites to look at people. In retrospect probably wasn't what he meant.

Tfw he says nabe is towns only hope
We're massclaiming tomorrow. I want dietz and maven up towards the fron and i want them to reeval since all I've heard is them harping on vult needing to die
I'm good with this, especially if I was wrong on Vult. I volunteer to claim first since my role can help prevent alphas if my reads are right. (up to you if you think that's true or my reads are good enough @SCUM ooh wifom oooh)

FullMetalLynch

No, I read "He's an action magnet" as some kind of unwarranted role outing on IR the first time I read through it because he said he used satellites to look at people. In retrospect probably wasn't what he meant.

I'm good with this, especially if I was wrong on Vult. I volunteer to claim first since my role can help prevent alphas if my reads are right. (up to you if you think that's true or my reads are good enough @SCUM ooh wifom oooh)
@first,aight i gotchu. Yeah pri sure he just meant gheb usually gets targetted with a lot of ****

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh **** it, I'm just ending the dumpster fire here.

Game over, perfect sweep for scum.

I'm sorry that this game was a steaming wreck. To be fair, this was the worst case scenario for town as 4/6 PRs were useless or dead by D2. That's going to let a scumteam in a power-heavy game just run train. This doesn't excuse the poor balance I made, but I do think it exacerbated the issue.

I can't apologize enough. I should've just ended the game after Gorf's ****ty shot as it killed any excitement for this game right then and there. I don't want to let this game get to me but I can't really defend the steaming ****pile that this game was. I was excited, I thought I had something credible as even marshy enjoyed the set-up and marshy's been reviewing **** for years, but...well, it turned out as something horribly wrong. I'm sorry guys. I thought I could make this fun.

:186:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The fact that after we had the Gorf kill we had triple back-to-back alpha ability was insane.

I'd call myself scum MVP, but all I really did is rally the scum troops behind the scenes to the realization of how ez this was going to be and force people to stay active enough to vote.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Glyph/Zozo
Joey
and
Soup

The crazy part is: if you didn't kill me specifically in the night somehow (or even just left Soup alive and we got lucky) we could still alpha yet again tomorrow. We had mod confirmed info that there was no Indy, and since I was the Governer (among many other OP abilities as the main scum) there was basically no threat of it going wrong. My other powers included forcing someone else's vote to be whatever I wanted for the day, the execute used D2, and the ability to force a lynch to be between me and someone else only.

Joey had a 1-shot ability to nullify a role back to vanilla which we used on Nabe D1 since he'd definitely be around by end-game.

Glyph/Zozo could make someone (ANYONE, even us) doublevoters twice. And mark a target word to get someone else's vote to dissapear if they say it twice. (had we needed to use it, I'm pretty sure "scum" would've worked without fail.)

And Soup had a bunch of mod confirmed info attached to his role as well as being an ability switch for both us an town if he died.

After D1 we were literally playing our own game vs Laundry's update schedule. D2 was an alhpa-able execute (which in the end we didn't need to all be on). D3 was a straight alpha with our powers (it was supposed to be with my vote directive ability so that it would become IMPOSSIBLE for Town to create a majority at all, but Glyph tl:dr'd my instructions and gave Joey a double-vote without realizing he was the one who hammered the execute, herp). Then D4 was yet another alpha because of the remaining double-vote and/or vote forcing.

The only thing that could go wrong was inactivity or lazyness on scum's part, and that almost happened much to my chagrin, but we got it to work out anyways.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's the role PM, cuz I know people are going to want to see this. I flipped my gourd when I first got it it was so crazy.

Password accepted. Welcome back...

JudgeMan.EXE/Prosecutor Ito, Mafia Jack of all Days

You were once a hopeful lad, believing in punishing all wrongdoers. How the world can ruin a man...

You joined WWW because you believed that all evil in the world cannot be stopped and therefore the world must be destroyed. You are an excellent prosecutor and you are not without compassion--as evidence by treatment for your Navi, JudgeMan. You created the JudgeTree, an AI used to determine the guilt or innocence of everyone put on trial in Green Town, but were later exposed of your plot by Lan Hikari and MegaMan.

