• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayo Clinic: Over! The ingredients are in the bowl... Did the emulsion hold together, or did it break like so many crumbling Oreos?

D

Deleted member

No, we don't have a doc, we have five.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd way for a town player to acknowledge the loss of only one of the docs. To me it seems to imply "there are no more docs left", and the only team for which that is true is the mafia. If it were me I'd have said something like "we've lost one of our docs" here.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if I've learned anything from the few games I've played, it's that awkward phrasing often points to the truth. I'm going to go through the rest of the thread more closely in a bit so I can actually start doing something other than putting myself in a bad position, but this struck me as odd as soon as I read it.
I also thought it to be weird but didn't think much of it. At the very least it mean J is a Town Vig, if not, then...

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I’m in general agreement that we should be trying to pursue both the SK as well as the final mafioso since hunting for them both will be similar in stature; they’re both going to be acting independently of a team. Opossum and Ura really didn’t form many connections to begin with, so analyzing individual play will be much more important.

Opinion on J since he is being discussed - I think it is odd that he is trying to distance himself from the Kantrip wagon by suggesting that it is not likely for all three scum to have hopped on board, especially since this would indirectly excuse himself from being a potential suspect since he was on the Kantrip wagon. The option B he listed is also kind of peculiar since it kind of doesn’t make much sense; I’m not sure why we would be waiting for twilight to discuss the SK.

#HBC | J #HBC | J I do find you suspicious at the moment, but I’m not closed off from discourse. What in particular did you want to discuss?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
48 hours please! Im heading off to work so I’ll be back in the evening and I’ll grab the questions aimed at me later.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well for one thing, with each phase only being 24 hours and having work, I wasn't around for the last half of the phase when the Kantrip wagon happened, if I did appear in the thread it was most likely during my work break, meaning I wouldn't have the time to respond only to read the thread. So I sat on my vote not because I was purposely trying to hide, but mostly my inability change it as I wasn't around during a good portion of the day phase. I will admit that doesn't indicate me as more town or more scum. Just giving my perspective.
I do still rvs during Day 1 has some merit overall, and I'm sticking by it.
Understood.

And go ahead, for i'll stick by my own.
I agree that claiming a "randomizer" for doing anything seems like a cheap way to absolve someone of guilt. This was the excuse Ura used when he voted for my slot and kept it on even while deadline was approaching.

However, I think the major difference between Fire Emblemnier and Moydow/Ura is that Fire Emblemnier didn't put his vote into action on Opossum (I think, if memory serves) while Moydow/Ura likely had intended on keeping their votes in place had I not called them out on it; there was virtually no scum hunting or attempts from either of these players to develop their vote. In other words, talk is cheap, votes aren't.

I am not sure if Moydow/Ura are paired, albeit they did have some awkward interactions. Ura pointed out that Moydow had "similar RNG to himself" and also seemingly asked Moydow a direct question, to which Moydow did not ever respond to either of these comments:

Still haven't decided where my vote is going to be, currently filling out my notebook of goods. I'll provide some direction in a bit.
True, that is why he is only a suspect of the line, and not my main focus of gunning down. Everyone else has patterns that don't follow both confirmed scums actions, moydow fits right in either as a terrible unfortunate coincidence or as our target.
Ehhhh.

Yeah, actually, I think Moydow is a good direction. I kind of wish scum hadn't died so early because Opossum and Ura really hadn't formed many connections, but I think this is a good avenue of approach nonetheless.

Vote: Moydow

I would be interested in hearing more from other slots though if they feel there is a better avenue. Would really like to see more from Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Maven89 Maven89 Pokechu Pokechu
I personally found plenty of connections from last phase, those last 4 hours were a hidden mine.

If you wish i'll display my list for you and everyone to view of the connections and list of things i consider to be game meaningful, its not fully accurate but i did comb through the pages at the start of this phase well i believe.
Shishoe: unknown, alive.
Targets pokechu relentlessly.
Hated to be mislynched through rng.
Reads bardul as town, suspects one of moydow and ura to be scum, finds no problem with kantrip, no clue on j and darkpit, asked maven why he eats babies.
Went into detail why he reads bardul as town.

Bardul: unknown, alive.
Voted j, claiming so he won't vote him for....something i refuse to type and pronounce.
Asked a few players what they think about me and shishoe.
Doc: me, cop: maven, kill: anyone who rng voted (i like this man).
Voted shishoe out of self survival, called out moydow and ura.
Voted moydow out of distaste for rng.
Found kantrip defense of shishoe to be scummy, but found their vote for pokechu to be in reason.
Asked more users of their opinions of kantrips lynch.
Defends his shishoe vote as self preservation.

Pokechu: unknown, alive.
Was busy and out most of the day, nothing to be said.
Disagree with the rng votes.
Most suspect of moydow, and most in favor of bardul.

moydow: unknown, alive
Voted bardul randomly.
Cop: shish or me leaning shish, doc: fire for docing them, kill: randomed bardul.
Posted a vote count.
Complained about their vote was used early and unvoted for it being an issue.
Defends themselves by saying they posted a vote count, suspects kantrip.

j: unknown, alive
Voted bardul at first, then switched to shishoe after he saw what he said and for shishoe because he had the cutest avi.
Unvoted and wanted to have more indepth talk with kantrip and ura.
Had a teardown wall against kantrip lining out their defense and justifications.
Asked why we shouldn't vote kantrip, voted kantrip,
Finds kantrip question as a deflection, but does find barduls vote of shishoe odd.

