• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May for Brawl

Resting_Fox

Smash Master

Wanting to bone ^HER^ is healthy...
Anyone over the age of thirteen should not be thinking sexually about May. In my not-so-humble opinion.

That said, I have to give Shadow Calibur some credit on his moveset. But I just imagine any moveset based on a trainer would sort of have the Pokemon as phantoms on or around the trainer. Like with Sky uppercut, Instead of doubling the hitbox by summoning Blaziken and holding onto his feet, or back he would appear translucent around the trainer to perform the move, and the hitbox would be based on Blaziken's model, not the trainers.

I know it doesn't entirely make sense, but it fits the Trainer's character, and would allow for more pokemon cameos in the game. Also, it sort of goes with the Summoner archetype that every Pokemon trainer fits.

I almost think every move should be done like this, if May were to appear, Because having a variable hitbox like that is unique, and would definitely be broken. Which makes it a fun idea.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Koops said:
and was ganondorf in MM? No, he wasn't.
i know that, but ur sayin that the y link from before y link became older link would get owned by ganondorf, and thats obvious.

im sayin that the y link in ssb is the one from mm, even though he uses the sword and shielf from OoT, he uses a bow shooting fire arrows, and ssb has MM stuff, an mm level and an mm item. if the y link was from OoT then link would always own him.

the y link from MM can shoot light arrows and can do everything link can do plus more (i think)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
u got a point there... well how do u know that? it was never said that that was the only weapon, did they? a great fairys sword could probably work.

and if it dusnt.... FIERCE DIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
I don't play the games too much, but couldn't you use the big Goron sword against Gannondorf in OoT?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Rebel said:
I don't play the games too much, but couldn't you use the big Goron sword against Gannondorf in OoT?
When he was in his second form, yes, when the Master Sword was unavailable during the first part of the fight.

On topic, it's just like I said earlier- and I quote:

Do keep in mind that this is Smash Bros. It's meant to be a Nintendo-and-some-third-party-characters-smashing-each-other-without-the-logic type of game.
Young Link can send Ganondorf into space and Pikachu can wail on Mewtwo- just some of the many possibilities of Smash.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Red has more chance and is cooler but I would prefer to see neither human pokemon character, and both have a low chance.

I hate anime it sucks Family Guy is the best animation but live action is better, that's mainly why I don't want to see some stupid anime styled character in there, it's a stupid reason to want to add her saying she's a cute anime girl she's a flipping picture. (IMO)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*takes out da clubbin stick*
well exuse me, but there are actualy people who LIKE anime (guilty as charged) on this board!
keep your (OMG! I THINK (insert something here) IS GHEY!1) rants to yourself, or at least think twice, and re-write it so it sounds more appropriate. it will cause a lot less flamewars, trust me I should know.
may should be in for us anime fans, and if you hate anime THAT much, then use her as a flippin' punching bag then! everyone is happy then!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I changed it, Sorry I just really hate all animes I have seen. pokemon, Dragonball Z, Mew Mew Power (my sister was watching it I walked in the lounge room), Sailer Moon (my sister was watching it I walked in the lounge room), Gundam Wing, One Piece, etc. so I don't want to see any anime styled or anime characters in Brawl

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
May started out as a game character. I edited and reworked her moveset so that she's not totally anime. If I stuck in any of the Pokemon she had in the anime, then we would've had problems.

uremog

Smash Ace
man i thought you meant guilty gear may. not like she's in any nintendo games. all right, i'll shut up now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
I changed it, Sorry I just really hate all animes I have seen. pokemon, Dragonball Z, Mew Mew Power (my sister was watching it I walked in the lounge room), Sailer Moon (my sister was watching it I walked in the lounge room), Gundam Wing, One Piece, etc. so I don't want to see any anime styled or anime characters in Brawl
I LUV anime, and One Piece just happens to be my favorite series (I mean the undubbed, Japanese version wghere the violence isn't censored and crap).

You, my friend, has just made a POWERFUL foe...

