• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 24, 2014] What A SMASHing Time (Frankfort, KY)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I have been practicing intensely since May 3rd. I might come if my family is clear that day. How do you decide who gets into the crew battle?
Okay, well the crew battle may not even happen to be honest. I promised 5 events so those 5 events have to be over to even really do the crew battles. But to get in it, we would have to decide which game we would be doing the crew battle for... which ever game has more crew support we will do that. So... it all depends on the crews. And if we are doing it regionally like Tenn vs Ky then you would need to talk to the crew or just show them your skill. Money match them or just play them in friendlies or maybe how you did in bracket is enough for them to play with you. Plus KOkingpin is from Tenn so talk to him or whomever he brings.

Last edited:

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
When do you think melee singles and double will start? The earliest I could get there would be around 1 and I need to know if I'll get there before registration ends.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
When do you think melee singles and double will start? The earliest I could get there would be around 1 and I need to know if I'll get there before registration ends.
You are in luck kindaa... I am going to switch it up a tad bit... PM singles and Melee doubles will be first.
Schedule will be released tonight when I get off work...

So far I do know that it is...
10am - Venue Opens
11am - Registration starts
12pm - Registration for PM singles and Melee doubles ends.... however... if you notify me I can put you in the bracket and you pay me and play your matches when you get there.
1215pm - Bracket for PM single pools finalized
1220pm - PM single pools starts and Melee Doubles bracket is finalized
1230pm - Melee Doubles starts

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Bowling Green smasher here. This is shaping up to me my first tourney, so I'm certainly hyped.

Hopefully I can drag a few interested parties in here from BG as well, give them a feel for what a tourney is like and whatnot. Should be fun.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Bowling Green smasher here. This is shaping up to me my first tourney, so I'm certainly hyped.

Hopefully I can drag a few interested parties in here from BG as well, give them a feel for what a tourney is like and whatnot. Should be fun.
Look forward to seeing you! :)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
So I am confirmed for this. Wink, I will be getting there around 12:45. Louisville is going to go in this tourney. SPACE JAM IS THE TRUTH.
Alright on the day of the tournament will you text me at 502-352-3131 so I can have you down for the events that registration have ended by then.

Jehu

Smash Rookie
It looks I'll be bringing at least three people for Project M singles, Project M doubles, and maybe Melee singles.

Jehu

Smash Rookie
You gotta be confident! You all gonna run this tournament!!!!
Well, you know it's all a part of the act to lull all rivals into sense of complacency. Also on a different note, it looks like I've got a "maybe" added to our Bowling Green car load... so bottom line is 3 confirmed, one maybe. If I convince anyone else to come, we'll have enough for our own BG crew! Otherwise, I'll have to commandeer someone else when we get there.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Well, you know it's all a part of the act to lull all rivals into sense of complacency. Also on a different note, it looks like I've got a "maybe" added to our Bowling Green car load... so bottom line is 3 confirmed, one maybe. If I convince anyone else to come, we'll have enough for our own BG crew! Otherwise, I'll have to commandeer someone else when we get there.
Haha! I gotcha! I am gonna try to get crews to happen but if it doesnt happen do not be surprised but be prepared.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just saw Rizner's post at the front when this showed up as 'near tournament' and thought that the rules were going to be changed

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The rules aren't going to change to what you want for a long time.

But PS1 is just a stupid stage when PS2 exists. Should be replaced with metal cavern.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Are they ever going to cut down on how many stages can be used? Sometimes it's almost pointless for bans when there's like 10 legal stages of all variety

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I would personally like to see the Xanadu stage set, with Dracula's Castle and Distant Planet replacing Pokemon Stadium 1 and Skyloft.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Honestly, I would like to change it but its too late. Tournament is tomorrow and I really do not want to deal with the stage johns...

"Oh I didn't get to practice on this stage!"
"Wait, I've never played this stage!"

However, Metal Cavern is my ****. Maybe one day guys...

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I would like to change it but its too late. Tournament is tomorrow and I really do not want to deal with the stage johns...

"Oh I didn't get to practice on this stage!"
"Wait, I've never played this stage!"

However, Metal Cavern is my ****. Maybe one day guys...
You're banned from the event anyways. There's a strict "no douche" policy enforced at this and well....I'm afraid you fit that category :(

Top Bottom