Opossum: scum doc, dead.
"Random" vote darkpit.
Thinks its "rood" for fire to random kill him.
Thinks the pokechu lynch is random, unvotes and votes kantrip.

fire: unknown, alive.
Random vote maven.
Doc: moydow, cop: shish, kill, randomed opossum.

Kon: unknown, alive.
Chewed shish for always voting pokechu.
Voted pokechu for being inactive.
Unvoted pokechu after kantrips vote, finding it very suspicous.
Believed who would reveal the most would be shish, kantrip, and moydow. voted moydow.

Kantrip: town doc, dead.
Voted me because i'm against rvs.
Not on board for shishoes lynch, would rather me or pokechu.
Voted pokechu right after i voted to prefer his lynch over shish.
Outlined that they caused a commotion, defeneded their vote and had no strong prefrence other than a not rvs lynch.
Wanted ura to outline why suspect and asked everyone their idea of barduls vote of shishoe.
Has a town lean on bardul, and chewed people out and defends he joined a lynch he liked.

Maven: unknown, alive.
Voted shishoe, claiming theory why he was late to confirm was because he chated in mafia chat.

Ura: scum doc-block, dead.
"Random" voted bardul.
Thinks me and shish spat to mean nothing.
Cop: katnip at random, doc: fire at random, kill: bardul at random, if claiming truth he provided nothing substantial what so ever.
Unvoted bardul and voted kantrip to jump the lynch.

Darkpit: unknown, alive.
Had slight, perhaps nothing reaction to opossums vote.
Followed majority and voted shishoe.
Neutral on me and shish, thinks little of randomness.
Unvoted shishoe and voted kantrip to jump majority.
Welp. Not sure if there's much I can do to dig myself out of this mess, but here goes nothing.

Not going to bother making too many excuses for the ****show that was my day 1 performance. I was actually busy and not able to pay much attention to here, but that's not going to convince anyone. If nothing else I at least understand the problem, so I'll try not to let it happen again.

I will admit I wanted to observe to some extent how suspicious people would find me if I contributed little (since Kon at least has said he interprets me being quiet to mean me being scum), to which it turns out the answer is "very". I know that's not really very town-friendly and is entirely self-serving, but I'd just put it down to wanting to observe and understand the game better.

I won't ask anyone to apologise if I get lynched and turn up clean, since that'll all be on me; obviously I know you're going to get nowhere by removing me, but of course I would say that either way.

I'm not going to be around for most of today so I won't be able to contribute much today either; if you want to just lynch me to get rid of someone who isn't able to do much, then that's fine by me, or I can just drop out and let someone else take over. I was rather hoping we'd have at least 48 hour phases for this (don't think it was mentioned before the game started that phases were 24 hours, if I'd known that before the game started I wouldn't have signed up), but oh well.
Life first before games mate. There can be multiple games to play but only one life to play. Always pick life and busyness over a forum.

And i find your defense questionable. I've played with you a good amount, and you do not come off as the type of attempt to test things out using your limb, nor to appease and defend. In other words this comes rather out of character for me, though it could be because you see the rope and don't have much to say but anguish in which case i do understand that.

It is either a poor turn of fate, or you are the last mafia that got tracked down through your dead comrades, or you are the serial killer pinned for a crime you didn't commit. Sorry to say but your flip is needed.

There is no apologies nor distaste here, it is the matter of the game, if there is negative feelings left over you can take it out on us after the game ends and mock us relentlessly.
Good morning everyone!

All i can think of is katt when i see this.
Let's take a second to recap!

So far we are starting the game statistically in the green to win the game, however, mafia loves to defy statistics. ;) I will say that with the two mafia flips we lucked out with the Vig/SK getting BINGO's last night. That's amazing information to go off of! I am actually excited because the game seems to be looking a bit clearer.

The Kanty wagon yesterday seems to have formed tangible connections to the scum-team from yesterDay, but we can't go forward thinking that the entire scum-team had the same opinion on the Kanty wagon and also the same scum-hop mentality. Based on what I was re-reading, both Ura/Oppo were in the category of opportunistic scum though in terms of leaving us stuff to work at, not really anything to extrapolate on.

I would like us to shine light on some of the slots that are in the shadows who haven't had a chance to say anything, though at the end of the day they need to speak up or the game has a way of dealing with inactive slots through Mod/vote outs.

To give a little insight as to my reads this so far:

LonKon/Bard/Shishoe = I'm okay with for toDay. ( BarDulL BarDulL should talk to me though.)
PokeChu/Moydow/Fire Emblemier = Need to talk more toDay in particular
Maven/Darkpit = ??? (the two inactive slots, honestly 0 thoughts from me here)

I have no strong leans as to the final mafia member though the SK I am having more fun putting in their shoes and I like who I have their, though I consider Indy's side-quests until we solve the main puzzle unless they become a more relevant issue to our survival.

Gameplans:

A.) We could use the Day to search for the final mafia memeber and finish that up *Main Story Arch*
B.) We could begin our SK discussion since it is 7v1v1 currently. This is something that should be discussed during the twilight phase because of the fact we no longer have a Doc. *Side-Quest*
C.) We could just ignore everything and throw a massive party?
D.) All of the above.

I'm moving forward with option D personally and just going to try and tackle these together. If anyone has strong feels or thoughts, I am definitely down to discuss them. I have to look at some of the posts today again and see if I wanted to quote anything, but hopefully this gets us a good start to this Phase.
fair enough really, though i consider pokechu to be more in the clear as neither mafia made any moves towards him, if we actually hadd a mafia member in line one of those two should of made more of an impact instead of waiting around watching. Doesn't clear him, just makes me content to trust for today.

