• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried to model swap the Bomb hat with the Sword hat, but when I tried to test it on the Dolphin Emulator, the game crashed. Apparently, you can't model swap anything from Return to Dream Land, which pretty much completely destroys my original Bomb hat idea. And the odd part is that the game seems to use the same compression as Mario Party 9; -lex.

It's a shame that my model swap attempt failed, since I never really liked the new Bomb hat.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
MNSG, you're gonna have to rig the hat in 3DS Max for it to work properly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
MNSG, you're gonna have to rig the hat in 3DS Max for it to work properly.
Ouch! No wonder why it crashed. I thought that I could easily just swap hat models like I did with Kirby's Wario cap in Brawl; I replaced Wario's cap with Mario's cap. Guess I was wrong.

Also, I've noticed that while viewing the CHR0 data for the Bomb and Sword hats, none of them make any kind of animations with BrawlBox, which is strange, considering that they are animate in-game.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, if you want to get them to work properly, you'll have to spring for 3DS Max '10 (well, that's what I have). You can get the student version, which let's you upgrade to the full version for free once you're "trial" is up.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I know I haven't posted on here in forever, but I would really like some help on something. I noticed Segatendo was trying to extract the M&S London 2012 Olympic games models. I was trying to do the same thing and RTB telling him to use Noesis did work for me. The only problem is I can't seem to extract the .arc files that come out of the William.cpk. I tried using arcman.exe and these szstools that I thought might work because they were on a tutorial for extracting Super Mario Galaxy 2 .arc files. But neither have worked. Is there an updated ARC extractor I need to get or some other ARC extractor that could extract out the files in the .arc file? Thank you.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
hey...

anyone find any v10-12 MDL0's that use any of the unknown resources yet??
Not yet I haven't.

I know I haven't posted on here in forever, but I would really like some help on something. I noticed Segatendo was trying to extract the M&S London 2012 Olympic games models. I was trying to do the same thing and RTB telling him to use Noesis did work for me. The only problem is I can't seem to extract the .arc files that come out of the William.cpk. I tried using arcman.exe and these szstools that I thought might work because they were on a tutorial for extracting Super Mario Galaxy 2 .arc files. But neither have worked. Is there an updated ARC extractor I need to get or some other ARC extractor that could extract out the files in the .arc file? Thank you.
For the ARC files, one method that works for those is by downloading "ForOhFor Error's BRRES Separator" from the first post. Run the BrresSep.py through Python on the ARC files, and it will separate the BRRES files, though it will also hex them to be Version 9 MDL0s, which I don't think is a problem anymore since BrawlBox fixes 'em automatically.

Also I've checked a mostly-random handful of WiiWare games recently (along with one major release), and found out that the following games also have MDL0:

Code:
Alien Crush Returns
Copter Crisis
Derby Dogs
Drill Sergeant Mindstrong [UNKNOWN COMPRESSION]
Frogger Returns	
Let's Catch	
My Aquarium
My Aquarium 2
My Dolphin
My Zoo
Play with Birds
Racers' Island: Crazy Arena	
Racers' Island: Crazy Racers
Reel Fishing Challenge
Reel Fishing Challenge 2
Shootanto: Evolutionary Mayhem [UNKNOWN COMPRESSION]
Tales of Elastic Boy: Mission 1
The Incredible Maze
And Dragon Quest X does not, unfortunately. It uses a modified *.TRB format that Square-Enix used for Final Fantasy XIII, and the models won't read in Noesis (which means it's probably changed up a whole lot). And it also takes forever to unpack the WAD files for it...

I'll add them to the first post tomorrow, because I feel asleep.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have some information, regarding Kirby's Return to Dream Land...

The models from that game are depicted to be very small. For Waddle Dee, you'd have to resize him to almost 9x his original size in order to be around Brawl Kirby's size.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
hey I heard one of the unknown data's in v10 and v11 MDL0s is particle system data...
if anyone else knows anything please let me know :)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
hey I heard one of the unknown data's in v10 and v11 MDL0s is particle system data...
if anyone else knows anything please let me know :)
The two unknown offsets in the header are to fur vector array data and fur layer array data.
There's also two ids in the object headers that link to the arrays and an offset in the material headers to fur layer settings data.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Ok i need some help here... I just downloaded TMNT: Smash Up! and i wanted to extract some stages from the iso. so i found the stages, and they're in .PAC format

I know that the files are compressed, but NTCompress wont uncompress the files.. so any help?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ok i need some help here... I just downloaded TMNT: Smash Up! and i wanted to extract some stages from the iso. so i found the stages, and they're in .PAC format

I know that the files are compressed, but NTCompress wont uncompress the files.. so any help?
Are you using the proper NTCompress.exe that allows you to decompress files with the -x command, then unpack them with U8Tool or something like that. Also, fun fact is the COL0.brres it exports has collision models. Copy the vertex positions for the collision editor (the separate models are for different types, like solid, fallthrough and wall-jumpable) and you have vector-perfect collision models compared to the game.

Manhattan is mine. I eventually plan on finishing up the port I had been working on and releasing it.

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
Are you using the proper NTCompress.exe that allows you to decompress files with the -x command, then unpack them with U8Tool or something like that. Also, fun fact is the COL0.brres it exports has collision models. Copy the vertex positions for the collision editor (the separate models are for different types, like solid, fallthrough and wall-jumpable) and you have vector-perfect collision models compared to the game.

Manhattan is mine. I eventually plan on finishing up the port I had been working on and releasing it.
yup im using the NTCompress with the -x command.. nothing at all, just gives me a empty.bin file. or could it be that the iso i downloaded was scrubbed? (got it via torrent)

can u send me all the stages then? no need for Manhattan since ur doing it :p

edit:
lol nevermind... its been awhile since i used that tool and totally forgot how to run it.. now it works fine :p

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
The two unknown offsets in the header are to fur vector array data and fur layer array data.
There's also two ids in the object headers that link to the arrays and an offset in the material headers to fur layer settings data.
called it ^_^

now I just need an MDL0 to figure it out...

can you provide BJ?? :/

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Wow, I really haven't been paying attention to this.

I'll go add that right now, but I'll get the other things in the first post later.

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
RTB I tried to use the lzh8_cmpdec to decompress the .arc.cx file from Pokemon Rumble but it didn't decompress. How do I extract the arc file from the .cx file?

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Is there anyway to extract Little Mac's models from Punch-Out Wii? I know it's in .data/.debug format, but is there anyway to extract them?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Is there anyway to extract Little Mac's models from Punch-Out Wii? I know it's in .data/.debug format, but is there anyway to extract them?
learn to write a script for UMC ;)
I'd suggest waiting until my next alpha release where I'll be lightly supporting the scripting interface for UMC3.0
the release will also finally be able to export as much as it can import. ;)

not to be a hard-A, but this thread is about MDL0 formats from other games...
come to my thread to continue your discussion as UMC can support any format you can add to it. ;)
http://smashboards.com/threads/334292

also, sorry for advertizing if I'm doing so...
the MKW community gave me an infraction for showing off my forum in my "get to know me" post,
so I'm really looking in depth with any form of it. :)

Last edited:

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
I'd like to announce that Rodea the Sky Soldier uses MDL0 in its wii version. version 11 MDL0 and its in a Extended LZSS compressed arc file. File extension is .bin, but can be changed to .arc to open in Brawlbox. x11 scale for brawl size.

Top Bottom