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
If even a single fight starts in this topic, I'm gonna have to do some heavy reporting. Got it? I don't care whether you guys like anime or not- you fight, you get reported.

xianfeng, look at what I said in the post below ThundaSnake's. I'm trying to avoid the anime May. I understand the stipulations Sakurai's giving for characters.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
so I don't want to see any anime styled or anime characters in Brawl
you must REALLY hate marth, pit, and roy then. :p animefied pit+ all the new FE chars in the game=sucks to be you :p sorry dude, you better get used to the style if you want to tolerate brawl.(this is a lighthearted comment, so dont report me please ;_; )

SC: in case you haven't relized, all of the pokemon in the game are based on their anime counterparts. the pokemon dont say thier names in the actual games. they make these wierd cries instead. though I dont see much difference between the ani-may and the game may. :ohwell:

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
tirkaro said:
you must REALLY hate marth, pit, and roy then. :p animefied pit+ all the new FE chars in the game=sucks to be you :p sorry dude, you better get used to the style if you want to tolerate brawl.(this is a lighthearted comment, so dont report me please ;_; )

SC: in case you haven't relized, all of the pokemon in the game are based on their anime counterparts. the pokemon dont say thier names in the actual games. they make these wierd cries instead. though I dont see much difference between the ani-may and the game may. :ohwell:
If I incorporate the Pokemon she uses in the anime into her moveset, then that'd make her an anime character. And yes, I do realize that.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
tirkaro said:

I don't like Marth or Roy, and I'm not to crazy about Pit.

If you're going to use summoning moves then use the starter pokemon (in their first form) like was suggested for red or maybe the really common pokemon like rattatah, Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie those kinds of pokemon.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
I don't like Marth or Roy, and I'm not to crazy about Pit.

If you're going to use summoning moves then use the starter pokemon (in their first form) like was suggested for red or maybe the really common pokemon like rattatah, Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie those kinds of pokemon.
Mhrm, nah. The moveset's godd enough.

Switched around a couple of B moves.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Shadow Calibur said:
If even a single fight starts in this topic, I'm gonna have to do some heavy reporting. Got it? I don't care whether you guys like anime or not- you fight, you get reported.

xianfeng, look at what I said in the post below ThundaSnake's. I'm trying to avoid the anime May. I understand the stipulations Sakurai's giving for characters.
lol, I jever meant for him to remark back. Its just smething stoopid I had to say. We all have those moments. Sorry :( As a black-belt, I try avoid all fights, even verbal

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Not to be a negative nacy or anything... But May doesn't really deserve to be in Brawl. She hasn't done enough for the francise as Red or Ash have done, and I dont even want them in the game. The humans in the pokemon series... they dont even do anything. They just take credit for what their pokemon do. Telling a charmander to use flamethrower against a bellsprout is stupidly obvious.

Wash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't think the actual character would cut it, but I really liked how you went into details about all of the moves and even the Kirby hat; props to that, cuz I haven't seen anyone mention it. And the Super Smash sounds cool, too. Nice job.

NukeA6

Smash Master
commonyoshi said:
Not to be a negative nacy or anything... But May doesn't really deserve to be in Brawl. She hasn't done enough for the francise as Red or Ash have done, and I dont even want them in the game. The humans in the pokemon series... they dont even do anything. They just take credit for what their pokemon do. Telling a charmander to use flamethrower against a bellsprout is stupidly obvious.
You can't say that to Sabrina. She has psychic powers.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I want to see Ash or the orignial pokemon characters. I mean Brock, Misty, That guy with the scyther. I mean May?! Seriously..she does not deserve the spot. Although I would like to see Gary or mabye Lance from the elite four would be nice. Maybe Giovvani? Jesse and James?

WR3K

Smash Ace
for all the ppl saying shes good looking, i remember the episode when she was introduced...... she said she was ten years old....................

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
Moveset is good but you should change the B ^ and possibly the B >
B > move maybe, but the B ^ stays.

commonyoshi, the thing I've been doing in this topic is taking a trainer beyond what a trainer normally does. And a trainer does more than call out his/her Pokemon and order him/her to attack.

I see many of your points in this thread, guys, but I feel that an obscure and lesser-known character such as May should get some shred of the spotlight.

Tell you guys what- stick this idea in the Nintendo Nsider forums and see whet the guys over there think. I'd do it myself, but I lost my account.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
wtf people come up with the stupiedest ideas

I dont wonna be a negative nancy but 1 word

FAILED

she isnt the type of charactor and none of the pokemon trainers should get a right besides only people who made melee is cuz of popularity and a poll of POKEMON.

note:i am trying not to be a negitive nancy

fluffy

Smash Champion
wow i googled "may pokemon" and alot of naughty things showed up.

ash hasta be in if may is to appear.

and thats just stupid. imo.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Lishy said:
wtf people come up with the stupiedest ideas

I dont wonna be a negative nancy but 1 word

FAILED

she isnt the type of charactor and none of the pokemon trainers should get a right besides only people who made melee is cuz of popularity and a poll of POKEMON.

note:i am trying not to be a negitive nancy
Says the man who made a thread suggesting Popo should be his own character. Don't get me wrong though, I don't like this suggestion.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Lishy, for once, could you actually make sense. People made melee bacause of Pokemon? This may not have been what you meant, but that's what it sounds like.

Top Bottom