• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
There's been no tools developed for it yet. Check rom sites like gbatemp for any progress of us getting 3ds games dumped. Only then will we know if we can take anything from them.

hares85

Smash Rookie
hi guys this is my first post, i 'm reading this looong tread and i would ask you how i can dump mdl0 models from memory in dolphin. (the passages) because i don't know this method to dump models
thanks for any help. (I hope not to go off-topic too much XD )

Ps: maybe it has already found : Sengoku Basara 3 uses mdl0 format but you have to extract this files from fpk conteiners before. Unfortunatley the animations are not supported by any mdlviewer (so i'm working on them)
...bye

EDIT : i confused something....the correct format is . arc file, in which are set the mdl0 models.
Obviously you need a tool or a script to extract .arc archives.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Now, I know this is a little early, but it's now released, so I may as well ask.

Is there any chance of attempting to dump 3DS games? I'm kinda doubting it uses MDL0s, and I don't know if you'll even be able to dump them, but you never know until you try.
Just wait, people even didn't make a extractable SSBM... And look how many people want...

You gotta wait to come extractors...
By the technology, it probably takes time

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Just wait, people even didn't make a extractable SSBM... And look how many people want...

You gotta wait to come extractors...
By the technology, it probably takes time
Alrighty. I assumed there wouldn't anything to extract it yet, as what I meant to say is WHEN and IF that technology comes out, were you guys going to try and check for MDL0s.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty. I assumed there wouldn't anything to extract it yet, as what I meant to say is WHEN and IF that technology comes out, were you guys going to try and check for MDL0s.
But well, someone already dumped a rom?
If yes, I can check on the HEX for something

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
LOL
Let's get tennis players in Brawl :p
I second this BECAUSE WE CAN!

(EDIT 2: Yep. All six Bit.Trip games use MDL0, which brings our total amount of MDL0-confirmed games up to 100! Whoo! Also, for the compressed files, use the QuickBMS script on this post to decompress them.)
That is very odd. Out of curiosity, I wonder if that's the case for the PC versions too...

Now, I know this is a little early, but it's now released, so I may as well ask.

Is there any chance of attempting to dump 3DS games? I'm kinda doubting it uses MDL0s, and I don't know if you'll even be able to dump them, but you never know until you try.
I'm going to preemptively state that I doubt Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition and the upcoming Megaman Legends 3 use MDL0 because they run on the MT Framework engine, like Lost Planet and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
That is very odd. Out of curiosity, I wonder if that's the case for the PC versions too...
Bit.Trip Runner for the PC uses *.AESCN files, which seem to be vastly different than the MDL0s that the Wii uses. Makes me wonder if the PS2 version of TMNT: Smash-Up is the same way.

hi guys this is my first post, i 'm reading this looong tread and i would ask you how i can dump mdl0 models from memory in dolphin. (the passages) because i don't know this method to dump models
thanks for any help. (I hope not to go off-topic too much XD )

Ps: maybe it has already found : Sengoku Basara 3 uses mdl0 format but you have to extract this files from fpk conteiners before. Unfortunatley the animations are not supported by any mdlviewer (so i'm working on them)...bye
Ah, so it does use MDL0? Then I heard correctly, because they mentioned that over at the XeNTaX forums.

hares85

Smash Rookie
yes, at that time chrrox working on the ps3 version of Sengoku Basara 3 but after made a arc extractor he stopped the project for a problem of bone support ,i think. Anyway that script fortunately worked even for the Wii .arc one ....and the result was some great mdl0 models which have the same quality of the ps3 ones.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I've been checking the XeNTaX forums myself, and there isn't a single thread relating to Mario Sports Mix's compressed files there. Ironic, seeing as Japan has had that game for over 4 months now.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I've been asking for the skeleton model from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My life as a King but nobody seems to want to give it to me or even respond to my messages. Regardless I need that model really bad so I now have the .wad file of FFCC My life as a King now what do I need to do? Do I need to Download Dolphin? How do I memory dump? I need help ASAP
-Omni

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I've been asking for the skeleton model from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles My life as a King but nobody seems to want to give it to me or even respond to my messages. Regardless I need that model really bad so I now have the .wad file of FFCC My life as a King now what do I need to do? Do I need to Download Dolphin? How do I memory dump? I need help ASAP
-Omni
I will take a look tomorrow, or other day

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
-Omni
There are no enemy models in the game. I just checked through every BRRES file in the *.WAD, and there's only characters, not enemies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did a memory dump with Mario Sports Mix, and was able to get the models for...