And i do agree it is about time we hunt for the sk. Normally i'll always focus on mafia first, as with their bonus numbers can spell a quick end to town if we don't chop it down. But with their numbers eliminated leaving only one player left their main advantage is broken meaning either or cuts down our death rates by half.

I'll go with A, and focus on the scum readings the dead mafia left behind personally.
If people were wanting 48-hour Day phases from now on, that is certainly a thing I could do.
Please. I'm not always active, 48 or a 72 hour phase would do much wonder, last one was to damn fast.
I think massclaiming should only be done when we're down to one scum(mafioso) or SK, a Doctor claiming right now would just have them aim literally anywhere else.
I agree there, especially if the sk is all thats left because through there the vigs will have done their job.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems like an odd way for a town player to acknowledge the loss of only one of the docs. To me it seems to imply "there are no more docs left", and the only team for which that is true is the mafia. If it were me I'd have said something like "we've lost one of our docs" here.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if I've learned anything from the few games I've played, it's that awkward phrasing often points to the truth. I'm going to go through the rest of the thread more closely in a bit so I can actually start doing something other than putting myself in a bad position, but this struck me as odd as soon as I read it.
. . . That is a possible slip you may have uncovered. . .

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Quick hit before I head out to work:

Just for clarity, I did not find Kantrip's defense of Shish to be scummy; I believe my phrasing was that "I did not find it to be particularly scummy" or something like that. The Shish wagon really wasn't that great. I also thought his Pokechu vote was fine since it fell in line with his approach; he had suggested he would prefer an inactive over Shish.

I'll concede that the timing of Kantrip's posts could have been better placed, and I understand why people thought his defense of Shish was eerily timed. I guess I was willing to dismiss the timing of his vote over the fact that what he was saying was true; J and Maven had RVS votes on Shish, and Darkpit seemed to be hopping on the Shish wagon because "the majority was doing it."

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Here's what I've got at the moment:

J: Already mentioned how I found his choice of wording odd. But I'll let him explain that before making any judgement call, since rereading his other posts didn't raise anything overly suspicious to me, and he was at least putting in work in terms of trying to locate the mafia, even if it didn't pan out favourably in the end. The Kantrip lynch could well be him targeting a player who other people had fingered as suspect just to direct a relatively easy mislynch, though; it's not hard to imagine all three mafiosi being on the Kantrip wagon, being that Kantrip got four votes (Ura, Darkpit, J, Opossum, in order of when the votes were cast).

Kon: Is consistent with what I've seen before in terms of waiting until he has something concrete to go on before speaking up. Seems fine so far. Obviously I don't agree with him targeting me, but I get where he's coming from since I brought most of it upon myself.

Maven: Has made only one post in the entire game. So it's impossible for any of us to read anything from him.

Bardull: I'm curious as to how he was allowed to survive the night, being that he was one of the most active players yesterday, and probably the one most consistently being read as town. If he didn't get doc'd by a townie, then that'd seem to imply either he was doc'd by the mafia doc (and is therefore the remaining goon), he's the SK and is immune to nightkills, or he was allowed to live because he was targeting me and the mafia will know he's barking up the wrong tree. I'm assuming for now that he got doc'd, since I don't have a negative read on him at the moment even in spite of him targeting me - at least he's been probing and asking questions throughout the game, which is usually a good sign of someone being town. (For what it's worth I think it's too early yet for the docs to start claiming anything.)

Shish: At the start of the game I too thought it odd that he didn't confirm in the thread before being prompted, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Other than that he seems consistent with what I've seen of him in other games. I'm inclined to let him be for now.

Pokechu: The second most inactive player, with only three posts (one of which was to make a correction). Again, can't read anything from them.

Darkpit: Don't know them at all so it's hard for me to form a solid opinion on them. Hasn't really done much, other than just following along with other people's opinions. I can't tell if this is indicative of a scum player just hopping on whatever the largest wagon appears to be, or just that they genuinely didn't see any better route to take.

FireEmblemier: If he was on the same team as Opossum, he probably wouldn't have misread Opo's role PM. So at the least, I don't think he's the remaining mafioso. Haven't picked up on anything from him to suggest at him being the SK, though, so I'm fine with him for now (though I would also point out that I'm not really sure exactly what to look for in hunting the SK).

Myself: I mean, I'd vote for me too on the basis of my day one play. If nothing else, it should at least be clear that I wasn't working with Ura, or else I'd have just allowed Bard to get lynched rather than unvote while both our votes were on him, or jump on the wagon of someone closer to being lynched like Kantrip, rather than leave no vote. You lot can decide for yourselves if you think that means I'm the serial killer or not, but on that point I would argue that I wouldn't risk leaving both Kon and Bard alive when they were targeting me; even if killing them made me look suspicious, leaving them alive to continue making their arguments would seem riskier to me.

--------
I don't really have anything in terms of who I'd finger for SK, but that could just be because I'm not really sure what to look out for there. I figure, compared to the mafia, the serial killer benefits a lot more from trying to be helpful to the town and help them make reads and draw connections, since they have no allies to lose, and more to gain from appearing to act in the town's interests, so it could well be one of the people I'm currently reading as mostly town-like.

As for the last mafioso, would anyone else say it is worthwhile targeting an inactive slot at this point? If so, I would go for Maven or Pokechu; if not, then I'd like to hear more from J and Darkpit in particular before deciding on anything (though obviously I want to see Maven and Chu actually contribute something too).

