• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

me failing

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
that was a depressing loss :(

I was watching some of overswarm's vids today, what a coincidence !

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
you need to learn how to edge guard robots lol... get much more aggressive off the stage and don't be afraid to use the up b on the offense. If they try to go above you up b them (unless you see a nair coming in which case you wait a tad) and get off the stage more with fairs.

i only have watched the first one so far though so maybe you change your style

*edit

you did pretty well vs him after watching the other two although you still sometimes put yourself in bad situations with the fair and the like, but who doesn't? overall just edgeguard better i'd say.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But Overswarm is arguably liek the best R.O.B. IIRC, so no shame losing to him really lol. He's good ****.

I've seen Cosmo win consistently against OS though, so I dunno. My guess is he knows about the matchup. I haven't seen you go against too many R.O.B.s NOJ so I dunno.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
thx for the info whats a good way to edgeguard. like i dont understand the edge game yet lol. it seems like i can jump off with Fairs or Bairs and get some lucky hits maybe a kill somtimes but once people grab the ledge you just kinda have to back off and let them back on.
this is how i got 2nd this weekend i was trying to figureout a way to get pikachu off the ledge but like every time i try somthiung i get punished until i just go away. i dono i like need some VIDEO of these things people always tell me but as of yet i havent seen any vids of anyone.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
But Overswarm is arguably liek the best R.O.B. IIRC, so no shame losing to him really lol. He's good ****.

I've seen Cosmo win consistently against OS though, so I dunno. My guess is he knows about the matchup. I haven't seen you go against too many R.O.B.s NOJ so I dunno.

i didnt lose to OS and i never have. there actually another money match out there (prolly wont be posted) of me destroying him :/

i lost to dope and a guy named shaeden.(had a bad day) :)

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
lol i really think that the up b is gw's best tool off the edge, especially against character that recover very high like snake, metaknight, and rob. Fairs work pretty good for when they're at stage level. If you jump off and fair with your single jump, get another fair with your double jump, its pretty likely that you will be able to follow that up with an up b which will always send them in the direction that game and watch is facing.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
lol i really think that the up b is gw's best tool off the edge, especially against character that recover very high like snake, metaknight, and rob. Fairs work pretty good for when they're at stage level. If you jump off and fair with your single jump, get another fair with your double jump, its pretty likely that you will be able to follow that up with an up b which will always send them in the direction that game and watch is facing.
I hate it when I accidently save them with my Up B. DX They're under me, but get pushed up with me when I recover.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
i didnt lose to OS and i never have. there actually another money match out there (prolly wont be posted) of me destroying him :/

i lost to dope and a guy named shaeden.(had a bad day) :)
Ohsnap this is what happens when you get too lazy to watch vids carefully. <<

See, you're not the only one that makes mistakes NoJ lol.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Good matches. I like your style, is unpredictable, and that's good in G&W.
That second stock against DDD was so unlucky...

Dubz

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the matches, its good to see good players playing my main (Rob) and secondary hehe, picked up some tricks.

Fuzzamazoo

Smash Cadet
Somewhere out there in a land called nowhere

Ruuku

Smash Lord
That is very true. Also, I sometimes use neutral B before jumping off the stage. That way, my opponent usually has to change his recovery path to something more predictable.

Top Bottom