Mario
Yoshi (all 6 colors)
Peach (both outfits)
Donkey Kong
Ninja (both outfits)
White Mage (both outfits)
Moogle
Cactuar
Shy Guy (both colored goalies)
Petey Piranha

However, whenever I tried to get the models for the following, I always ended up getting the equipment instead...

Luigi (Poltergust 3000)
Daisy (Pom-poms)
Waluigi (unknown mechanism)
Wario (Wario Bomb)
Bowser (Bowser's Shell)
Diddy Kong (Banana)
Bowser Jr. (Paintbrush)
Toad (Mushroom)
Black Mage (Scepter)
Slime (yellow, green, and pink Slimes)

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Shoot, ok well thanks RTB at least I can continue looking now. But I also could use the Crimson Helm boss from Okami if anybody could dump those files and get me that mdl0.
-Omni

Demonslayerx8

Smash Cadet
NNID
Demonslayerx8
do u kno how hard it is just to get the model from Okami... and then properly fix it so that it can work in brawl?

VERY VERY HARD!! took me a loooooong month just to get ammy shown properly in brawl... even though BeyondYou got a model of Susano and put it on toonlink just within a week... o.e

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Virtua Tennis 3 hasn't got MDL0s lol lols . Mew2King

friday M2K. melee hacks & brawl

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
@DemonSlayer Well you my friend surely do not know at all what you're talking about because I've gotten plenty of models from about 25 different games and got them working in Brawl. I'll let you in on a secret: most other game animations even if they are Chr0, DON'T WORK IN BRAWL! I have a collection of mdl0s that work in Brawl and that consists of over 200 models therefore I think I can handle this OKAMI junk.
-Omni

Ps: How do you open .DMP Files??

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Okami is different. There's something weird about its material values... both Demonslayer and I have imported models from other games, but we've tried using okami models, and they don't work most of the time.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
ForOhFor how long have you been hacking Brawl? I see your adept at stage hacking but unless its longer than 2 years (in which case you've got me beat) I think I can handle it I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve that I use when interjecting models. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is open the memory dump up with a program that lets me select the the mdl0 rather than go hexing through it :urg:. Just in case you guys haven't noticed my frequent asking for Skeleton models I desperately need a straight bones skeleton model and you saying its hard doesn't hinder me in the slightest. I apologize if I seem rude or judgemental but I'm frantically trying to find a model and get it into the game a well as developing various size workarounds for some other problems I'm having with the Sasuke Project.
-Omni

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
"dumped from Dolphin's memory"
can someone explain this to me? I really don't know this function... And I tried to search, but only finds MemoryCard Stuff

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
@Omniscient X:
I mean hard, as in nobody has figured it out.
Like, RandomTBush hasn't figured it out.

:/

Whatever, you can try it, but it's devilishy hard, and the model you want may be split up into 2-6 models.

So, to find the files, open up the ISO in wiiscrubber.
It's in the afs file in the ISO, you'll need the AFS explorer here:
http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/270.html
Open the data0.afs with AFS explorer after exporting it (will take a while to export). Open up a .dat file named AAAXX (AAA being letters, XX being digits) file in a hex editor.
These contain, in the first brres in them, textures , and for the other brres files (usually there's only one of these), models.
The brres files are the parts of the .dat file from one instance of bresþÿ to the next (don't select the second bresþÿ).
Copy the hex data into a new file, save it as a brres file.
Then fix it as usual.
There's some more you have to do to get it to work ingame, but the steps aren't really documented. Ask Demonslayer, he's the only one I've seen getting them working.