--------
On the matter of 48-hour phases, I'm all in favour. Would at least give me more space to live my life without having to worry about keeping on top of proceedings here (assuming I survive past today, I guess).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
And i find your defense questionable. I've played with you a good amount, and you do not come off as the type of attempt to test things out using your limb, nor to appease and defend. In other words this comes rather out of character for me, though it could be because you see the rope and don't have much to say but anguish in which case i do understand that.
I don't know about that. In a game like this there are a lot of things I think I just need to experiment with and gain first-hand experience in, before I can fully understand the mechanics and specifics behind them. Same as in a video game, where I'll want to experiment with as many features as possible so as to get a measure of how they work. You'd be right to say that normally I'm not much of a risk-taker, though I've been trying to overcome that at least in the realm of games and game design, to further my own learning ability.

Once I got through the first game or two where I was still finding my bearings in the game, my plan became to experiment with various levels of activity, in order to figure out what the correct balance for each situation would be -- in the last few games I tried to contribute more, while for this game, once I realised the schedule here didn't align well with my own, I decided to roll with it and see how people responded. Evidently it's not really worked out, so right now it's back to the drawing board since I have most of the weekend free.

Though if you really do believe that lynching me will yield you anything useful, then I guess I won't argue. Whatever helps the town win works for me. I'd offer to help see myself out, but given my track record I don't imagine anyone will trust me not to pull a last-second unvote if I attempt to vote myself out. :p Though such a stunt would be a dumb move given my already-unfavourable position here anyway.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm definitely happy about 48 hours.

I would be interested in hearing more from other slots though if they feel there is a better avenue. Would really like to see more from Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Maven89 Maven89 Pokechu Pokechu
I don't have time to really answer right now, I'll be back in a couple hours and give my opinion on everybody

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
J: Already mentioned how I found his choice of wording odd. But I'll let him explain that before making any judgement call, since rereading his other posts didn't raise anything overly suspicious to me, and he was at least putting in work in terms of trying to locate the mafia, even if it didn't pan out favourably in the end. The Kantrip lynch could well be him targeting a player who other people had fingered as suspect just to direct a relatively easy mislynch, though; it's not hard to imagine all three mafiosi being on the Kantrip wagon, being that Kantrip got four votes (Ura, Darkpit, J, Opossum, in order of when the votes were cast).
You do indeed have a solid point you have made up on J. The only defense him being not a mafia is that the two flips we have showed exact opposite patterns and instead of being heavily inclined they preferred to sit back and not influence at all and put down votes. It is that behavior that leads me to believe those who were majorly involved with the last phase are unlikely to be mafia as the two showned showed a preference to not move in, meaning they felt no need to. Though all that is, is circumference behavior we suspect, the actual mafia could be following through on any as long as they fit the bill of fighting for their win con. . .
Bardull: I'm curious as to how he was allowed to survive the night, being that he was one of the most active players yesterday, and probably the one most consistently being read as town. If he didn't get doc'd by a townie, then that'd seem to imply either he was doc'd by the mafia doc (and is therefore the remaining goon), he's the SK and is immune to nightkills, or he was allowed to live because he was targeting me and the mafia will know he's barking up the wrong tree. I'm assuming for now that he got doc'd, since I don't have a negative read on him at the moment even in spite of him targeting me - at least he's been probing and asking questions throughout the game, which is usually a good sign of someone being town. (For what it's worth I think it's too early yet for the docs to start claiming anything.)
This is a game with 5 doctors, and he had the most heavy town read available. Even if he is not town there was likely zilch to near chance of him dying that phase. Because we have 5 doctors, and 2 of the 4 kills would be counter inductive at the time to shoot him. Taking in any amount of logic anyone listing the doctor count would instantly realize his chance of survival easily. And instead would rather pick someone with a better chance to kill thats neither suspect nor unlikely to get protected.

Whoever that is, obviously failed. Since mafia would not attack themselves and the only kills are in fact mafia. It could be possible they thought to remove bardul and hoping to reverse psychology his death. But we have literally no idea till after the game.

I do find the theory of yours that he was doc'd by the mafia doc before their passing to be rather inane. . . Because no vig would likely have shot him leaving only the sk, and whos to say the sk is the one of the responsible of the mafia kills. . . The theory just seems rather low of actually being brought up and chance of occurring knowing the factors.
FireEmblemier: If he was on the same team as Opossum, he probably wouldn't have misread Opo's role PM. So at the least, I don't think he's the remaining mafioso. Haven't picked up on anything from him to suggest at him being the SK, though, so I'm fine with him for now (though I would also point out that I'm not really sure exactly what to look for in hunting the SK).
It is a good idea, but claiming naivety is not bulletproof. It was my own naivety plan i caused back in the fire emblem game that swindled bardul away from pokechu and lynch red ryu that caused me and you a victory for mafia. Its not a solid defense to prove he is not part of the same fraction and did a off hand stunt to look innocent.
Myself: I mean, I'd vote for me too on the basis of my day one play. If nothing else, it should at least be clear that I wasn't working with Ura, or else I'd have just allowed Bard to get lynched rather than unvote while both our votes were on him, or jump on the wagon of someone closer to being lynched like Kantrip, rather than leave no vote. You lot can decide for yourselves if you think that means I'm the serial killer or not, but on that point I would argue that I wouldn't risk leaving both Kon and Bard alive when they were targeting me; even if killing them made me look suspicious, leaving them alive to continue making their arguments would seem riskier to me.
Makes sense you would smudge the two who are most against you upon your death. What better targets then the ones who killed you in a lynch.

You would have continued to sat on your vote if bardul did not protest, your actions will continue to speak louder than your claims if they can not be backed up. And Ura was quite happy to sit on the same vote till kantrip suddenly rosed and he jumped that wagon. You have nothing to rose that you are not working with Ura, with the only difference is that he jumped aboard while you appeased doesn't seem like good form of justification.

