• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 10- BRAWLTournament- Miami- Singles And Doubles-BIG UPDATES

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Doubles will Begin at 1:00PM And Singles After doubles end.

Doubles
team hits
3 stock
No Items
7 Min Time limit
Double Elimination (We need Wii's + Brawl to assure Double elim. )
First stage decided by random. Loser of match chooses following stage.

SINGLES Same rules apply.

best 2 out of 3
best 3 out of 5 Finals and Grand Finals

Winners changes characters first then losers (If they want to change characters.)

Double blind for character selection may be used ONLY IF a player requests it BEFORE going to your station.

If we have enough Wii's we will set up a Wii running friendly's through out the tournament.

Stages

Neutrals: (Set on random)

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island(DS)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

All other stages are banned.

DOUBLES And Singles

*If you register for Both Doubles and Singles it is 10$ registration. If you just enter singles or Just enter Doubles it is 7$*

Singles= $10 Per person - This is all for the pot
Doubles= $20 Per team - This is all for the pot

$5 *Spectator Fee(Free for 10-10-10 members) (If you are registering for a Tournament you don't need to worry about this) -( Covers free play on non tournament TV's on PS3, 360's, SNES, ect.)

Pot split- Singles and Doubles

60% Cash 1st place
30% Gift Card 2nd Place
10% Gift card 3rd Place

*- This allows you to play on any of the system that the store has out( PS3, Xbox 360, SNES, and you could ask for games to be switched out for those sytems aswell.)

(BYOC or use the crappy storage ones =P )

Anyone registering after 12:30PM will be charged an additional $3 Registration fee.

May 10, 2008 Saturday

1:00 PM

6731 Main St.
Miami Lakes,FL 33014
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at:
PHONE: 305 362 7529

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Pre registration is no longer going on. You have till 12:30PM Day-of tourny to register with out facing a penalty.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but we are changing some things up. Example) The pot will be 70/20/10 and some other changes. Ill edit this post tomrrow with some of the changes tomorrow.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
A singles tournament can always be requested for after the doubles, I am sure the owner or the person in charge will be more then happy to accomidate it in.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, all future tournaments will be the pot split we posted here. (60/30/10)

*Also, make sure you are registered before 12:30. =)

Registered = Payed at front counter

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow. That counter pick list is the most ridiculous **** i've ever seen in my life.
You have Rainbow cruise and Lylat(Which is a neutral anyways). Then you randomly have brinstar there. :\
cool.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Linguini, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure they are gonna be going to your melee tourny. Im sure I'd probably rather be there (All you cna eat linguini sounds good right now, lol) =P.

As for the stages. Completely debatable. I just did some research on the forum tournaments (One being held in ZP I believe) And figured that would be a good start compared to just the 3 stages we had last tournament.

So if someone has some productive critisizm and suggestions for the stages, aside from just saying they are the most ridiculous they have ever seen in their life, I'd appreciate it greatly. =D

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
The stages right now are ur best bet for not having anyone there complain the day of.

I wouldn't recomend Poke Stadium, but that's up to you.

The stage list right now I think is just fine.

And I vote for a singles tourny to follow. :)

One last thing, something i noticed from last time that might help, GET CHAIRS PLZ

i can't tell you the amount of people i heard complaining about a stiff w.e. or a pain here or there.

the only thing problematic with chairs for the tv's would be space, but if it were possible i'd say move some of the stands with games to the side.

These are just some ideas I thought of last time I was there.

Obviously the tourny can be run without these, but I think people would appreciate it.

Oh, I plan to come btw.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Lmao, too funny. But yeah, we want to work on something with the chairs. The issue is storing them when there is no tourny going =/. We dont have alot of room. =( lol, I took a chair from my house (The only chair that was available.) But I barly used it that night. But thanks for the input on the levels =)

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Ok, as for the chairs. I will take a second chair I have. (Its a small bar stool I use for rock band =P ) I am working on getting a few more that I can fit in my car in order to take them with me at the end of the day. If you have a small chair you want to take that won't be to much of a hassle to travel with then that could work too. =) We will solve the chair issue, because I know how much it sucks to be playing standing up all day.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hey, I will go to this if I can find a decent doubles partner.

Post if you need a partner (and you don't suicide 24/7).

Cloudstealth

Smash Journeyman
Hey so this is only doubles I take it, sounds like fun. My Teammate and I might go, a question though: Are you allowing stage banning? Or will it only be the 5 stages you have set as nuetrals? Also on the pot split it says the second and third place will be getting gift cards and not cash? We're also paying an entry fee as well, where is the entry fee going to?

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
Singles can be run too, just ask the employees and they will more then likley add singles after doubles (The same way they added doubles last time)

Stages: I havn't gotten enough feedback on them so we are gonna run this tournament with just the 5 Neutrals. Hopefully I can get some feedback on some counter picks so we can have Stage banning and actual counter picks next time.

As for the pot, questions would probably need to be directed to an employee (Preferably Rick), I just foward the info here. lol I'm the middle man. =P I podt here because I'd like to be able to play competitivly in my area. (But if I had to guess, the gift cards are given out in order to pay employees, and still be able to give second and third their winnings worth even if it's in merchandise.) Thats just my guess. (Only logic I can find, lol)

Btw Chaz. I've been practicing my Marth. I want to play you in some friendlies maybe (hehe, I think i was able to improve by gettign sent to losers by your Marth =P )

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Anytime im not playing a match at the tourny itself, feel free to find me and i'll discuss with you many of the stage discussions going on for tournies right now so we can sort this out.

It'd be great if this place becomes a popular place to have tournies every few weeks, with gigs and ZP being the other consistant tournies.

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
****, I was hoping to interupt your match by bombarding you with stage questions =P. lol

but in all seriousness, I'll def chat with you about the stages. It would be nice to have set of stages for the tournies.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I'm most likely going to this tourney as well with my partner. ;o

It'd be great if this place becomes a popular place to have tournies every few weeks, with gigs and ZP being the other consistant tournies.
Definitely...and this place is a lot closer for me at least then ZP, and the long drive to Gigs in Orlando. :O

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of activity on this thread :).

I'm still looking for a doubles partner!

PnT-MiamiLakes

Smash Cadet
guys, It official. They will be throwing a singles after the Doubles. So we will really need some Wii's in order to make it all possible. All Singles info edited on original post.

P.S. Rukuu, take some meds dude =P. You just gotta be there! hehe

P.S.S If you guys have any more questions or suggestions before the tourny lemme know so i can ask the people at PnT or suggest it to them. or feel free to call.

Oh yeah, off topic a bit, why wont my sig show =( I used the [ img ] [ /img ] tags.

Top Bottom