Here's what I've found out about file contents, be the file names:

anXX - Animals
hmXX - Humans/People
rfXX - Stages?
itXX - Items?
emXX - Enemys, found one of the gods from the game here. Probably contains bosses
wpXX - weapons/projectiles
drXX - Doors? (I know, I was surprised too)
hlXX - Important humans? Found Susano+waka here!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Can someone get me the Real Hadoken model from TVC?

i need it for the Ryu project i'm working on. and i don't think Lucario's Aura Sphere will do for now.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Form 2 pages ago:
As for making a memory dump, you'll need Dolphin and ProcessMemoryDumper. Simply emulate the game under Dolphin, and then use PMD to dump Dolphin's memory. You'll need around 600MB for each memory dump, though.

ManicHedgehog

Smash Rookie
If you're on windows seven, you can just open the task manager, go to the processes tab, right-click the process you want to dump, and click the create dump file button

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"dumped from Dolphin's memory"
can someone explain this to me? I really don't know this function... And I tried to search, but only finds MemoryCard Stuff
With Windows, you need to access the Task Manager. From there, check the list of programs that are in progress. Find the one named Dolphin.exe, right-click on it, and then choose "Create Dump File".

Note: Windows 7 users have to have administrative privileges to do memory dumps this way.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
With Windows, you need to access the Task Manager. From there, check the list of programs that are in progress. Find the one named Dolphin.exe, right-click on it, and then choose "Create Dump File".

Note: Windows 7 users have to have administrative privileges to do memory dumps this way.
Oh thanks...
Yeah, I'm already administrator

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
The Tales of Bearsworth Manor: Chaotic Conflicts has MDL0s. (memory dump shows BRRES files and MDL0 files)
However, even with a memory dump, I can't hex out the models. The MDL0 text should be at the start of the line in hex, but it's around the middle.

EDIT: Oh, and check Eyeshield 21: Field no Saikyou Senshi Tachi.
I'm gonna check Super Paper Mario. If it has MDL0s, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn may have them as well.

Scratch that. Paper mario didn't have MDL0s

This is all based off of companies publishing, mind you, besides Tales of Bearsworth Manor, which I checked.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Can someone get me the Real Hadoken model from TVC?

i need it for the Ryu project i'm working on. and i don't think Lucario's Aura Sphere will do for now.
use a Landmaster shot or Wolf's blaster shot . retexure and tweek the animation as needed.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
For the Skinu Hadouken you could combine graphical effects and the halberd laser, though it'd probably look nicer if you could get the actual model of that working :p

Sunshiner

Smash Rookie
Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to retrieve the models from Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games(mouthfull)? I went into the figureskate section and extracted the cpk files then unpacked them with utf and all I got was a bunch of annimation files and a few other unknown files. No mdl0. Im assuming theres something rather simple that I'm skipping over and that I'm a nudnick but any help would be appreciated.

ForOhFor Error

Smash Cadet
Okay, I really need to know how to do the material and polygon fixing through the BRRES file, only looking at the hex.

I'm making a better model hexing program, but I absolutely need those steps...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did get some news regarding Mario Sports Mix's files...

Apparently, a user from the RVLution forums has made a decompiler for that game. I'm trying to make contact with him to see if that truly is the case.

If it is, then there might be another method for getting the models, instead of relying only on memory dumps.

**Edit 4/9**

The person replied back to me, and said that he made a script that's designed to decompress the Mario Sports Mix files; it wasn't a decompiler at all. However, the script is a .cpp file, so I'm not sure how to use it yet.

On a side note, while there is a script to decompress the files, a recompressing script doesn't exist yet.

**Edit 4/10**

I was able to test out the c++ script, but it's not without its flaws; some files cause the script to crash.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alright, I got a buddy over at KC:MM who doesn't have an account here.

He wants to know:
"Do any of you guys know how to export a stage out of Sonic Colors? I can't seem to find any decompressers for the CPK file as it states on the first page."

Top Bottom