I said before the three options you are either the scum that followed patterns, the third party that got mixed up, or an unfortunate amount of coincidences. Regardless i believe a flip will reveal good info for us no matter.
I don't know about that. In a game like this there are a lot of things I think I just need to experiment with and gain first-hand experience in, before I can fully understand the mechanics and specifics behind them. Same as in a video game, where I'll want to experiment with as many features as possible so as to get a measure of how they work. You'd be right to say that normally I'm not much of a risk-taker, though I've been trying to overcome that at least in the realm of games and game design, to further my own learning ability.

Once I got through the first game or two where I was still finding my bearings in the game, my plan became to experiment with various levels of activity, in order to figure out what the correct balance for each situation would be -- in the last few games I tried to contribute more, while for this game, once I realised the schedule here didn't align well with my own, I decided to roll with it and see how people responded. Evidently it's not really worked out, so right now it's back to the drawing board since I have most of the weekend free.

Though if you really do believe that lynching me will yield you anything useful, then I guess I won't argue. Whatever helps the town win works for me. I'd offer to help see myself out, but given my track record I don't imagine anyone will trust me not to pull a last-second unvote if I attempt to vote myself out. :p Though such a stunt would be a dumb move given my already-unfavourable position here anyway.
Hm. . . Fair enough. I'll take it as is.

And i do. No hard feelings but it is how the dice fall.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 When you get the chance, I would like to hear your thoughts on the exchange between Moydow and LoneKonWolf goung on above.

Anyways, with 2 of the mafia members out so early, we don't have much to go on when connecting people back to Ura and Opossum. You can argue for days on whether or not the last mafia member was on the Kantrip wagon or not. Though it's sort of a Schrodinger's cat situation, where until we find out who the mafia member is, the last mafioso was both on the kantrip wagon and isn't.
Basically, it's more like the last mafia member is more of a bulletproof-less version of the SK, given that now they are both on their own against town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah, with 5 docs and me being town read by a lot of people, I imagine I was doc’d by at least one person. Maybe not, but as scum I would have been apprehensive towards trying to kill me regardless. I wouldn’t be surprised if I just lived throughout the game with the threat of 5 docs looming over scum.

But hey, maybe trying to kill me is still worth a shot? ;)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Inb4 scum/vigs choose not to target me and the docs also decide not to target me. :awesome:

*ahem*

Anywho, kinda annoyed that some slots are completely MIA, but it is what it is I guess. Really would rather not take aim at inactives or let them be shot down, but perhaps that’s what needs to happen. :/

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This is a game with 5 doctors, and he had the most heavy town read available. Even if he is not town there was likely zilch to near chance of him dying that phase. Because we have 5 doctors, and 2 of the 4 kills would be counter inductive at the time to shoot him. Taking in any amount of logic anyone listing the doctor count would instantly realize his chance of survival easily. And instead would rather pick someone with a better chance to kill thats neither suspect nor unlikely to get protected.

Whoever that is, obviously failed. Since mafia would not attack themselves and the only kills are in fact mafia. It could be possible they thought to remove bardul and hoping to reverse psychology his death. But we have literally no idea till after the game.

I do find the theory of yours that he was doc'd by the mafia doc before their passing to be rather inane. . . Because no vig would likely have shot him leaving only the sk, and whos to say the sk is the one of the responsible of the mafia kills. . . The theory just seems rather low of actually being brought up and chance of occurring knowing the factors.
Well, I did say that I figured someone would have doc'd him on the basis that most people were reading him as town. Just throwing some ideas out there, is all.

It's still possible that he is the SK and just trying to blend in with the rest of us, but of course the same could equally be true of me, or you, or just about anyone else here.

I said before the three options you are either the scum that followed patterns, the third party that got mixed up, or an unfortunate amount of coincidences. Regardless i believe a flip will reveal good info for us no matter.
I already know from past experience how you can jump on patterns like that to draw connections, so if I were mafia why would I risk giving you something to work with? Obviously that doesn't clear me of potentially being the SK, but again that's true of everyone.

The only information you're going to get from lynching me is to prove that I just had a really bad first day, and that you need to abandon your theory of patterns and start looking elsewhere, with little else to go on. Do you think that information is worth losing another townie? But I guess the town is in a strong enough position that one more loss may not matter.

But whatever. If I need to die to prove this to you, then so be it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Huh

I'm reading up on the last page and there's something I actually wanna comment on

How cool!!!!!! I'm helping!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well two things

Omg.......... I'm actually talking???????????

I thought I'd just be inactive forever

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Waiting for my computer to start up though RIP

No way I'm going to town on mobile

D

Deleted member

You doing okay there, Chu?

Also, Maven hasn't popped up ever since so I'd like to see if he's still alive.
Maven89 Maven89

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You doing okay there, Chu?

Also, Maven hasn't popped up ever since so I'd like to see if he's still alive.
Maven89 Maven89
My laptop was just in sleep mode

and I'm a tab hoarder so I never close out my browser

It finally started responding again

I just get really attached to my tabs LOL

laptop: open
thinking cap: on
giddy: UP

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Moydow seems pretty genuine to me, I think she only seems out of character because she hasn't been town in a real mafia environment yet. She was a mafia in FE's game, the cultist in White's, and then we had Popcorn afterwards. She hasn't needed to worry about votes as a townie because she's never been town in a voting environment. Her posts are really authentic to me, and I think she's trying to make do with what she has, given how she was expecting 48 hour phases but really got 24.