But you will not fail this time.

You have created a new program, one you're predictably calling "The Courthouse". You're experimenting with a new program where the judge is the jury and the punishment is deletion of the Navi. The goal is to rig the jury with a few criminals in cahoots with one another and then tell the whole group that there are criminals among them, ones they must find and eliminate before they can leave. You want to prove both the power of evil and its capabilities for corrupting from within as well as to use this as a way to turn followers against their leaders. This is just the test run, but if it succeeds, you'll be capturing MegaMan.EXE and using this plan in an instant. You'll get him back, you promise.

You've already sent out the mysterious e-mails and collected the participants. You'll be conducting your test in no time.

Powers and Abilities

Member of WWW
You are Mafia. You know that #HBC | (bull****character)oup (Colonel.EXE/Baryl), #HBC | ZoZo (NumberMan.EXE/Higsby), and #HBC | Joey (BubbleMan.EXE) are all Mafia. You may discuss this game via Skype or via this quicktopic:
http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/ma5dvAgzAnUg

Judgment: Execute
At any point, before the end of D3, you may halve the number it takes to lynch a player by PMing me and commanding as such. The number of votes required to lynch that player will be halved. You may do this as soon as the player has reached the halved number of votes required to be lynched and a lynch will automatically occur. If you elect to use your ability prior to this point, there will be an announcement that a player may be easier to delete but will not specify the player. This ability is one-shot and, for emphasis, deactivates after D3 concludes.

Judgement: Arena
At any point in the game, you may PM me with the name of another player and the command to "1v1 me bro". The normal lynch will be overridden with a new lynch consisting of you and that player. Both players must vie for the other to get lynched and the other alone. If you secure a majority, you will die. If your opponent secures a majority, they will die. If neither player secures a majority, both players will die. This ability is one-shot.

Judgment: Persuasion
At any point in the game, you may PM me with the name of two players and the command to persuade them. The first player's vote will move to the second player and become locked on that player for the rest of the phase. This ability is one-shot.

Judgment: Override
At any twilight in the game, you may PM me with the command to prevent the day's lynch from going through. By doing such, you will stop the lynch and no lynch will occur; however, as a result, you will not be able to Night Kill for the night. Use this wisely. This ability is one-shot.

Win Condition

You are Mafia. You win when you have obtained majority over Town.

Good luck!​
My plan was to claim Kingman.exe (the mod confirmed safe chess playing Navi) and publicly claim my vote forcing as "Checkmate: X to Y" if I ever needed to for free cred, cuz there's no way the guy who can swing votes is on the scumteam with an execute riiiiight? Riiiiight. Though at least it was conveyed to me later that I couldn't use those powers on the same day, even if it doesn't say that in the PM.

And here's the funky fresh answers that got me such a sweet gig, because I know u jelly of my Laundry question answering prowess now.
[collapse=My Answers]

Runner Up: TenguMan, that guy's hilarious.

2. Souls
3. Control Alt Delete em
4. Chocolate is fine... unless they've got the FRESH cookies and cream. That's so good.
5. Whaddya know I don't know what you know y'know?
[/collapse]

We mostly abandoned the actual QT to post in a Smashboards convo after D1, so there's not much actually there.

Fun fact: One of Soup's pieces of info was that some people would be immune to other powers becuase megaman type effectiveness/uneffectiveness stuff, but it literally never happened to anything we did, so I'm not sure who was supposed to be immune to our shenaniganry, but it must not have been a lot of people.

I'm also pretty sure I'd have lost my best powers if Soup died, but... all he had to do was live though D1 for that not to ever be a problem ever again.

Last edited:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
man what the **** were you thinking gorf

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeh, Gorf that was SUPER lame. If you really take that shot in the dark for no reason and just piss people off like that at least have the decency to not replace out and actually finish the game.

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Game wrnt to hell after gorf shot razker anyways
Was excited but then rolled vanilla and thought welp
You didn't roll vanilla. You were supposed to receive a doublevote N2 but didn't because of your role. This was actually the one drawback to it as you were completely immune to everything the scum could do. Had they forced the execute on you, there would've been a public notification of an attempted execute but that it had failed. You were the passive counter to scum while Fanny and Gorf were the active counters.

