• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May for Brawl

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Yes, but she needs some sort of physical move, and I don't think she does much within the show. Maybe her moveset could be mafde uup of Pokeballs? Dpn't find this as me supporting the idea, because I don't really like it, but it contributed to the disvussion.

-SMB

zombie7775

Smash Lord
The damage doesnt matter right now plus I came up with that in 20 seconds.

A- Hits you with a backpack or something.
A down- bores you to death showing off her ribbons.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Well technically isn't Peach a human and she doesn't attack usually and I don't support a trainer either, but May would be my first choice of if i did though and what ribbons are you talking about zombie May doesn't have ribbons check the fifty thousand picturesin this thread and you'll see no ribbons.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I guess she could punch you she might have hit Ash somewhere in the series. Punches and Kicks. A> and A^.

B- Throws ribbon case at you like bomerang.
B^- Flips up into the air to recover.
B> charged slap (thank you Dweller).

Cant think of rest.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Well technically isn't Peach a human and she doesn't attack usually and I don't support a trainer either, but May would be my first choice of if i did though and what ribbons are you talking about zombie May doesn't have ribbons check the fifty thousand picturesin this thread and you'll see no ribbons.
Slow down, I can't understand a word your saying. daer ot reisae s'ti os pu ecnatnes eht kaerb.

I don't usually watch the show, so I didn't really know if she had ribbons.

-SMB

zombie7775

Smash Lord
She does and I know it is sad i know this, but I read up before I started to post in this thread. Now I want to get the info out of my head. Wikipedia has too much info on Pokemon.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Peach is human and she is in it, so May is human so she could be in it I suppose and there are so many pictures on previous pages that you can find out she doesn't have ribbons. I don't watch the show either and zombie don't lie you wouldn't research anything unless you had too.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Wikipedia has a bunch though and thats where i got it. It tells her pokemon and about the show. Just check it says a lot. Im not completly lazy.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It probably does say alot and yes you are completely lazy. Why don't you just check the other pictures for her ribbons they aren't visible at least.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
This is directly from Wikipedia.

When the group reaches Rustboro City, May decides that instead of collecting gym badges, she's going to dedicate her efforts completely to Pokémon Contests. Since then she has won several ribbons in most of the Contest halls she travelled to. May has a rivalry with a Pokémon coordinator named Drew (or Shū in Japanese) who appears at every other contest that May participates in, often compared to the rivalry that Ash had shared with Gary Oak.

If I am as lazy as dweller says i wouldnt take the time to write all this.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_(Pokemon)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You are you just don't want to be wrong and I knew she collected contest ribbons you should have been more specific on what type of ribbons. I thought you meant she had ribbons in her hair or something like that.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Learn English zombie.:laugh: If you don't care to know something in your previous post delete the word "don't".It probably does say alot and yes you are completely lazy. Why don't you just check the other pictures for her ribbons they aren't visible at least.
Try learning english, yourself, Dweller.

Dweller, Zombie, you guys are posting WAY. TOO. MUCH. You guys have close to my number of posts and you've been here for less than a month. Try to stop spamming so much, it'll help you become a lot more respected in these boards. Slow down a little and think before you post. Are you just conversing with the same two or three people when you post? Is what you're posting related to the topic, or just chained to another person's post? Try and post more than just one- or two-liners, too, it helps with coherence and gets your point across much more effectively. I hope this helps.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Try learning english, yourself, Dweller.

Dweller, Zombie, you guys are posting WAY. TOO. MUCH. You guys have close to my number of posts and you've been here for less than a month. Try to stop spamming so much. It'll help you become a lot more respected in these boards. Slow down a little and think before you post. Are you just conversing with the same two or three people when you post? Is what you're posting related to the topic, or just chained to another person's post? Try and post more than just one- or two-liners, too, it helps with coherence and gets your point across much more effectively. I hope this helps.
He modified his post and fixed it after I posted. I just didn't bother to change mine and personally I don't care if I'm respected here or anywhere else for that matter andit is hard and pointless to extend response posts to over two linesif your answering a small question.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
The bottom line is this: there's a PM system on these boards for a reason. The people reading these threads aren't interested in your arguments (if you can call them that) with Zombie. don't flood a topic with unnecessary posts directed at one person, PM them so it leaves room for intelligent posters to fill it in with intelligent posts.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
It doesn't mean they aren't valid posts. Those posts are not just directed at you two, so don't start getting delusions to the contrary. They were meant for everyone in these forums, and I meant for my message to be heard. Do you think it was not a message worth sending out? I haven't said a thing about May in Brawl because the time where we could've done anything about Brawl characters is past, and there's no use in speculating about them. Sakurai will design his characters as he likes, and we'll just have to deal with it when the game comes out. This is just my opinion after thinking long and hard on the matter when these Brawl Forums first started up. You can try to point fingers at me, but your little flame war with Zombie has pretty much precluded any chance of validity to your opinions in the eyes of others.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok to get back on topic after rudly being knocked off it I would come up with better moves if I knew enough and wanted to take the time to make them. As for May in Brawl if they could come up with a reasonable moveset I would consider being ok with her being in brawl. Some of the ideas I gave I think are ok but others arnt I agree. The moves on the start thread if they didnt have pokemon as the moves would be great plus add some others.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Here is some Info on May's manga equivlant Sapphire.