One thing I've always liked about Moydow is how she can metagame. She's always the one to contribute with pieces of evidence such as this
FireEmblemier: If he was on the same team as Opossum, he probably wouldn't have misread Opo's role PM. So at the least, I don't think he's the remaining mafioso.
Even in her first appearance in FE's game she was putting evidence together as a mafia. Her town game was REALLY good. Her offering theories like this, which Kon shut down
If Barney didn't get doc'd by a townie, then that'd seem to imply either he was doc'd by the mafia doc (and is therefore the remaining goon), he's the SK and is immune to nightkills,
is just her being in-character.

I see no reason to target Moydow. Just because she's followed similar patterns as Opo/Ura doesn't mean she has to be the third mafia. I think it's obvious she's townie, and she's in fact the one I'm townreading most right now. Barney just got dethroned LOL

Makes sense you would smudge the two who are most against you upon your death. What better targets then the ones who killed you in a lynch.
Could you explain what you mean by this? Assuming that Moy is town and she said that, I don't think it's smudging you or Barney because she said that she was fine with the both of you. And obviously if she flipped SK/Mafia goon we would see she was just trying to take you guys under with her.
Kon: Is consistent with what I've seen before in terms of waiting until he has something concrete to go on before speaking up. Seems fine so far.
Bardull: I'm assuming for now that he got doc'd, since I don't have a negative read on him at the moment even in spite of him targeting me - at least he's been probing and asking questions throughout the game, which is usually a good sign of someone being town.

Maybe not, but as scum I would have been apprehensive towards trying to kill me regardless.I wouldn’t be surprised if I just lived throughout the game with the threat of 5 docs looming over scum.
I'm curious, why do you say this? You are the most active person, but it's this exact same line of thinking that may lead to your death; "I'm sure someone else already protected him, let me protect X!"
#HBC | J #HBC | J #HBC | J #HBC | J I do find you suspicious at the moment,
I can agree with this though.

One thing I found strange was during yesterDay I checked his activity and it said he was in a private conversation; for someone whose last post before this game started was Sept 8., and before that in August 2017, I don't know who he could be PMing besides his scummates.

Combing through some posts now, some of the questions I had I realized had already been answered RIP

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Also I don't think Maven is scum either, he could be because he's inactive but he's always busy with work irl isn't he? He had to replace out of Fire's game so I don't think his inactivity leads to him being scum.

I'd say the most suspicious is J. Barney ironically could end up being a threat though. He's the most active person, and I think we're all going to townread him just by proxy for that. I'll take a closer read at his posts; I do think he's town but this is something to watch out for.

D

Deleted member

I think Chu makes a good point on Moydow but I still believe we should take out the inactives first, we've lost way too many games due to not doing so early on. Until Maven comes back and says SOMETHING, I'n keeping my vote on him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I realized I may or may not have done an infamous J blonde typing error so it seems I need to go back and re-read my own posts.

why am I this way...
;____;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh my! That's more than a typing error. I'm just horrid at reading rules at the beginning of games since I feel I had every role/thing memorized ^_^"

Jeez, I really am rusty. Well, I would rather not have the same mistake of yesterDay be made twice and now that I know we actually have more than one doc I can actually be of much better assistance if I just go on ahead and clear the air now.

Sooo uh, hi, I'm the town Vig. I shot Ura last night as my shot as who I thought was the most hoppy on my wagon of Kanty. Funny enough it was between Ura and Oppossum, but Ura was my personal shot. Ura was also a gut feel as well since D1 based on who I feel had the highest probability of being scum based on the Kanty wagon.

The reason I was pushing Kanty yesterDay was because Kanty is one the harder slots of mine to read over the coming years, though what I have learned in my pushes against Kanty is that he is a great player in pulling information out of areas of the game that I have no way of accessing due to his nature. I wanted to try and hammer out my read on Kanty while he was in the thread posting because the only other slot I find from the past a bit more confusing rather than not is Maven and he has not been in the game at all. At the end of the Day-Phase at D1, I had Kanty as null. I did not want to have him lynched if we had had more time because near the end of his posting spree the mentality of his posts were becoming more clear and when we cleared our own misunderstanding between our perspectives, most of my problems vanished and he sat pretty even.

I see everyone talking about that we should be using the Day-Phase to try and lynch someone like Maven. I agree that getting rid of a slot that is totally inactive is a great idea. We should though ask #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe for a quick prod on Maven89 Maven89 so that we can generate a post for toDay's sake. Though for inactives, we should not be focusing on lynching them and be lynching more for the information of things still because Maven would just not give anything at all on the next DayPhase.

If Maven is not back in the game, no doc is going to be protecting him and I will can just use my Vig ability since it's compulsive to get rid of the inactives of the town. I usually aim at inactives if I do not have a strong enough scum-read or gut feel on a slot.

Question for everyone:

If you could lynch anyone in the game that isn't Maven/Darkpit at this very second, who would it be with a little like one line reason as to why?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I just like seeing Nabe get in uniform and be all official.

Perfect thing to go with a cup of coffee in the morning.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm curious, why do you say this? You are the most active person, but it's this exact same line of thinking that may lead to your death; "I'm sure someone else already protected him, let me protect X!"

One thing I found strange was during yesterDay I checked his activity and it said he was in a private conversation; for someone whose last post before this game started was Sept 8., and before that in August 2017, I don't know who he could be PMing besides his scummates.

Combing through some posts now, some of the questions I had I realized had already been answered RIP
It was mostly just a quick-hit response to Moydow's tidbit about my slot. But yeah it's probably better for me not to speculate on how night actions are being used.

