• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May for Brawl

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I think if you're going to include May, you might as well include Ash Ketchum as well, if not first. I think that its good to have the most primary character from a video game series ( in this case, Pokemon) selectable first for a game such as the Super Smash Bros. series, although i know some don't agree with me...=/

(Sorry in advance if you mean specifically from versions Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald)

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
TAMASHI said:
I think if you're going to include May, you might as well include Ash Ketchum as well, if not first. I think that its good to have the most primary character from a video game series ( in this case, Pokemon) selectable first for a game such as the Super Smash Bros. series, although i know some don't agree with me...=/

(Sorry in advance if you mean specifically from versions Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald)
If I included both Ash and May, one of them would have to be a clone of the other.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
we're simply saying "ash" in placemen of the male pokemon hero. its alot easier to say than blue/red/gold/silver/male crystal/male ruby/ male saphhire/ male emerald hero.
or we could just say generic male pokemon trainer, but that sounds unessecary. so were just calling him ash.
EDIT: hey, this is my 123 post!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I have to agree, it is a good idea but I dont think any trainers are going to make it in the game as a playable character.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
This suggestion was intended to be more of a surprise than an expected appearance. No one expects a Pokemon trainer to be in Brawl, much less May. But ya never know- Sakurai might just pull something similar to Snake's surprise entrance.

I basically don't mind if she doesn't get in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
BigRick said:
When I read the title of the topic. I thought he was talking about May from Guilty Gear...

Hmm, she would be great with her dolphins and stuff...
Me too, but if anyone from GG ould be in, it would be either Sol or KY, they are the ryu and Ken f the series.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
In case you forgot, there's no such thing as 'Ash' in the game world.
Might be true, but there also was no such thing as "Link" in the game world, and they did use his commonly known name.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
GaryCXJk said:
Might be true, but there also was no such thing as "Link" in the game world, and they did use his commonly known name.
The name Link was used in the instruction manuals, game cases and nintendo said his name was Link much like how for Red, Green, Blue and Yellow the hero's name was Red.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . As long as Lucario and Blaziken get in I really don't care what other Pokemon characters get in. . .

So Im all for May ~.^ !

super_sonic

Smash Journeyman
in hylule castle,northeast tower room 472
Shark X said:
In case you forgot, there's no such thing as 'Ash' in the game world.

Actually, yes there is. Not only in games like pokemon pussle league, but in pokemon red or blue, when you name your player it gives you premade names to choose if you want, no? And one of those names is Ash.

As for May, she is a TV person. Smash brawl is the best of the best of the VIDEO GAME world. If tv dudes were allowed in, i'd be filing in an order to put Chuck Norris in pronto!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
super_sonic said:
Actually, yes there is. Not only in games like pokemon pussle league, but in pokemon red or blue, when you name your player it gives you premade names to choose if you want, no? And one of those names is Ash.

As for May, she is a TV person. Smash brawl is the best of the best of the VIDEO GAME world. If tv dudes were allowed in, i'd be filing in an order to put Chuck Norris in pronto!
May's also a video game character.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I would like to say, wasn't Ash reffered to in Pokemon Gold / Silver?

And yes, May indeed IS a character in the Pokemon games. Either as the daughter of professor Birch, in which you explicitly see her name, or as the daughter of gymleader Norman, a playable character, in which you actually need to name her May.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In Yellow there was no Red, I just checked :p but in Red and Blue he was Red and your rivals name was always Blue, in G/S there was the Red trainer guy with the really strong Pikachu

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
The reason i came to this thread right now is to luagh at the stupiedity of who made this thread and who are actually with them.

NO trainers or humans from pokemon will make it they arent even the main charactors just the player.

and out of all the people you pick MAY!?!?!? its differnt if its bruno but MAY?!?!?!?srsly you fail!NEG REP!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
And yet, you made a thread supporting popo as his own character, AND you support Tingle being included. Your ideas are even worse than this suggestion.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
atleast it isnt MAY!!!!

marshigo why are you going off topic?

also about popo being only I said "if they planned to remove him cuz they are a duo they could atleast keep popo cuz some people like IC"

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
In Yellow there was no Red, I just checked :p but in Red and Blue he was Red and your rivals name was always Blue, in G/S there was the Red trainer guy with the really strong Pikachu

It took me three tries to beat his Pikachu, but that's just becuase I'm heavy on Water/Fighting (Hence my love for Poliwhirl, since he is good with both types) pokemon, and my Fighting pokemon always got KO'd at the worst possible times when fighting his other Pokemon :ohwell:

Well anyway,Lishy, stfu. I'd rather be May than Tingle anyday. I HATE HIM SO MUCH :mad: :mad: :mad:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
If you want to argue about Tingle being included, go to the Tingle thread, don't waste our times.

May has a chance of being in Brawl, an extremely small one, but she still has a chance. I don't hate her or anything, but there are many other characters I want in over her.

I'm confused as to why commonyoshi would even want to waste his time taking over Canada.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
how do I do the court thingy?gimem da link since this is a court room =(

marshigo dont say it atleast I can beat the game "grandia" without getting a game over once !I also beat the game in 23 hours BEAT THAT

Top Bottom