Unfortunately, Gorf shot the Jailer D1 and Fanny got lynched. I wasn't kidding when I said the worst case scenario for town happened.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
**** you Gorf. Vult is bad. Good job Dietz for staying in the game. Sorry for replacing out. Hope JTB gets a better game next time he plays, you put in work dude.

Last edited:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Yeh **** it, I'm just ending the dumpster fire here.

Game over, perfect sweep for scum.

I'm sorry that this game was a steaming wreck. To be fair, this was the worst case scenario for town as 4/6 PRs were useless or dead by D2. That's going to let a scumteam in a power-heavy game just run train. This doesn't excuse the poor balance I made, but I do think it exacerbated the issue.

I can't apologize enough. I should've just ended the game after Gorf's ****ty shot as it killed any excitement for this game right then and there. I don't want to let this game get to me but I can't really defend the steaming ****pile that this game was. I was excited, I thought I had something credible as even marshy enjoyed the set-up and marshy's been reviewing **** for years, but...well, it turned out as something horribly wrong. I'm sorry guys. I thought I could make this fun.

Its alright, these things can't be predicted. I thought my ability was useless because of it being a one-shot and potentially screwing any town action that I did not know of, but after knowing the set up and Jdietz's abilities I see that it could have been really helpful.

I am not mad about getting lynched D1 since that was 90% my fault, but I am mad that after I got my **** together and got lynched no one followed up on my suspicions, I thought ZoZo and FML were a scumteam together, and I was hoping town would at least look into that.

Soup played well in my opinion, never really suspected him.

Gorf pls

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You didn't roll vanilla. You were supposed to receive a doublevote N2 but didn't because of your role. This was actually the one drawback to it as you were completely immune to everything the scum could do. Had they forced the execute on you, there would've been a public notification of an attempted execute but that it had failed. You were the passive counter to scum while Fanny and Gorf were the active counters.

Unfortunately, Gorf shot the Jailer D1 and Fanny got lynched. I wasn't kidding when I said the worst case scenario for town happened.
Well **** me running. I could have sworn otherwise
Still, ended up not helping out too kuch

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Also
Literally the one time our hydra rolled day execute proof
Scum didnt try to execute us. Gorfdamnit

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah this wasn't that fun because of Gorf's shot.

It was also WAY too easy because of how the game played out. All we needed was for three players to come across as scummy to like one or two of the town slots and then we could win easily, which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Gorf. Gorf set his slot up for a free lynch, and then Vult v Fanny set themselves up for lynches as well. It was just an unfortunate game all around after Gorf's shot. :/

Good **** Jdietz. You won this for us for sure haha.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I thought Vult was good... unlike myself. Fanny was fine too.

I feel like this setup slightly adapted and simplified should take a second run as an open setup.
I kinda feel like this too. I also regret not taking your offer to help co-host. I asked Gova to and he completely bailed on me.

Maven89

Smash Master
well I don't get how anyone can find vult's play townie, or get at all nabe's play. joey's and soup makes sense, didn't see dietz. vult had horrible defenses and made a giant and obvious lie in his roleclaim, i don't know how he expected that to turn out since his claim did turn out to be bs.

Thank god Glyph was scum

Orboknown

Smash Hero
well I don't get how anyone can find vult's play townie, or get at all nabe's play. joey's and soup makes sense, didn't see dietz. vult had horrible defenses and made a giant and obvious lie in his roleclaim, i don't know how he expected that to turn out since his claim did turn out to be bs.

Thank god Glyph was scum
Lying=/=scum right off the bat.ryu used to gambit all the time bout that and both ryker and laundry, even gorf, have done so.
Vult looked decently better that last day and the fact everyone hated him had me opposed to it a degree

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Dietz tunneling to death last couple days didnt make sense to someone whos hydrad with him and rake and i wanted to lynch you the last day, once rake got around to reading
You should read the above as watt needs to roll again dietz

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Fwiw i realize my slot played like **** too so I'm not trying to say people should have listened to us or anything. By the tine we got things on the ball it was too late

Top Bottom