As an aside, I wouldn't read too much into the "reading conversations" activity; I have a tendency to PM my thoughts to the host for instance regardless of alignment.

Oh my! That's more than a typing error. I'm just horrid at reading rules at the beginning of games since I feel I had every role/thing memorized ^_^"

Jeez, I really am rusty. Well, I would rather not have the same mistake of yesterDay be made twice and now that I know we actually have more than one doc I can actually be of much better assistance if I just go on ahead and clear the air now.

Sooo uh, hi, I'm the town Vig. I shot Ura last night as my shot as who I thought was the most hoppy on my wagon of Kanty. Funny enough it was between Ura and Oppossum, but Ura was my personal shot. Ura was also a gut feel as well since D1 based on who I feel had the highest probability of being scum based on the Kanty wagon.

The reason I was pushing Kanty yesterDay was because Kanty is one the harder slots of mine to read over the coming years, though what I have learned in my pushes against Kanty is that he is a great player in pulling information out of areas of the game that I have no way of accessing due to his nature. I wanted to try and hammer out my read on Kanty while he was in the thread posting because the only other slot I find from the past a bit more confusing rather than not is Maven and he has not been in the game at all. At the end of the Day-Phase at D1, I had Kanty as null. I did not want to have him lynched if we had had more time because near the end of his posting spree the mentality of his posts were becoming more clear and when we cleared our own misunderstanding between our perspectives, most of my problems vanished and he sat pretty even.

I see everyone talking about that we should be using the Day-Phase to try and lynch someone like Maven. I agree that getting rid of a slot that is totally inactive is a great idea. We should though ask #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe for a quick prod on Maven89 Maven89 so that we can generate a post for toDay's sake. Though for inactives, we should not be focusing on lynching them and be lynching more for the information of things still because Maven would just not give anything at all on the next DayPhase.

If Maven is not back in the game, no doc is going to be protecting him and I will can just use my Vig ability since it's compulsive to get rid of the inactives of the town. I usually aim at inactives if I do not have a strong enough scum-read or gut feel on a slot.

Question for everyone:

If you could lynch anyone in the game that isn't Maven/Darkpit at this very second, who would it be with a little like one line reason as to why?
I imagine that no one is going to counterclaim the Ura kill so that probably makes you A-OK in my book.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I guess it's possible you could be the SK though? I'm not sure if the SK claiming a vig at this stage is the most viable option, seems kinda like suicide...maybe?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think J is fine tbh. Ura kill is sound and falls in line with what I would expect a vig to do. I think an SK would have likely not shot Ura since Ura was clearly a suspicious player on D1; the SK likely wants to leave suspicious people alive so that they can more easily evade the lynch.

Also, claiming a vig more or less would be suicide considering the possibility of a mass claim when there's only one bad guy left since it would be easy to find out there was an extra vig claim.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I guess it's possible you could be the SK though? I'm not sure if the SK claiming a vig at this stage is the most viable option, seems kinda like suicide...maybe?
Honestly it might be better to claim Vig early as an SK. The reason I think so is that, the SK is honestly in a better position, when at least one mafia member is still alive. I detailed earlier how much of a better position we would be in if we lynch one of the threats to town today, as if the doctors pick the right person to protect, its a 7 v 1. If the SK blends in as a vigilante and staves off the lynch for just one day then there are still plenty of shots being fired during the night phase. Something the SK benefits from as more people are eliminated from the game and they are safe due to bulletproof.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Though the last threat to claim has to either claim vigilante or doctor. Vigilante is much riskier, but can have a bigger payoff, if the other two vigs are lynched first. I believe.
It it definitely in our best interest to get the last mafia member first though, as once that's done, the vigs no longer have to risk shooting a townie and we just focus on lynching.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Given there is only one person that can be nightkilled in town's favor. Even if we don't lynch the last mafia goon today it might be in our best interest to have neither of the vigs shoot tonight. As its more of a risk to town than benefit currently. We're better being defensive during the night.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Honestly it might be better to claim Vig early as an SK. The reason I think so is that, the SK is honestly in a better position, when at least one mafia member is still alive. I detailed earlier how much of a better position we would be in if we lynch one of the threats to town today, as if the doctors pick the right person to protect, its a 7 v 1. If the SK blends in as a vigilante and staves off the lynch for just one day then there are still plenty of shots being fired during the night phase. Something the SK benefits from as more people are eliminated from the game and they are safe due to bulletproof.
Yeah that's true, and I doubt the other vigs would come forward at this point (too much of a risk...probably? I haven't done the math on this yet).

I'll think more about it.

Though the last threat to claim has to either claim vigilante or doctor. Vigilante is much riskier, but can have a bigger payoff, if the other two vigs are lynched first. I believe.
It it definitely in our best interest to get the last mafia member first though, as once that's done, the vigs no longer have to risk shooting a townie and we just focus on lynching.
Not to imply any kind of action by saying this but, at this point I feel the last goon more or less is in the same position as the SK. I think as long as we hit either one, it will be easy to sniff out the other.

Given there is only one person that can be nightkilled in town's favor. Even if we don't lynch the last mafia goon today it might be in our best interest to have neither of the vigs shoot tonight. As its more of a risk to town than benefit currently. We're better being defensive during the night.
Vigilantes are compulsive and must shoot unfortunately.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well, I did say that I figured someone would have doc'd him on the basis that most people were reading him as town. Just throwing some ideas out there, is all.

It's still possible that he is the SK and just trying to blend in with the rest of us, but of course the same could equally be true of me, or you, or just about anyone else here.
It is true, the scum patterns which i am entirely basing off are for mafia mindset only. The sk patterns elude me entirely.

