• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me vs. HugS

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Critique or not, up to you. I'm pretty confident in my ability to use Ganon though =)

Match 1 - http://www.getyourtournament.com/400789.html

Match 2 (He doesn't like Samus on RC, so he went Ganon too) - http://www.getyourtournament.com/400790.html

Match 3 - http://www.getyourtournament.com/400791.html

I don't win against his Samus, but as you all should know HugS is an amazingly good and smart player, and it's really difficult to get inside his shield. He seems to have a move for every situation, and playing him is a lot of fun.

Also, go here to see my videos against Edrees (Peach, for those of you who don't know him). Again, smart player, fun to play. Our first set didn't get recorded, but that was the second time I took him out of that tournament.

http://www.getyourtournament.com/400778.html

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
They took a while to load, but i watched the first one. Your Ganon is pretty good, but I think you need to be a little more creative in your play

Gea

Smash Master
Edreese is too good!

EDIT: Against Hugo remember to never get sheild-trapped. Basically his missles are there to get you to shield half the time, then he comes up and abuses that on you.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
ok dude. you can blatantly beat hugs' samus.

What I noticed is that you were rarely able to recover when he got you off the level. Sucks, but you're ganon and that will happen.

do the same to him, Apparently just jumping off the level and fairing him is a pretty good ledge gaurd, you may trade hits with a neutral, but its worth it. when he's a little below the level coming up, try running off the level and doing an uair.

when he wants to sweet spot his 2nd jump, try doing ledge hang infinite to ledge hop uair, that my prevent him from sweet spotting so he'll upb, or he may try to sweet spot and get hit by your uair.

yes he's hugs and hes really really good, but you had so many occassions where your ganon was just too much for him to fight.

finish the job is all I'm saying. good F***ing matches

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
No "HugS is smart" Johns Pat.

I whole heartedly believe if you freakin' learned to wall tech you'd be waaay better off in match 3. If you noticed, after his nair when you DIDN'T WALL TECH things went wrong. Come now Pat, press L that's about it.

Haha I'm just givin' ya a hard time, good shiz though. Wish I could play Ganon.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I was just giving him words of encouragement because HE said he doesn't win against his samus.
(he was merely stating a fact, as opposed to when I first read the sentence to mean he felt like he can't beat the samus) St. Patrick is mad good, l-canceling fiend.

and if you are talking about MY ganon, then I don't see how that's related to my statement. but thanks

that's why I don't like watching vids of myself, but I like to think I've gotten much better... maybe not

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, that did happen. I just still F*** l-cancels for Dairs that hit the shield. kinda pathetic lol

I don't think I've played any good samus players. don't take my advice, everything I mentioned earlier I either saw in a vid, or I do it to my scrubby friends.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Which is funny because you never L Cancel.
LOL I'm usually pretty **** good at L-cancelling. In fact, watching that video, I really think I only missed a couple L-cancels. Don't know what video you're watching. I'll only miss a couple per match, if that, and rarely more.

I just went through and watched it again, I missed 4 L-cancels in that entire match.

Yeah, I did feel as if I could beat him, but I really don't feel bad for losing to him as I know he's a better player than myself. Edge-guarding his Samus is so hard it's insane. If he knows you're gonna hang onto the ledge he'll grapple. You're right though, I need to infinite ledge stall more often; thanks for the tip linkmastersword.

Top Bottom