Name: Sapphire
Birthday: ?
Title: None
Qualifications: None
Special Skills: Pokemon Gym Battles
Has these pokemon on her team: Chaka the Blaizken, Ronono the Aggron, Phadodo the Donphan, Tororo the Flygon (?) and Minun
These pokemon at sea: Wailulu the Wailord and Relili the ugly fish thing
Has had: Lairon, Arron, Combusken and Torchic

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dunno y u posted that... well i think like... some of the popular pokemon wouldnt be popular if they werent owned by popular trainers. if ash didnt have pikachu it wouldnt be popular. if may/sapphire didnt have combusken/blaziken, they wouldnt be as popular. look at all the 2nd gen pokemon and pokemon like swampert. they are unpopular because they arent any trainers signature pokemon.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Well actually Ash only had Pikachu because he was popular.
wheres your proof for that? i heard that it had nothing to do with popularity and it was just a choice from the show producers when they had a vote amongst themselves. i think i heard something about choosing pikachu in that thread where the pokemon creater compared tadpoles with poliwhirl

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Pikachu was always shoved down our throats more than the other pokemon and the japanese loved his cutsey looks thats why him and Jiggs were so popular, it was down to those 2 on who ash would have as his pokemon.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Ash had Pikachu because the anime writers thought it'd be a good mascot for Pokemon, a title which it quickly gained and held to this day.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Well actually Ash only had Pikachu because he was popular.
I don't think so, because I vaguely remember Pokemon barely had a pulse before the series started.

Pikachu has been much of a phenomenon over the past years and how he incorporated himself into the show. He was the main characters pokemon, and he was also a rodent that looked cute! I mean, they created a character that many people enjoy.

-SMB

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Uhh...no it is a board you can expect to run into the same people onthe same topic and I checked to get the numbers because someone asked how it got off topic.
He's right, I keep running into Basement Dweller and Zombie in a lot of these threads, and I'm hating every minute of it.

I'm so glad that there are smart people in this thread who aren't just here to raise their post counts.

As for May, I say the pokeball suggestion is the only way to go. It's be weird to have her as a character, watching a little 10 year old girl punching and kicking other characters, even pokemon. I'm not saying she couldn't fit, but there are better suggestions out there.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Now by pokemon suggestion do you mean pulling pokeballs out like peach does with turnips or do you mean her using her pokemon to fight. If you mean the first one I mentioned then I agree. If not and you mean her using pokemon then I think there are better attacks she could have.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Using pokemon seems like the only reasonable way for any trainer like May to be a character for Brawl. Otherwise, the only thing they could do would be to punch, kick, and maybe throw empty poke balls like was just suggested. That would make for a pretty boring character, so I say that pokemon would have to be used at least for the B atttacks.

On that note, maybe they could change it bit so that it is different then the pokeball items. Insted of having a pokeball be tossed and a pokemon come out and attack, maybe the pokemon could appear next to May and use it skills to help. There could be a different pokemon for each of the major B attacks.

Example: B + up attack, Beautifly. Beautifly appears above May and grabs on to her floating her upwards a bit to reach ledges and hit anybody in the way.

Just a random thought. My apolgies if it has already been suggested before.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Franchise that suggestion would work but for it to the pokemon that appear to help her would have to be ones that arnt in the game anywhere else. That way the game would be less confusing when fighting her. If she had some pokemon that you could also play as it might get confusing at times. If they appear it would reduce lag from having to call out the pokemon though.

Top Bottom