It is possible we could encounter such by complete chance of being misentagled with the scum, but that is only possiblity and equally likely they are blending in town to assume disguise.

Though we do have to take care in fact that the sk will want to derail scum hunting as much as possible. Because as soon as we find the mafia the sk can simply be mechanic'd to death. Meaning their only chance of survival is for them and the mafia to survive long enough without being found to erode the town.

I already know from past experience how you can jump on patterns like that to draw connections, so if I were mafia why would I risk giving you something to work with? Obviously that doesn't clear me of potentially being the SK, but again that's true of everyone.
Because thats how you play the game. One who doesn't give something dies, its those that contribute that survive. Case in point Ura and Opossum did nothing to contribute besides meaningless gestures. Look where they are now.

It also makes a good faux defense. Such as you are using as of now.
The only information you're going to get from lynching me is to prove that I just had a really bad first day, and that you need to abandon your theory of patterns and start looking elsewhere, with little else to go on.
If the patterns come up inconclusive, then you adapt and find what is and make results based on that, reads are changeable and so are conclusions. It is not box thinking it is instead following the path of logic to the truth, you make ideals on the way of the journey to the end. And you push with what you have till something stands against.

. . . I now all of a sudden feel like i'm preaching like a character from Ace Attorney.
Do you think that information is worth losing another townie?
Yes. Obviously.

The goal is to wipe the enemy to extinction. As long as that goal is achieve everyone is a sacrifice, including myself, in pursuit of usable information. I pulled an stunt in FEH using my upcoming lynch of silence to speak out and use my town death to frame the faults, perfecting intending to die. Leading to a movement to lynch the third party. I also attempted a similar stance in the assassin game voting you, the king as an attempt to put suspicion on you for the assassin to free you as a king using my own death. (granted as i could see that would of achieve naught and was thinking i was wise when i was but a mouse, but its still the idea.) To win town has to sacrifice themselves to achieve, for we are all but pawns who come to unionize.

Information is our weapon, and it can be used to win or lose games, it is always best to sought after no matter what. And if you are fearful to lose a town due to risk then you are nothing but foolish. If you are fearful of such then you should never lynch anyone, because every lynch has the chance of flipping either no matter how much we scrutinize it. Case in point, FE7 mafia, no body thought pokechu was town, and they lost the game because of it certain he was mafia.

If you only play safe as the uninformed, then you are playing the game the informed set to you as they have the knowledge and can set pieces. For town to win they have to overcome what and what and take risks, for all lynches are always risks. Any price with worth the pay to achieve victory.
Moydow seems pretty genuine to me, I think she only seems out of character because she hasn't been town in a real mafia environment yet. She was a mafia in FE's game, the cultist in White's, and then we had Popcorn afterwards. She hasn't needed to worry about votes as a townie because she's never been town in a voting environment. Her posts are really authentic to me, and I think she's trying to make do with what she has, given how she was expecting 48 hour phases but really got 24.

One thing I've always liked about Moydow is how she can metagame. She's always the one to contribute with pieces of evidence such as this

Even in her first appearance in FE's game she was putting evidence together as a mafia. Her town game was REALLY good. Her offering theories like this, which Kon shut down

is just her being in-character.

I see no reason to target Moydow. Just because she's followed similar patterns as Opo/Ura doesn't mean she has to be the third mafia. I think it's obvious she's townie, and she's in fact the one I'm townreading most right now. Barney just got dethroned LOL

Could you explain what you mean by this? Assuming that Moy is town and she said that, I don't think it's smudging you or Barney because she said that she was fine with the both of you. And obviously if she flipped SK/Mafia goon we would see she was just trying to take you guys under with her.

Hm. . . I've looked this over, and you make a valid point pokechu.

Fair enough, you convinced me.

Unvote: moydow.

I do not believe they are off the suspect list. But you make reason enough for me to back off. I would personally push rather for maven/darkpit. Fire has the most justification of the other 3, i would prefer darkpit because maven usually plays active when they seem to be in a scum role from games i was not part of.
It was in response to this.

You lot can decide for yourselves if you think that means I'm the serial killer or not, but on that point I would argue that I wouldn't risk leaving both Kon and Bard alive when they were targeting me; even if killing them made me look suspicious, leaving them alive to continue making their arguments would seem riskier to me.
Which. . . Now that i reread i misread. Whoops. Forgive me.
I thought they were saying that if they flip to suspect us both as one of us would be an enemy. But instead it was defense for themelves saying the fact were both alive when we are gunning for them as if they were a killer they would of killed one of us to remove us.

Which in truth, is a horrible defense full of holes. But not the moment to focus on that.

Question for everyone:

So your the one who killed ura?

Well i'll fill in the other hole. I'm the other vig, I shot opossum. When looking back through the thread I notice him not participating and instead skirting through the back. Purposely avoiding the game yet still popping in to offer meaningless content, i found it odd considering he seems more like someone to be more in-depth and actually be part of the game his actions didn't leave it very well to me. It was still mostly a gut shot but i snapped it and ran with it and killed opossum. And the flip tells the rest of the tale.

If me and you are both the vigs, then that means both kills belong to the vigs, meaning the sk was teh one whos attack got healed.

And if it isn't maven/darkpit/moydow. Then fire emblem. For reasons i stated in the past.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ok, with both the Vigs out, might as well massclaim, I'm a doctor.

Do you think it would be in town's best interest for the vigs to state who they are going to target, so us doctors can protect those being fired upon and focus on day phase?

Top Bottom